9 month pregnant Farang guys in Pattaya?

joeyg

3 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

It seems like Thai Visa has a substantial number of people concerned about how others look, dress, live etc. Why the concern? Why not concentrate one one's self? What does it matter how others thing, dress, live etc?

I make remarks about how people look, but I am not concerned about them, most of my Farang friends are overweight, and it does not stop me being friends with them. But it can matter how people live, if they are drunk and keep on annoying me after been warned, there is only one place they are going to end up, but it has never happened in Thailand.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

You are paying the airline to transport you from one place to another, only thing you own on that plane is your personal belongings.

Wrong, I never said I owned that seat, I paid for it for the length of my flight, and no one is going to encroach on it.

33 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You cannot compare the UK and probably the USA with Thailand, where it gets ridiculous here is that so many of these big fat guys go to Pattaya, rent a bargirl dress up in wifebeaters, covered in Tattoos, then stroll about looking like the cat that got the cream, and are so stupid they don't realise that everyone is laughing at them including their rental bargirl.

But these girls will soon stop laughing when their big fat Farang gets on top of them.

Who says they get on top? 

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Wrong, I never said I owned that seat, I paid for it for the length of my flight, and no one is going to encroach on it.

Ohhh ok then, maybe next just say you "paid for the seat" instead of "bought and paid for the seat" :smile:.

21 hours ago, joeyg said:

Thanks. I was a fat kid and battled to lose it for years.  Basic training in the US Military took care of the and I've maintained since.  Ihave a slow metabolism. I "look at food and gain weight."

As a veggi my diet is carb laden although trying to go more Paeo but it's tough.  Exercise and portion control is the thing for me.

And I really didn't mean it as a wise a$$ question.  I just wonder, some of these guys and gals here look like they are going to "blow."

It's an honest question.  What does it feel like

Sorry but i think the "slow metabolism" excuse is just rubbish. If you eat sensibly and exercise you will lose weight. I certainly start to drop pounds if i exercise/walk.

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Sorry but i think the "slow metabolism" excuse is just rubbish. If you eat sensibly and exercise you will lose weight. I certainly start to drop pounds if i exercise/walk.

There are many ways to speed up ones metabolism. Dr Google can tell you. Basically snack veggies that are low GI every hour or 2 all day and every day that will keep your metabolism ticking over without weight gain.

22 hours ago, robblok said:

My dad was like that, he lost a lot of it (not all) But he told me it felt so much better not carrying all that weight. When I got fat (not that fat) i felt bad did not want on pictures and so on. I really felt like a fat pig (and it was not even that bad).  I guess it really got a lot to do with self image. 

I don't doubt that the real heavy ones have health problems too, can't be good for the joints and so on. But its often a matter of priorities and they made their choice i respect that. I could be fat and eating whatever and whenever I want with no regard for the future or lean and taking care of my diet and exercising. Just choices people make. 

My best before date has passed along with my desire to diet and watch all my body's intake. I just wish to enjoy the time I have left eating and drinking and doing what I like. I am sure if I took one of those 6,000 bahts promotional checkups the hospitals offer they would find 2 or 3 things wrong and have me placed on their founding membership list for lifetime treatment with bags of drugs. I just keep putting along and strokin the keys. 

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Its a bit of a cycle.. you get fat.. less energy eat more get fatter then when you lose the weight you gain energy, confidence and so on. Problem is in keeping the weight off. Because it really takes a permanent change. You can't go back to what you did before because that is the way you got fat. 

I got fat by overeating and drinking (I always exercised.. but it just can't correct a bad diet). Once I had my diet in check (already exercised the resulting body transformation was great). Now I am tempted at times to overeat as I do love food however I just think back on how I was and it usually goes away. But if you exercise a lot you get more insulin sensitive and can handle carbs and other things better its ok to once in a while let go. 

Problem is we are not all created equal, some lose fat easy others don't (we can all lose it just takes more effort to lose it and keep it off). I have dated petite girls that ate as much as I do and not get fat. It annoyed me at times exercising this much having so much muscle and still can't eat as much as some of those girls. Then again I build muscle easy (ok needs hard hours in the gym but it come easier as for some). We all got our genetics and we have to live with them. But nobody HAS to be overweight (certain sick people excluded)

"its ok to once in a while let go".  Yes, I go along with that, I let go most nights about 7pm, after I have exercised in the mornings and most afternoons, I have a good lunch, then about three hours later  I have my only daily cup of tea with two sugars, and biscuits, but never any alcohol. I always stay around 76 Ks and 185 mts tall.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

"its ok to once in a while let go".  Yes, I go along with that, I let go most nights about 7pm, after I have exercised in the mornings and most afternoons, I have a good lunch, then about three hours later  I have my only daily cup of tea with two sugars, and biscuits, but never any alcohol. I always stay around 76 Ks and 185 mts tall.

give the sugar in the tea and biscuits away and have a scotch or 2 no mixers just water.

4 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Seems a lot of these guys forgot what it means

to take care of yourself, eat the proper foods and

exercise.  Also a little growing gracefully wouldn't 

hurt.

Do they know what proper nutrition is? a lot of the so called health foods are worse for you than you know, foods are grown for profit now, not nutrition! So many additives in food that are So bad for you! an example being butter versus margarine!!

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Majority of Germans thought Hitler was a good guy. So much for public opinion.

Remember the victor writes the history!

4 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

There are many ways to speed up ones metabolism. Dr Google can tell you. Basically snack veggies that are low GI every hour or 2 all day and every day that will keep your metabolism ticking over without weight gain.

Google is in the business of advertising, reading anything these days you have to make an "informed" It is becoming more popular to just eat one time a day now which gives your body time to "work" or so google says! :shock1:

Every bodies metabolism is different, what works for one isn't going to be the "norm"!

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

People just love to point fingers, especially on this forum. Look how young and beautiful I am, and look at that poor, fat, old geezer over there. I know who I feel sorry for.

I would not feel sorry for him, as in most cases he only has himself to blame.

39 minutes ago, samsensam said:

OP dont be so negative, as these guys well know, this excess weight only adds to their hansumness with the local ladies. :w00t:

I think you got that a bit wrong, it is the thick wallets that adds to their hansumness with the local ladies, not their disgusting fat bellies.

28 minutes ago, evadgib said:

This reminds me of a stunt pulled by an insurance company some years ago....

Insurer: "Our BMI chart says your xx KGs overweight, That'll be £ (twice as much!) please!"

Me: "Whaaattt? I neither drink nor smoke! How many of you 'normal' customers can match that?"

A kidney prob went undetected for 30 years and lead to unexplained weight gain but is thankfully now being reversed. Cardio vascular wise I'm fine, not least through regular excersise, but I'll always be a tellytubby although did manage to keep it down prior to the age of 40 as I was a soldier and always on the move.

Perhaps the OP could answer my question to insurers and also reveal his age? :)

I don't think it would be in any way unfair to reply that for every one person like yourself with a valid medical reason for being overweight, there are probably several hundred or even several thousand who simply eat more calories a day than their body requires and who thus gain weight. The heavier you get the more calories you burn so eventually most people reach an overweight equilibrium state. However there are, of course, those whose weight doesn't settle and who continue  pile on the Kilos; these unfortunate people are the ones who make onto the television and into the newspapers when the fire brigade have to extricate them from their dwellings as no Ambulance crew could safely lift them.

As being significantly overweight is known to be one of the primary causes of Type II Diabetes, it is a very serious problem for health providers across the world. I don't think people realise just how serious this illness can be. Amongst others, the "side effects" of Type II Diabetes can be Cataracts and Diabetic Retinopathy which can lead to blindness. Peripheral Vascular Disease is another unpleasant "side effect". That can lead to limbs needing to be amputated, grave chronic ulceration of the extremities particularly legs and feet which can also eventually lead to amputation. It also substantially enhances a sufferer's risk of cardio-vascular accidents (heart attacks and strokes). 

I don't think it would be in any way unfair to reply that for every one person like yourself with a valid medical reason for being overweight, there are probably several hundred or even several thousand who simply eat more calories a day than their body requires and who thus gain weight. The heavier you get the more calories you burn so eventually most people reach an overweight equilibrium state. However there are, of course, those whose weight doesn't settle and who continue  pile on the Kilos; these unfortunate people are the ones who make onto the television and into the newspapers when the fire brigade have to extricate them from their dwellings as no Ambulance crew could safely lift them.

As being significantly overweight is known to be one of the primary causes of Type II Diabetes, it is a very serious problem for health providers across the world. I don't think people realise just how serious this illness can be. Amongst others, the "side effects" of Type II Diabetes can be Cataracts and Diabetic Retinopathy which can lead to blindness. Peripheral Vascular Disease is another unpleasant "side effect". That can lead to limbs needing to be amputated, grave chronic ulceration of the extremities particularly legs and feet which can also eventually lead to amputation. It also substantially enhances a sufferer's risk of cardio-vascular accidents (heart attacks and strokes). 

You foregot cycling neurosis that leads to sudden death here every day

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 minutes ago, paulbj2 said:

One of my best friends over here has type two diabetes, his eyesight has faded a bit, he had his left leg amputated below the knee only about three months ago, yes he is very overweight and drinks, or should I say drank every day. All you vastly overweight guys out there should be very careful.

41 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No thanks, I feel I have earned my little pleasure.

Sorry to hear that. Several years ago on Australian radio they had a weekly one hour program with a top doctor. The topic was health as you age. This quite renown doctor said his biggest problem with patients as they aged was trying to convince them that tea and biscuits did not constitute a meal. He said he tried in vain to get his patients to eat a substantive meal. You are what you digest as we age we need more of certain nutrients than we did in our younger days. Please try and spend some time online and find out about functional medicine it could add several healthy years to your life. 

11 hours ago, kannot said:

Oh my non god,thats  terrible.............you went to Manchester:shock1:

I took some Thai MBA students to a business comp. at the University of Texas, at Austin, several years ago. Right in the heart of downtown, always many pedestrians right outside, many well overweight many very obese. My students were 

just shocked. Further, on a couple of occasions where we had to eat quickly we went to a nearby Wendy's, noticing many locals ordering 2 and even 3 large burgers, 2 big cokes / sprites, 2 apple pies etc. 

Edited by scorecard

19 minutes ago, paulbj2 said:

My weight is down by 5 Kg (11 pounds) since the beginning of November, only another 13.5 Kg to go to reach my target weight 70 Kg (11 Stone = 154 lbs) which will give me BMI = 23.4.

Go Paleo and lose it easy without starving or exercise.

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

One of my best friends over here has type two diabetes, his eyesight has faded a bit, he had his left leg amputated below the knee only about three months ago, yes he is very overweight and drinks, or should I say drank every day. All you vastly overweight guys out there should be very careful.

I heard on the news the other month that Australia will need to build some amputation factories instead of regular hospitals due to all the amputations required by sufferers of type II diabetes.

23 hours ago, joeyg said:

Thanks. I was a fat kid and battled to lose it for years.  Basic training in the US Military took care of the and I've maintained since.  Ihave a slow metabolism. I "look at food and gain weight."

As a veggi my diet is carb laden although trying to go more Paeo but it's tough.  Exercise and portion control is the thing for me.

And I really didn't mean it as a wise a$$ question.  I just wonder, some of these guys and gals here look like they are going to "blow."

It's an honest question.  What does it feel like

I guess it feels "normal" to them.  It did to me 27 years ago.

It was the "look" of my own obesity that persuaded me to lose 20pounds in 10 weeks.

I didn't expect to feel so good about the new found agility that I acquired as a result.

Obesity has become so normalised in the UK that I have been told by some (even though my BMI is just within limits) I look "a bit thin".

When there I work with a vast, bloated lump, whose knee joints are collapsing as a result of his enormous bulk (maintained by a regular and frequent intake of chips, saveloys, pies, chips, chip sandwiches, pizzas, more chips, packets of chocolate biscuits eaten in one go, etc, etc......).

He says his knees are not recovering because the NHS is failing to give him the "right sort of physio".  

He never mentions his weight.  Why should he?  It's up to an increasingly stressed NHS to fix him.

It's his "right".  He's "normal". 

Aren't we all in todays world of "equality"?

Edited by Enoon

11 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

I heard on the news the other month that Australia will need to build some amputation factories instead of regular hospitals due to all the amputations required by sufferers of type II diabetes.

That's terrible.