Advice urgently needed from a poor rice farmer and clown.

lostinisaan

Sawasdee khra,

It's driving me crazy and I don't have the time to Google and try 40 different versions of a set up now.

Here's my problem in form of a Samsung Smart TV which is connected to a  PSI satellite receiver via HDMI. First, it didn't work, but it finally worked out well. Today I got my receiver back from the repair shop and connected it, but also a LAN connection to my Fiber Router.

When I connect the TV only via HDMI, I get the picture and sound which should be normal. But onceI get online and want to hear music on Youtube for example, the damn receiver isn't working. And I can plug it into CD, VCD, DVD, or even in my arse". No sound coming through the speakers, maybe only the TV soap opera can be heard.

The TV has got two HDMI connections and I was wondering if there's a way to connect my receiver via HDMI to my TV. I've also tried to attach our DVD player, but nobody is really watching DVD';s anymore.

I have to be honest that I'm not a TV expert and got no idea how to connect it in a way that I  have Dolby 5.1 s sound when watching TV and when switching to an online movie/song, etc...

Any tips would be deeply appreciated and I'll buy you as much Somtham as you can eat if you come up with the right idea.

Thinking logically there must be a way to connect the TV and the receiver via HDMI which would make perfect sense to me.

Sorry, for such a for many of you so easy question. Would it be a PC then I wouldn't ask here. 

Thanks a lot in advance

20161226_204338.jpg

20161226_204346.jpg

20161226_204422.jpg

20161226_204448.jpg

TV = You are 'plugged in' to the Component A/V IMPUT  <<< pay attention.

Amp = You are 'plugged in' to the Component A/V IMPUT

How is the Amp getting a input signal?

Seems the AMP is not getting any imput from the TV.

Don't see any 'optical links' (TOSLink) on TV or Amp.

Don't see a 'headphone port' on the TV.

Don't see a 'Phono Jack' (Low Impedence) on the amp.

Are you assuming the TV will output Sound

from HDMI to WHAT?

Try plugging the TV BOX AV OUTPUT into the Stereo AMP inputs.

- OR -

Plug the 'Headphone' jack from the TV into the AMP.

It may work, you may not be happy with the results.

Have a great New Year.

- Cheers,

howto

FRom memory, I had a similar problem  when  I had a sound problem with an HDMI on a smart TV and couldnt get sound output to go from the TV via the HDMI to a very good surround sound system I found the answer within the   Menu settings on the TV. (not sure if it was actually within sound settings though)

this was a longish time ago and I seem to remember that you had to turn something on to get the the sound portion within the HDMI, detected.

Sorry for being a bit vague.

20 hours ago, howto said:

TV = You are 'plugged in' to the Component A/V IMPUT  <<< pay attention.

Amp = You are 'plugged in' to the Component A/V IMPUT

How is the Amp getting a input signal?

Seems the AMP is not getting any imput from the TV.

Don't see any 'optical links' (TOSLink) on TV or Amp.

Don't see a 'headphone port' on the TV.

Don't see a 'Phono Jack' (Low Impedence) on the amp.

Are you assuming the TV will output Sound

from HDMI to WHAT?

Try plugging the TV BOX AV OUTPUT into the Stereo AMP inputs.

- OR -

Plug the 'Headphone' jack from the TV into the AMP.

It may work, you may not be happy with the results.

Have a great New Year.

- Cheers,

howto

Sorry for my late answer, had been busy as hell. Okay, when I plug in HDMI from SAT receiver to HDMI  at the TV and the audio from the SAT receiver to my amplifier, then an audio from the amplifier to the TV input audio I do have the speakers' thru amplifier sound.

But when I take the remote and go online, let's say I choose Youtube, the amplifier sound's gone. First time I still heard sound from the TV signal and switched the SAT receiver off. ( Not completely, only with remote. )

Then my thought if it would be possible to run another HDMI from the second connection at the TV to the amplifier. Is there a possibility?

Thanks a million times for any advice, I haven't got time to try things, gotta wait until the holidays. 

Would, let's say DVD, or VCD gibe the signal from ordinary audio cables to the HDMI connection at the TV give me the sound I want?

I might be wrong and it's only a setting that would be easy to fix? Sorry, I never had such a TV and no idea.

Excuse my silly question, please. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

On 12/27/2016 at 10:10 AM, lostinisaan said:

Sorry for my late answer, had been busy as hell. Okay, when I plug in HDMI from SAT receiver to HDMI  at the TV and the audio from the SAT receiver to my amplifier, then an audio from the amplifier to the TV input audio I do have the speakers' thru amplifier sound.

> Cause the SAT BOX is processing the audio

But when I take the remote and go online, let's say I choose Youtube, the amplifier sound's gone. First time I still heard sound from the TV signal and switched the SAT receiver off. ( Not completely, only with remote. )

> Cause the TV is processing the sound

Then my thought if it would be possible to run another HDMI from the second connection at the TV to the amplifier. Is there a possibility?

> NO, your amp does not have HDMI inputs

> TV does not have HDMI outputs.

Thanks a million times for any advice, I haven't got time to try things, gotta wait until the holidays. 

Would, let's say DVD, or VCD gibe the signal from ordinary audio cables to the HDMI connection at the TV give me the sound I want?

> Doubt it. While DVD/B-RAY/VCD 'usually' only have analogue input/output

I might be wrong and it's only a setting that would be easy to fix? Sorry, I never had such a TV and no idea.

> Perhaps, I can't say. Too much 'bout your setup is unknown.

Excuse my silly question, please. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

> Nothing wrong about being ignorant. That can be fixed with your effort.

you can read about HDMI here...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/397001-different-hdmi-versions/

Perhaps the HDMI cable?

FOLLOW THE PROCESSING CHAIN...

I tend to fault the SAT box at this point

SAT seems to process the tv channels... send that to AMP, works

TV is accessing Internet, SAT box does not process that, TV does.

TV can not output audio, OR CAN IT???

DOES THE TV HAVE A HEADPHONE JACK???

If YES, then run that to another 'input' on the AMP.

Perhaps DVD/CD/VCD.

If NO, your screwed.

Best of luck...

- howto

Archived