New Washing Machine

MadMac

This posting has multiple issues
1) we need a new washing machine
2) we want to claim tax before end of the year
3) Samsung is not an option as 2 died within 5 years

So, what would any wise recommendation be? I know that DoHome (Ubon Watsadu towards Lamhun) had some good offers for LG and Electrolux. Read bad reviews about both, but no 1st hand experience. Siemens may be of interest, but I don't know where they sell it. Just saw in BKK BigC the Beko brand, that is Turkish, also on offer for less than 20k.

Delivery not required, any enlightenment? Thanks :)

If you want a normal top loader we have have very good luck with Hitachi brand which is locally made.  Our large unit (SF130LJS) is 10 years old now and never required any repair - although it is a bit loud during spin as at very high speed (very dry clothing).  We run on average 2 or more large loads a day.

54770b72b42ed.png

Edited by lopburi3

There is no cold water in most of Thailand so warm would perhaps be more accurate and have never had any knots in my shirts (and they are washed daily).  We are not talking about US type machines with physical agitators.

But if you want front loader they also make them now under the BD model but can not say how good or bad as have not used.

http://www.hitachi-th.com/eng/products/washing-machine/front-loading/bd-90xav.html

Edited by lopburi3

We were also not happy with our frontloader Samsung, died after 7 years.

Now we have an Electrolux Inverter, frontloader, 8kg, B18'990 (instead of B24'xxx) at PowerBuy and it works very well and quiet. So quiet that we thought in the beginning it's not running properly.

The function "easy ironing" is doing a great job. I like the "steam" function for cleaning the towels on which the cats sleep.

We are very satisfied with it. No complaints since we have it, though only 8 months now.

We use a toploader because the space in our condo is very limited.  One came with the condo and since it's a rental, when it died, we couldn't see replacing it with anything fancier than what was already there.

The trick with using a toploader is to do small loads and run with longest cycle, with soak time.  Also, I try to catch it before it goes into the  rinse cycle and untangle everything.  If we had more space and were planning to stay in the condo longer, I'd probably want to invest in one of these fancy front-loaders, but with the appropriate technique, a toploader can be used just fine.

Mission accomplished. Got a LG frontloader, 7kg, the one with the least electronics and simplest functions. Can do a 1200rpm spin and 95C, that's all what is required. Little bit over 12kTHB at DoHome towards Lamphun.

4 hours ago, MadMac said:

Mission accomplished. Got a LG frontloader, 7kg, the one with the least electronics and simplest functions. Can do a 1200rpm spin and 95C, that's all what is required. Little bit over 12kTHB at DoHome towards Lamphun.

sounds like you got the model similar to mine. I got the 8kg one for 13900 at Siam.

I was pretty set on an LG or a  Sharp or Electrolux before i went shopping.

off the list without thinking Samsung; cheap and crappy and too many horror stories.

Siemens and Bosch, top of the tree but expensive. was told by one saleman that the Siemens actually cause them a lot of trouble for repairs etc and was advised their drum technology is dated.

beko...if you bought a beko in England you are likely to be on benefits as they are basically lego with a plug.

the greta thing about the new front load washers are the versatile programmes. you can get a 30 minute quick or a 1hr intensive.

our crappy Samsung toploader at the business takes a minimum of 1 hr 20 and probably costs us a fortune.(having said that, we had it 6 years and operational once or twice a day every day.. a workhorse)

We got it only unloaded today, not connected. But it looks ok out of the box. It's made in China, not Thailand. Interesting they could make it cheaper than locally produced machines, given taxes.

Has someone still an idea where to repair a Samsung 3xkTHB machine with faulty controller/electronics? Samsung does not sell spares and I wont pay a few thousand bahts for inhouse repairs.

Edited by MadMac

I'm not too sure about Samsung controllers/electronics but in the Amorn store near HK road (outside of the moat in NW corner) in the upstairs part the have a lot of spares for washing machines. That included printed circuit boards and the like. Unfortunately I don't read Thai so I can't say what make or model the parts are for.

However that would be my port of call if looking for spares.

There are trash collectors going around all the time looking for such things to sell to repair shops or parts sellers - if you do not have someone in the extended family more than willing to take off your hands.

Edited by lopburi3

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

We need a new washing machine...but what do you do with your old one?

There are no dumps to take them to.

The two guys who delivered and installed our new washing machine from Power Buy were more than happy to take our old machine off our hands.  It was a 12 year old 6 kg toploader LG that needed a new clutch.  Cost estimate for repair from the LG repair guy was something like 2500 - 3000 baht and we simply decided to get a new machine rather than repair a 12 year old one.  

The two delivery guys from Power Buy delivery guys were delighted to get the old machine.  They probably fixed it themselves and sold it to a second-hand appliance shop.

Just now, NancyL said:

The two guys who delivered and installed our new washing machine from Power Buy were more than happy to take our old machine off our hands.  It was a 12 year old 6 kg toploader LG that needed a new clutch.  Cost estimate for repair from the LG repair guy was something like 2500 - 3000 baht and we simply decided to get a new machine rather than repair a 12 year old one.  

The two delivery guys from Power Buy  were delighted to get the old machine.  They probably fixed it themselves and sold it to a second-hand appliance shop.

2 hours ago, stament said:

presumably just a tax break for businesses rather than consumers? any details on it anywhere?

For consumer, in form of an income tax deduction.

Was mentioned here: 

9 hours ago, MadMac said:

For consumer, in form of an income tax deduction.

Was mentioned here: 

ok thanks, looked at the link but couldnt see exact criteria or how the rebate works. Are you able to expand on this please?

I also recommend LG frontloader , had it for some years now , the hot water programs are just great .  You can get them on sale down to 10000 baht for 6.5 kilo . 

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

I don't know any Men who know anything about Washing Machines except service engineers Thought if clicked on Bats for the Otherside Section for a sec

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Men need frontloaders as toploaders make knots in shirts. Unless you are a T-less undershirt farang :). I'm happy with the LG, it's so painless stupid, just works.