Problems at Visa Exempt extension - Penalties for no Receipt of Notification?

Getting ready to file for my first Visa Exempt extension in Bangkok. A friend recently was recently fined 4000 baht during that process for not having a receipt of notification - is that an exception or more the norm these days?

Also, what forms etc. do they really require/check? - and is there a copy shop and photo booth nearby?

passport

onward tic

bank statements (do they ever ask for that)?

photos

anything else?

and is it less crowded in the afternoon? any other tips? - thanks very much! am a bit nervous given what my friend experienced....

56 minutes ago, ggtt said:

Getting ready to file for my first Visa Exempt extension in Bangkok. A friend recently was recently fined 4000 baht during that process for not having a receipt of notification - is that an exception or more the norm these days?

Where did your friend apply for the extension? It would certainly be an exception if in Bangkok.

56 minutes ago, ggtt said:

Also, what forms etc. do they really require/check? - and is there a copy shop and photo booth nearby?

Completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. And 1900 baht for the fee.

There are copy and photo shops on the ground floor of Chaeng Wattana immigration.

28 minutes ago, ldiablo72 said:

Only if the hotels are following the procedure of notifying immigration of a foreigner staying on their premises which I bet a vast majority are probably not complying.

Then you will be left with 2 solutions.

Go back to the hotel and get them to comply and pay the fine

Or

Show immigration your hotel receipt, pay the fine yourself and claim the money back from the hotel

• Like 1

eh?  In the past I did a 7 day extension at Jomtien, actually I paid Key Visa to do it since the cost was nominal and it seemed worth it.  What is a receipt of notification ?  The paperwork seemed simple, the form, some photos, some copies, some Thai baht and off I went on my business and the next day Key Visa had my next 7 days.  I expect to do a 30 day extension later next year when I am holiday and wouldn't expect much different?

if you are doing the extension at CW, i'd suggest arriving around 8am.  the office opens at 8:30am and there will be lots of people waiting in line to get in (line will form before 8am).  once you get through the door, go straight past the desk on your right and you'll enter another room where you stand in line again to get your paperwork checked plus get a number (your place in line).  the paper with the number will tell you how many people are ahead of you.  in my experience, they help about 10-15 people an hour for an extension to visa exempt or tourist visa.  i forget which is which but you'll go to area J or K (and your number will start with one of those letters).  you can leave the room and walk around and come back if you are number 70 and they are on 30 (plenty of time to kill).

this is the most crowded time at CW (my opinion).  i've been out in less than an hour in the low season months.  i also recently went during low season between a couple of holidays.  i was there an entire day, even though i arrived at 8:00am.  so try to avoid a week with a holiday.

make sure you fill out your form before you go.

a couple times i've shown up around 9am wanting to avoid the line thing.  it tends to add an hour or two to the process (more people in front of you).  i'm still out before noon.  one negative if you get it done quickly is you can hit traffic on your way back to bkk (and/or mochit BTS).  so sometimes the 9am arrival will allow to you to miss that and you don't have to stand in line.  you still get home quicker via the early arrival but this avoids standing in line.

Edited by buick

I have a question for this panel I am on a METV and due for my next visa run on the 28 of January so I am going for an extension since I got my return flight after 7 months in here so I know I have to get photoes but do i get to produce copy of my passport and the entry form attached to my visa or just fill in the form and supply the photoe with 1900 baht??

Thanks for advices.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Where did your friend apply for the extension? It would certainly be an exception if in Bangkok.

Completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. And 1900 baht for the fee.

There are copy and photo shops on the ground floor of Chaeng Wattana immigration.

ubonjoe I get the impression just over the past few days this seems to have been a dramatic increase in the number of posts regarding this notification of address business and in the apartment building where I stay they have never given me a " receipt of notification " every time I return from being away somewhere?is this something new?

Edited by Asiantravel

9 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

ubonjoe I get the impression just over the past few days this seems to have been a dramatic increase in the number of posts regarding this notification of address business and in the apartment building where I stay they have never given me a " receipt of notification " every time I return from being away somewhere?is this something new?

The TM30 reporting being stringently enforced at some office has been going on for well over a year now. There have been many topics about it.

Bangkok immigration has not been one that has been reported as been one of them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The TM30 reporting being stringently enforced at some office has been going on for well over a year now. There have been many topics about it.

Bangkok immigration has not been one that has been reported as been one of them.

thanks for clarifying that

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Then you will be left with 2 solutions.

Go back to the hotel and get them to comply and pay the fine

Or

Show immigration your hotel receipt, pay the fine yourself and claim the money back from the hotel

and you think the hotel will actually pay the fine?? This is Thailand.

39 minutes ago, mettech said:

I have a question for this panel I am on a METV and due for my next visa run on the 28 of January so I am going for an extension since I got my return flight after 7 months in here so I know I have to get photoes but do i get to produce copy of my passport and the entry form attached to my visa or just fill in the form and supply the photoe with 1900 baht??

Thanks for advices.

check post #2 on this thread for the copy info. 

1 minute ago, Lewis711 said:

When I visit Buriram from bangkok and stay for few days, what documents must I produce to do notification at Buriram Immigration? Anyone any idea?

None unless you are going to need do something at immigration.

• Like 1

My wife sent in our TM30 via registered mail when I arrived at her condo, and they sent back requesting a Home Book for Nonthaburi Province, copies of my passport, copies of her ID Card, copies of the TM6. So we sent everything but the Home Book (though responded the details of her home book situation), because her home book is for her home in another province, not her condo Nonthaburi. In the meantime, we purchased & moved to a bigger townhouse in the same province, and we sent in the TM28. We just finished the Home Book showing our new townhouse, and will send that next, but no one answers our calls over there at Chaengwattana, and since the first response letter, nothing has happened, and I still have no receipts for our TM30 or our TM28. While my wife just got her new homebook, I applied for a pink Thai ID card, and a yellow book (they said witin a few days- all pretty painlessly). So pretty soon I will be headed to immigration planning to do my extension on my Non-Immigrant "O" marriage Visa (which I need to accomplish within a couple weeks before my Visa ends), I expect them to make this about as troublesome (or $$$) as they can, as they seem to have issues with just sending back a simple  receipt,  though we can show they signed the registered mail for them both. My wife isn't going to let them charge her a dime, as she is about as pissed at their system, as the rest of us. 

on 26 december i was at cm immigration  and  when i arrived here on 2 november , and did not  do anything with the tm28 or 30  when i extend my setv for 30 day i putt my adress on the paper   and that it ,  they did not asking me anything :) 

Edited by thai006

4 hours ago, ocddave said:

My wife sent in our TM30 via registered mail when I arrived at her condo, and they sent back requesting a Home Book for Nonthaburi Province, copies of my passport, copies of her ID Card, copies of the TM6. So we sent everything but the Home Book (though responded the details of her home book situation), because her home book is for her home in another province, not her condo Nonthaburi. In the meantime, we purchased & moved to a bigger townhouse in the same province, and we sent in the TM28. We just finished the Home Book showing our new townhouse, and will send that next, but no one answers our calls over there at Chaengwattana, and since the first response letter, nothing has happened, and I still have no receipts for our TM30 or our TM28. While my wife just got her new homebook, I applied for a pink Thai ID card, and a yellow book (they said witin a few days- all pretty painlessly). So pretty soon I will be headed to immigration planning to do my extension on my Non-Immigrant "O" marriage Visa (which I need to accomplish within a couple weeks before my Visa ends), I expect them to make this about as troublesome (or $$$) as they can, as they seem to have issues with just sending back a simple  receipt,  though we can show they signed the registered mail for them both. My wife isn't going to let them charge her a dime, as she is about as pissed at their system, as the rest of us. 

Please enlighten what is Thai Pink ID card, I never seen that before.. Even though I am a Thai PR, I still carried a Thin Dark Blue Booklet and a Red Booklet. Thanks

17 minutes ago, SureeratTang said:

Please enlighten what is Thai Pink ID card, I never seen that before.. Even though I am a Thai PR, I still carried a Thin Dark Blue Booklet and a Red Booklet. Thanks

I believe this thread will explain it...

Regardless of rules, Immigration do as they please. Due to the website having been taken down, I just visited Sri Racha for my 90 day report. Being unable to remember the copies they require for this, I took everything. Immigration officer did not even look at them, just stapled them all together. The date for my next 90 day report is about 50 days hence on the same date as my visa extension. Last year the 90 day report was done on line and the full 90 days was given, even though it overlapped the visa extension. I've learned not to query anything with them as it is a waste of breath.