9 month pregnant Farang guys in Pattaya?

joeyg

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> it's not about the capacity of my blender. It's about not being interested in making weird concoctions that I wouldn't enjoy. It is used primarily to make delicious banana protein shakes.

You got a great juicer and so do i.. i should use it more.. but im lazy. I still get plenty of veggies because they opened a jones salad bar near my home and I get a real big salad everyday for diner. Lots of variation and I buy some stuff like olives to add (cheaper to add myself)

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/28/2016 at 3:08 PM, WhamBam said:

Each to their own.

There is always one who has to comment / complain about how other people look.

In most cases it is down to the owner of the body as to whether they are comfortable with it or not. If they are not then they have the option of doing something about it.

For many they get larger as they get older and their metabolism changes. Others have limited mobility and find it harder to exercise.

Yet it is little different from the USA or the UK and other countries where there are many obese people about - men AND women. Do you go into forums there and complain about the size of people?

Guessing you're a fatty? :giggle:

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

I have had this discussion with my dad, after he had a heart attack many years ago he changed completely. He started to bike a lot (and I mean a lot like 14.000 km in a year). He often tells me how others his age are who rely on pils and seem to love getting more pils from the doctor. They don't want to lose the weight (takes effort) or eat better for lower cholestorol (easier to take a tablet). Also they seem to have not much energy. When I see my dad for the holidays and we go snorkeling and walking its hard for me to keep up with him. He is in that good shape. He also does not look old and he can help me with loads of things in the house (DIY) without it being too much for him. He is also quite strong still. I am proud because before the heart attack he really had a big beer belly, its not completely gone.. but much of it is.  Now my mom never exercised and always has ailments and really not much energy. 

I think by exercising (in moderation some exercises can be bad too like jogging if too heavy and other stuff) you can add quality of life but its an investment you make. My dad is 68 and i hope i got his stamina when I am that age. His regret is that he did not start this earlier (pre heart attack). 

So its not really postponing the inevitable.. sure we will decline but at what rate and how much is in our control. But of course all this healthy eating and living is no sure guarantee you wont get something.. but the odds are stacked better. 

Agree 98% when  I say postponing the inevitable that really is part of it.  I used to tell students that we are not like a fine bottle of Conaque we really don't get better with age.  Out side of a terrible accident which can happen any moment.  Most people I've seen pass away, and I've seen hundreds, did so after long suffering then with the aid of heavy drugs to ease their pain in the end.  

Your dad is about 4 years older than me and it sounds like he made a fantastic transition from his "big beer belly" to a healthy weight and life style.  I guess what I'n trying to say is even for those of us that take the time and have the discipline to not live with the 9 month pregnant belly.  It's still not a guarantee that we will not die while incapacitated, suffering and in pain.

The point is we tried.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

If smoking raises premiums and so does drinking too much why not do the same for having a too high body-fat percentage (I am saying body-fat because otherwise healthy people with low body-fat but a high weight would have to pay too while they are healthy. Should be some reward for those that stay healthy and don't increase their risks.

My insurance never asked me about my BMI or if I smoke or drink. But how easy would it be to lie on those questions. 

Health insurance companies are probably the main reason that GP's don't like to use the words pre-diabetic or diabetic. The insurance companies freak out when they hear such words. When someone is pre-diabetic, doctors tell them they are "insulin resistant", which sounds like they are OK, and feeling OK they don't take the action they should be taking to improve their impaired sugar metabolism.

14 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> it's not about the capacity of my blender. It's about not being interested in making weird concoctions that I wouldn't enjoy. It is used primarily to make delicious banana protein shakes.

I like blending in Macadamia Nuts and Coconut meat.  Takes a little horse power for that.  Making hummis blew up the last Otto I had.  I still make it now but know I have to take it easy.  With the old Vita Mix it was just throw everything in and turn it on.

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

You got a great juicer and so do i.. i should use it more.. but im lazy. I still get plenty of veggies because they opened a jones salad bar near my home and I get a real big salad everyday for diner. Lots of variation and I buy some stuff like olives to add (cheaper to add myself)

Too lazy to use a juicer, mmm I heard everything now. OK stay FAT

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

Health insurance companies are probably the main reason that GP's don't like to use the words pre-diabetic or diabetic. The insurance companies freak out when they hear such words. When someone is pre-diabetic, doctors tell them they are "insulin resistant", which sounds like they are OK, and feeling OK they don't take the action they should be taking to improve their impaired sugar metabolism.

Insulin resistant Is an important part of understanding diabetes but that's just one aspect. There may not be enough insulin being produce.  In certain cases there may be to much circulating insulin.  There are other factors and hormones to consider when making a diagnosis.  The truth is diabetes is fairly easily managed in most cases.  Sadly most patients don't comply.  At some point I would discharge non compliant patients.  Reality was they were killing themselves.  Mostly with food.

3 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

Too lazy to use a juicer, mmm I heard everything now. OK stay FAT

I am lean, but we are talking about a expensive juicer for vegetables. Cleaning the thing takes quite a bit of effort. To do it every day is a bit much at one point I was making veggy juice for 2 days and that was ok. However now I have a great salad bar near to my home and getting salad there to fill my veggie needs works good.

I do workout say 4 times a week between 1 to 2 hours. So I would not consider myself that lazy.  But cleaning that juicer plus buying and juicing loads of veggies every day got old. I used to do kalle / beetroot / ginger / carrot / garlic / tomato / (some bitter thai veggie) and drink that. Good for health for sure (bad on the taste-buds)

7 minutes ago, bermannor said:

Regarding blenders, anything less than 1 hp and 15 000 rpm is a toy! Check Vitamix, Blendtec or Omniblend mixers. But you have to dig out real money ?

The Otto 1200 watt is far from a toy.  It's a steal at 1200 bhat.  Like I said I blew the first one up in a week.  Lotus replaced it.  Knowing how to use it I'm sure I will get my my money's worth out of it.  Actually I already have and running strong.

Had the same Vitamix for 25 years in SoCal.  Ran the same as the first day when I sold it...

13 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Why would one have to be a fatty to agree with what he said?:giggle: I agree with him 100% and I'm not a fatty.

Some people eat to live, others live to eat. Leave 'em be!

24 minutes ago, bermannor said:

giddyup, all those peoples around the world who hate Jews for example. All those who are not the sharpest knife in mother's kitchen drawer. Never been in Africa and mingled with the peoples? Having visited 60 countries means nothing

I don't get it?

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am lean, but we are talking about a expensive juicer for vegetables. Cleaning the thing takes quite a bit of effort. To do it every day is a bit much at one point I was making veggy juice for 2 days and that was ok. However now I have a great salad bar near to my home and getting salad there to fill my veggie needs works good.

I do workout say 4 times a week between 1 to 2 hours. So I would not consider myself that lazy.  But cleaning that juicer plus buying and juicing loads of veggies every day got old. I used to do kalle / beetroot / ginger / carrot / garlic / tomato / (some bitter thai veggie) and drink that. Good for health for sure (bad on the taste-buds)

Amen! It's hard work doing it every day when you juice 10 or more ingredients. I'm currently in the lazy phase myself...

22 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I like blending in Macadamia Nuts and Coconut meat.  Takes a little horse power for that.  Making hummis blew up the last Otto I had.  I still make it now but know I have to take it easy.  With the old Vita Mix it was just throw everything in and turn it on.

Macadamia Nuts are very expensive - I wouldn't waste them in a blender. I love eating nuts whole. I always eat my coconut meat straight too. I don't really understand your obsession with making smoothies. Most often they cause stomach bloat too.

What's the fuss and concern all about? When you consider the high ratio of trans-genders in Pattaya, and consider the extreme lifestyles and personal activities in which they indulge freely and frequently, it should not surprise anyone when they end up pregnant as a result.  However, it's screamingly obvious that, despite the wisdom their advanced ages should have accumulated,  many of these poor misguided men are either blissfully unaware of their condition or how to care for the foetuses they carry.  They may be boofheaded males at heart but they desperately need pre-natal education programs and training to ensure their children avoid suffering, especially as a result of their prime carer's alcohol consumption during pregnancy, as well as other unfortunate aspects of their flamboyant lifestyles.

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

Macadamia Nuts are very expensive - I wouldn't waste them in a blender. I love eating nuts whole. I always eat my coconut meat straight too. I don't really understand your obsession with making smoothies. Most often they cause stomach bloat too.

I usually put in fresh ginger or Chinese Finger root and have no bloating problems.  Macs are expensive but that's not a problem for me.  I often keep some walnuts and Macs in a small bag.  When I'm getting hungry I'll eat those and I'm usually AOK.  Blended Macs, Cashews and Bananas with Ginger is "The Bomb."

4 minutes ago, sandemara said:

What's the fuss and concern all about? When you consider the high ratio of trans-genders in Pattaya, and consider the extreme lifestyles and personal activities in which they indulge freely and frequently, it should not surprise anyone when they end up pregnant as a result.  However, it's screamingly obvious that, despite the wisdom their advanced ages should have accumulated,  many of these poor misguided men are either blissfully unaware of their condition or how to care for the foetuses they carry.  They may be boofheaded males at heart but they desperately need pre-natal education programs and training to ensure their children avoid suffering, especially as a result of their prime carer's alcohol consumption during pregnancy, as well as other unfortunate aspects of their flamboyant lifestyles.

Thanks for playing.

20 hours ago, petermik said:

When you cannot look down any more and see your feet and "courting tackle" clearly thats when you need to go on a diet,luckily I,m still ok :thumbsup:

depends how "big" u r :shock1:..size 12  hooves here

52 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

My size and weight have nothing to do with it.

do I guess you have a big mouth?

See, it is easy to make snide comments without actually knowing someone, isn't it?

5 hours ago, jcisco said:

It is quite amazing that the easiest and most effective way to reduce weight is changing ones diet.  When the energy absorbed from your consumed food and drink drops below energy used, the weight can come off rather quickly. It really is that simple and far more effective than exercise, of course the right diet and exercise combo can improve results. 

Congratulations on dropping that weight.  Don't forget to buy clothes that fit.

My weight goes up and down like a yo-yo, to the extent that I now have 'bags' for clothes that are 'too big' or 'too small' :sad:.

I'd also add that every-ones' body is different and having gone through roughly a decade when I gained approx. 3 stone for no reason (despite the fact I cycled 7 miles every day to work and back/walked my dog twice a day), many idiots still thought it was because I didn't exercise enough.....

Being diagnosed/given pills for an under-active thyroid didn't help at all although, long story short, being diagnosed as insulin resistant and taking metformin resulted in losing a stone or so v quickly.

A traumatic event resulted in my weight going back to its old levels - but I wouldn't recommend it as a 'cure'.....  Which brings me back to my original point - every-ones' bodies are different.

2 hours ago, tropo said:

Times have obviously changed as it took a second consultant (the second a long time after the first - and both were only provided because I had BUPA...) - and it was the first time I'd heard of insulin-resistant.  It certainly had never occurred to my GP or the first consultant who actually said words along the lines of 'you've learned to live with your tiredness and weight gain - carry on' .....

Hence the long delay before going back to the GP and demanding a different consultant.

Edited by dick dasterdly