90-day report

Guderian

I just did a 90-day. Not the fastest ever, but still PDQ, in and out inside of four minutes.

No drama. I'd been out of the country so I gave the TM47 as well as all the supporting copies. Everything but the TM47 was returned to me, it seems that once you're in the computer system they don't need anything else. Last time the reporting receipt was a white piece of paper, this time it's blue and more flimsy. Hopefully I can do the next 90-day online.

I've never been asked to fill in the bank account/social media form and there was no mention of it this time either. Hopefully that little initiative has died a death.

Well done Jomtien Immigration, very fast and efficient service.

I thought that the "very important information" about our social media use, etc... wouldn't be mentioned, but you don't make the right food without the Chef.

Last time, when I thought I'm out in a minute for my TM 47, a new IO came with the questionnaire.Ain't got no farcebook, nor any other social media. Then the question about foreigners I know. 

One of them knew that I have an American friend and wanted to know the name. When I thought that this wouldn't be their business, one of the old staff jumped in and said: Oh, I know him too, his last name is Americano, right?  S. Americano he is. I don't know anybody else, only Somchais and Nois.

That's all the information I gave them.

But if you think that they don't have more infos about you, you're wrong. They've got all in their system, for example when and how long you stayed at a hotel 12 years ago, if you were on an overstay and how long, even when you forgot the 90 days report a special reminder pops up that you paid 2 K for being so floppy.

The main Immigration in Bangkok has a huge folder about all of us. For those who only make a couple of holidays here, but also the expats no matter how long they have been living here and in particular, where they live.

Once they've got enough cash for Diesel oil, they'll continue their visits to foreigners in the smallest Moo Baans. That's an information from one of the good ones.

Unfortunately, there's no bad IO out and good Immigration officers in.

It seems that some people here are trying to make our stay in the Land of Smiles ( a good joke) a little bit more complicated and a visit to the Immigration in an ambulance must be really breathtaking with an oxygen mask on your face. 

I'm afraid that all is getting worse in 2017,  and we're only a few days away.

We might soon need an Alien passport issued by the Thai government to be allowed to breathe the polluted air in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

Big Brother's watching you. 

Nothing is impossible. Happy New Year. 

Edited by lostinisaan

16 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

I thought that the "very important information" about our social media use, etc... wouldn't be mentioned, but you don't make the right food without the Chef.

Last time, when I thought I'm out in a minute for my TM 47, a new IO came with the questionnaire.Ain't got no farcebook, nor any other social media. Then the question about foreigners I know. 

One of them knew that I have an American friend and wanted to know the name. When I thought that this wouldn't be their business, one of the old staff jumped in and said: Oh, I know him too, his last name is Americano, right?  S. Americano he is. I don't know anybody else, only Somchais and Nois.

That's all the information I gave them.

But if you think that they don't have more infos about you, you're wrong. They've got all in their system, for example when and how long you stayed at a hotel 12 years ago, if you were on an overstay and how long, even when you forgot the 90 days report a special reminder pops up that you paid 2 K for being so floppy.

The main Immigration in Bangkok has a huge folder about all of us. For those who only make a couple of holidays here, but also the expats no matter how long they have been living here and in particular, where they live.

Once they've got enough cash for Diesel oil, they'll continue their visits to foreigners in the smallest Moo Baans. That's an information from one of the good ones.

Unfortunately, there's no bad IO out and good Immigration officers in.

It seems that some people here are trying to make our stay in the Land of Smiles ( a good joke) a little bit more complicated and a visit to the Immigration in an ambulance must be really breathtaking with an oxygen mask on your face. 

I'm afraid that all is getting worse in 2017,  and we're only a few days away.

We might soon need an Alien passport issued by the Thai government to be allowed to breathe the polluted air in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

Big Brother's watching you. 

Nothing is impossible. Happy New Year. 

You are a little ray of sunshine.

2 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Guderian, and next time you won't even need a TM47.

Your passport with departure card and the blue document will be sufficient; at least that's what I've been bringing the last 3 reports. 

Even if you've just returned to the country? And people say things never improve!

I'm surprised that they show no interest in the proof of address any more, my TOT bill was just returned to me along with the passport copies.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

What paperwork is needed for my 90 day report at Jomptian. Thanks

It seems it now depends on if you are in the system.

I'd left the country and returned, so I knew I couldn't do the report online and took the TM47 together with copies of my passport ID page, current visa extension page, TM6 arrival card, and proof of address. I'm in their computer system so it was all returned to me apart from the TM47.