Savage new teacher took stick to seven year old 99 times

webfact

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Well, knowing the way Thai schools operate, she will probably receive a reprimand and be back teaching after a short vacation. OTOH she ought to be arrested for grievous bodily harm. 

I am sure many members on this forum with children in school would be having more than a quiet word with this creature.

Disgusting.  Seven years old. "Left the class without permission."   Based on previous similar incidents, I think the strategy is she will be given a "stern reprimand" quite different from that which she gave the young boy and told to definitely make sure she does not get caught doing it again.  Report back to work at same school, same class on Monday.   Poor young lad.

Edited by The Deerhunter

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Violence isn't discipline.

27 years UK and across the world, never had a problem and never had to strike a child.

A teacher who uses violence as a means of discipline should find a new career path.

It's assault.

Typical lefty response. That sort of thinking is the reason that lots of the schoolkids in the UK and the US are out of control.

4 hours ago, tominbkk said:

Waiting for those old-timers of Thaivisa to come out talking about their own glory days of being whipped by the headmaster and how it did them a lot of good.

Hopefully the new teacher is punished with jail time and forever banned from a classroom.  

Maybe she can find a job as a dominatrix somewhere. 

LOL> Back in my days at school, the maximum was "6 of the best" as they were called, and that was at high school... and it didn't do any harm. Immediately after high school we had to do 2 years of compulsory military service. The army is no place for babies who can't handle a little punishment.

There's a big difference between metered out punishment and abuse...

This has nothing to do with punishment... I don't have kids, but I'd still want to have a good talk to that bitch even if it was my friend's kid.

4 hours ago, tominbkk said:

Yeah my dad was a pacifist but had to get over that instinct.  

Seeing a nasty woman like that who obviously enjoys hurting young children makes me so angry.  I really do feel that she needs a couple years in prison for that.

That's a crime. Its criminal. Its intention to do bodily harm. Its a defenseless child. I'd give her at least two years and 10,000 blood money. That would put other teachers off pretty quickly.

I'm a teacher. Clearly this teacher is not a teacher but a psychopath and  needs a good lesson in the insane asylum.

The poor kid will probably never trust another teacher the rest of his life - and maybe all his classmates too.

Edited by TerrylSky

4 hours ago, Mook23 said:

happy for u. my dad was from that fantastic generation that never learned how to talk (emotions). oh well. i survived and learned a lot, eg. that i didn't want kids ;-) :partytime2:

Yes.  I have been practicing for nearly 50 years and ever produced one yet (to speak of.....) 555

1 minute ago, TerrylSky said:

I'm a teacher. Clearly this teacher is not a teacher but a psychopath and  needs a good lesson in the insane asylum.

The poor kid will probably never trust another teacher the rest of his life - and maybe all his classmates too.

You can't have it both ways. If this teacher is clinically insane, then she doesn't need a "good lesson", but therapy. 

She probably just needs punishment, followed by anger management therapy, and a different job.

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Well, knowing the way Thai schools operate, she will probably receive a reprimand and be back teaching after a short vacation. OTOH she ought to be arrested for grievous bodily harm. 

I am sure many members on this forum with children in school would be having more than a quiet word with this creature.

And so many criticize Thai teachers and the Thai education system, tsk, tsk.

20 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Still think Thai schoolkids are much better behaved than UK kids. I think that's down to the threat of corporal punishment. In this case though she went way over the top and should be dealt with severely. Kids in UK schools do what they want because of lefty PC methods which have crept in over the years. 

Nonsense.

You clearly have no idea how to work with and educate children.

I would advise you to avoid teaching as a career path.

Edited by Bluespunk

5 hours ago, tominbkk said:

Waiting for those old-timers of Thaivisa to come out talking about their own glory days of being whipped by the headmaster and how it did them a lot of good.

Hopefully the new teacher is punished with jail time and forever banned from a classroom.  

I was regularly given 6 strokes of the cane in high school, for being a clown.

No kid that young deserves to be hit by any teacher, for any reason

4 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Doesn't look too serious, just a few little marks.

I cannot believe you'd say that. Would you have preferred a little blood?

This was a small 9 year old boy and he was brutally caned on the back. There are no excuses for the teacher's behaviour whatsoever. The damage may not be as visible as in the attached photo, but there will be bruising and swelling. Totally unacceptable. If my 9 year old nephew came home like that, the teacher would have a 'meeting" with me and I woul be arrested. 

lashings.jpg

There's quite a different between the threat of a whack with a cane and being beaten 99 times!

I was brought up knowing to respect my elders and the rules... and I also knew that actions had consequences.

I dont condone what happened to that kid one bit... Neither do I condone the total disrespect of a teacher

I do know from what my 2 girls have told me, that some boys are a complete handful and many students cannot pay attention to what the teacher is teaching due to the incessant ruckus...

Edited by thhMan

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

I bet this boy NEVER leaves the classroom without permission again.

So you guys think he needs more farang punishment, like standing in the corner for 10 minutes? Or writing 100 times "i will never leave the classroom without permission" on a of piece paper. Or you won't get pocketmoney for 2 weeks now.

I can still give you all the full names of all the teachers who ever hit me. And i don't even blame them cause they were right in doing so.

Just look in the malls and see how unmannered the Thai kids are, even when the parents call them to stop running like crazy they won't listen at all.

Really. And did you get hazed at University and bullied and hazed in the forces? All character building eh?

Bet his parents are working class too and should touch their forelocks to this genius University educated new teacher?

What's it like living with a 19th century mindset?

Not one single teacher, infant, junior or senior ever hit me. I wasn't a bad lad but the fact my large hockey playing mum made it very clear up front what would happen if they did might have influenced them. See, a bully never likes the thought of retribution. By the time I was 14 was more than capable of stopping most myself if they'd wanted to try.

One hit my step-son once. Local renowned Rugby player, hitting a small 10 year old round the head, producing some headaches and blurred vision. Local policeman told him not a good idea; as did several equally renowned local players. Had the effect.

Hitting children is illegal - in Thailand, the UK and many other countries. It's illegal for a reason. People who break the law are criminals.

She would loose her job, be banned from teaching and probably receive a sentence or suspended sentence in most countries. Here, maybe the usual public apology ( but not to the boy or his family), a transfer and warned not to get caught again.

11 minutes ago, thhMan said:

I was brought up knowing to respect my elders and the rules... and I also knew that actions had consequences.

I dont condone what happened to that kid one bit... Neither do I condone the total disrespect of a teacher

I do know from what my 2 girls have told me, that some boys are a complete handful and many students cannot pay attention to what the teacher is teaching due to the incessant ruckus...

My daughter said the same at a new foreign school we tried. Three expat teachers, all young, admitted they didn't know how to quell the ruckus and keep better order. Moved back to her original school, much happier.

My wife is a teacher. She was often used as one of the "enforcers" with a disruptive class. Never had to resort to violence, shouting and screaming. In the UAE she was asked to help out when kids' school at lot of teacher illness absence. They also soon asked her to "assist" some of the younger teachers in keeping order. 

Teaching is a profession that requires developing teaching skill as well as having sufficient subject knowledge. 

That's why I give so many who post they want to "come here and teach English" with no qualifications and/or experience such a hard time.

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

My daughter said the same at a new foreign school we tried. Three expat teachers, all young, admitted they didn't know how to quell the ruckus and keep better order. Moved back to her original school, much happier.

My wife is a teacher. She was often used as one of the "enforcers" with a disruptive class. Never had to resort to violence, shouting and screaming. In the UAE she was asked to help out when kids' school at lot of teacher illness absence. They also soon asked her to "assist" some of the younger teachers in keeping order. 

Teaching is a profession that requires developing teaching skill as well as having sufficient subject knowledge. 

That's why I give so many who post they want to "come here and teach English" with no qualifications and/or experience such a hard time.

Agreed. Fear was the only method that kept order when I was at school. 

The article says .new teacher'. Just wondering:

- How old she is?

- Exactly how long has she been teaching?

- Did she attend a primary school and perhaps a high school where it was common for teachers to hand out severe corporal punishment? (But I'm not saying that makes it OK!) 

14 minutes ago, Condorman said:

Agreed. Fear was the only method that kept order when I was at school. 

At my uni some of the bachelor classes are close to out of control, students doing anything they want, and girls are the worst.

Many of the Thai professors (both genders) just sit at the teachers desk and read aloud, but in reality not many kids are listening nor can even hear and comprehend what the professor is saying.

These teachers make no attempt to control the class, because they have no idea of what to do to control the class.

Edited by scorecard

I have had my share of corporal and psychological punishment by a mother fairly aggressive... I remember most of the beatings my sister and I suffered and some were very serious, and I am sure we did things wrong, but the only memory I kept was the pain, the insulting situation, the moral damage, but have no freaking memory of what it was for... so I don't believe there was any lesson in there, only made me hate my mum and still today after over 50 years, I still hate what she did to me and feel horrible about it... so don't tell me corporate punishment works, it is pure rubbish. 

oz

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

I bet this boy NEVER leaves the classroom without permission again.

So you guys think he needs more farang punishment, like standing in the corner for 10 minutes? Or writing 100 times "i will never leave the classroom without permission" on a of piece paper. Or you won't get pocketmoney for 2 weeks now.

I can still give you all the full names of all the teachers who ever hit me. And i don't even blame them cause they were right in doing so.

Just look in the malls and see how unmannered the Thai kids are, even when the parents call them to stop running like crazy they won't listen at all.

Yeah! Let's KILL the naughty kids. That's the way!

You dummy!   :annoyed:

Edited by Essaybloke
So annoyed I made a grammatical error. I was too scared to let it go in case I got beaten up by some bully of a teacher.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"Corporal punishment has been banned in Thai schools for many years...."

Even student teachers walk around with sticks in their hands. Kids are constantly wacked at my school. Usually the same ones. So what purpose does it serve? As for this one, she's a nutter. This is GBH and should be dealt with as such. A criminal act.