Where's Christmas? All I Feel Is 35 Degrees...

kudroz

Feeling Homesick? Tomorrow, wake-up an hour earlier than usual and pretend to scrape ice off your car windscreen with an old credit card while cursing your boss who'll not give you any time off work over christmas this year!

Edited by enyaw

Plenty of Christmas hotel dinner menu's around town from cheap to rather complete... more than a few churches as well if that's your thing. The only difficult thing to find is a real Christmas tree.... but I find if you decorate a plastic one well enough, it's just as nice a feel.

It's what you make of it. That reminds me, at least 800 million Baht of plastic Christmas trees you find in Walmart stateside each year are from a friend's factory in Nonthaburi. That doesn't stop people from getting into the Christmas spirit over there.

:o

edit: recommend dinner at the Central Sofitel Ladprao. delicious.

Edited by Heng

Christmas was always a time a year I enjoyed. Looking at people with their colorful scarves walking down the street looking at all the Christmas decorations in the stores windows. The enchanting Christmas music they played on the walking street downtown or on the radio on the way back home after shopping.

In a desperate attempt to feel Christmas, I downloaded a CD over the Internet yesterday - but all I feel is 35 degrees. I'm sad.

Don't understand the problem. :o

Christmas dinner is the full thing, turkey, ham, seafood selection with the wine and beer cold, held inside because it is too bl00by hot outside. After we go to the beach to laugh at the europeans doing lobster inpression. :D

This is Xmas in Oz. Never had a "white Xmas".

In many parts of the "christian" world they are not having christmas celebrations for fear of offending some minority or another.

This is also our first christmas in LOS and away from the UK, I must admit the association with Christmas is with freezing your nads off, not wanting to get out of bed bacause the room is so cold, scraping ice off your windscreen, driving at 20 MPH to work because of black ice... Traffic Jams due to Christmas Shoppers etc

I am writing this wearing a t-shirt, shorts, no shoes and socks, looking out of the window at beautiful palm trees against a clear(ish) blue sky.

Hmmmm its a tough one...... :o:D

Or you could all come up to Isaan and spend the day on our university campus where we will have,

at 31 degrees celcius, students dressed up in ear muffs, wool stocking hats, and neck scarfs, caroling "Jinger berrs" (Isaan accent) around a plastic Christmas tree, and cardboard fireplace. Last year I had my picture taken next to an authentic-looking 150cm snowman (styrofoam) with carrot nose, top hat, button eyes, and neckscarf. Me: traditional Isaan silk shortsleeved shirt, sandals and shorts. We got the spirit up here! :o

I'll be spending a slow 2 days with my parents watching rubbish on tv in a dull, overcast country (uk). Perhaps 2 ft of snow might brighten things up a little make it more christmassy but I'd love to be 'experiencing' christmas in thailand.... especially the very politically incorrect santa outfits the girls will be wearing

Turkey for dinner.... Turkey sandwiches for tea and supper. Turkey salad. Turkey curry. And more Turkey - just to use it all up.

Nah, Christmas is for the children. I won't miss it too much. Certainly won't miss this cold, damp weather in the U.K.

Turkey for dinner.... Turkey sandwiches for tea and supper. Turkey salad. Turkey curry. And more Turkey - just to use it all up.

Nah, Christmas is for the children. I won't miss it too much. Certainly won't miss this cold, damp weather in the U.K.

Reminds me of an old Two Ronnies sketch.

Scene is an off licence (liquor store for our US friends). Ronnie Barker comes in "I'll have 4 bottles of Scotch, 2 of Brandy, 2 of Gin, 1 Vodka, 1 of Port, 3 cases of light ale and 2 of brown.

Ronnie Corbett says "That'll be 56 pounds 78 pence, Expensive old time Christmas." (I did say it was old)

Ronnie B, "Yeah mate, if it wasn't for the kids we wouldn't bovver." :o

I dont know what your all talking about, i heard santa wasn't even real. I found this in centrum pallam sam. He was a puppet going up and down a wire for two weeks prior to christmas.

quit trying so hard to sound down with the lingo.