sending gbp pounds to thailand

5 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

cheers,   i heard before paypal was easiest.  

swift transfer i need only my partners account number ?  IBAN number  or something ,  she is with kasikorn bank.

IBAN is for Europe, a SWIFT number is different - the SWIFT code for Kasikorn in Thailand is found here

https://www.theswiftcodes.com/thailand/

You also need account name and account number as well as the branch address she banks with.

Edited by chiang mai

1 hour ago, pumpjack said:

cheers,   i heard before paypal was easiest.  

swift transfer i need only my partners account number ?  IBAN number  or something ,  she is with kasikorn bank.

PayPal and Western Union may be easy, but you get a low exchange rate.   Easy doesn't mean the best exchange rate/the most money arriving on the receiving end. 

6 hours ago, Harryj09 said:

If I'm sending anything over £500 I use WesternUnion,a bank transfer it takes about two working days to reach my account in Thailand and charges £2.90.todays rate u would get tb43.7

transfer rate yes,  but surely there is also a one off fee / charge ? 

Try transferwise. 

I've always used Transferwise too, they have a free app so it couldn't be easier. If I send it on Monday it's normally cleared by Friday. Always a good rate and a low transfer fee. The other posters are right, it's SWIFT not IBAN for Thai accounts. Transferwise asks for the SWIFT and account details once and then stores the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That's good for inbound transfers but for future reference, be aware that you can' use Transferwise for outbound transactions. That means if you you ever want to transfer the money out again you can't because you don't have an FET. Plus Transferwise doesn't transfer funds out of Thailand, only inbound.

Edited by chiang mai