Three family members dead after car hits bridge on way to hospital

webfact

5 hours ago, captspectre said:

these current auto's made in thailand appear to be made of plastic! (including mine) any kind of accident will turn them into pretzels!

Looking at the photo the passenger compartment seems intact.   Probably wearing their seatbelts would have saved them.....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, dundas said:

I can't help but wonder if a lack of proper safety equipment might have been a factor. I've noticed when I've driven rental cars in Thailand that low end mainstream cars (e.g., Honda Jazz) have no airbags. I don't want to be in a crash of any kind, but I feel a lot more vulnerable in a car without airbags. 

The Honda Jazz has 3 types of airbags now :

Front airbags: Airbags in front of the driver's and front passenger's seats.

Side airbags*: Airbags in the driver's and front passenger's seat-backs.

Side curtain airbags*: Airbags above the side windows. ...very safe car IMO

5 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

No, it's called Reality.....

Totally Agree... It is reality and some just believe its a taboo topic to comment on

There is a difference between an accident and being reckless, which in this case resulted "needless" deaths

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

It's called callous. 

It's called lack of empathy. 

It's called unnecessay. 

It's called so many things. 

Slight feeling that empathy is wasted on those who don't have enough empathy for themselves to put their seatbelts on.

I would say the bridge was the deciding factor, that design didn't lend well to a car crash. there should have been a guardrail flowing from that corner down along the roadside, thus keeping a vehicle from hitting that very small edge/corner, which increases the impact to the car. If there were a guardrail in place, it would have been a glancing hit, rather than an impact against a non-movable object.

47 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If the kid was being taken to hospital in an emergency ( I don't know if that was the case), a bit of compassion is called for.

It was a fever ,that's the body way of fighting a virus and the child didn't get to hospital in a safe and speedy manner ,now the child has lost a mum and 2 grand parents for what ? To save a minute or 2 ?

7 hours ago, bkk75 said:

Another daily TVF jab at Thailand.  Modern cars are made from mostly aluminium with reinforced steel  frame (at least on higher end cars) worldwide to shave off weight and costs.

RIP family and the poor surviving little kid.

An big damage and repair company in Phuket, told and show me that there are big differents in cars made in and for Thailand, among other things this true for Toyota and Honda.

The front and backside are much weaker then the cars you can buy in Europe and the USA

7 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Because he has a temperature he survived 

Wrong He did not survive because the temperature helped him Wrong grammar 

The grammer "But the boy they were taking to Pattalung hospital because he had a fever survived" is perfectly correct and your 'correction' is wrong.

Your 'correction' would be correct if the post read "But the boy they were taking to Pattalung hospital survived because he had a fever".

They were taking the boy to the hospital because he had a fever. And he survived.

Edited by thongplay
Typo

9 hours ago, captspectre said:

these current auto's made in thailand appear to be made of plastic! (including mine) any kind of accident will turn them into pretzels!

The car hit a 894, 920 tonne FIXED  BRIDGE ???????  Of course it's going to crumble. 

Do the math with a pencil, paper and and eraser.

5 hours ago, draks said:

We don't know what caused the accident, to sit here and call the driver stupid isstuoid in itself, you have no idea at all why the vehicle left the road maybe a blow out maybe forced off the road by another car, so many things including driver error.werethey wearing g seat belts? Would the belts have saved them?

As for cars being flimsy they are built in such a way that on impact the car crumples up absorbing the force of the impact. It looks to me recruit the corner of the bridge structure. Terrible terrible loss. Don't be so quick to condemn, untill you have all the facts.

Whatever caused the accident, if he had been driving slower, he could of told you the Facts,...

so go figure that one out.....

How about we all take a deep breath and relax? Outrage, angst and whatever emotions are being tossed up, won't help this orphan. I believe everyone is saddened by this event, and as much as people want to  blame someone, it should be understood that parents can and do panic when their kids are ill. Some parents are veritable basket cases. One doesn't know how bad this kid's fever was or whether he was experiencing hallucinations or in stupor. It's nice for some people to point the finger at the driver, but this is a country without a professional EMS that can respond and transport a patient safely. This crash is the cost of not having an EMS.

12 hours ago, captspectre said:

Mine, a nissan sunny, is 27 years old and has a carburetter.

Made in Thailand and still ok.

Off topic I guess but had to answer because of the typical Thailand bashing.

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

How about we all take a deep breath and relax? Outrage, angst and whatever emotions are being tossed up, won't help this orphan. I believe everyone is saddened by this event, and as much as people want to  blame someone, it should be understood that parents can and do panic when their kids are ill. Some parents are veritable basket cases. One doesn't know how bad this kid's fever was or whether he was experiencing hallucinations or in stupor. It's nice for some people to point the finger at the driver, but this is a country without a professional EMS that can respond and transport a patient safely. This crash is the cost of not having an EMS.

So it was the daughters kid that survived. RIP.

Look this is getting ridiculous why are people turning a tragic event into some sort of slagging each other fest. Bluespunk I agree with your first comments and have read quite a few of your comments on other threads and you seem like a decent human being but I know it is difficult you must try not to respond to baiting posts you probably have a better life than some of the saddo's with no empathy or compassion. OId Lakey I haven't read many of your post but stop baiting each other. 

Sometimes it takes the better person to leave it after all we are all behind the keyboards on here and people can say what they want about me on here but they may think twice about doing it face to face.

So the facts of the matter are 3 people died nobody knows the facts it could have been any number of things so please try and have some respect.

One more thing to add to the grammar police leave it out you understood it and that is the main thing.

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Wow, that is just a disgusting post. 

No shit, I can't believe the crap people are posting on this site. This was an accident and clearly three people died. Regardless of the cause, blaming a vehicle built in another country is just too stupid. People need to pull their heads out of their asses and try and respect that this country and many other countries have difficulties evolving! Nothing is perfect anywhere and I think its sad that a couple of teachers! have lost their lives including another member of the family and that a child has lost his or her family. Wake up and try and be a little nice

13 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

If you are going to accuse anybody of something like a lack of empathy on such a sad event as this thread is concerned with, you need more than a good idea to support the accusation

That was my only point

The reply I received to my post was a baiting post, nothing else, thus a short exchange ensued

This is of no consequence to myself, its now history

My last post was asking people to stop baiting each other after all 3 people died and none of us know the cause of the accident for certain, so lets all be grown adults and stop this baiting each other rubbish, we are all surely able to do that.

21 minutes ago, Harold the Great said:

No shit, I can't believe the crap people are posting on this site. This was an accident and clearly three people died. Regardless of the cause, blaming a vehicle built in another country is just too stupid. People need to pull their heads out of their asses and try and respect that this country and many other countries have difficulties evolving! Nothing is perfect anywhere and I think its sad that a couple of teachers! have lost their lives including another member of the family and that a child has lost his or her family. Wake up and try and be a little nice

Some nice sentiments Harold, but its the road users who need to wake up, and start to take responsibility for their actions

A little help from the politicians, and a lot of enforcement would not go amiss either

The truth of the matter is that many road users need protecting from themselves, I am convinced I have said this before to no avail

Unfortunately its my opinion, that this situation is bound to continue for some time to come

5 minutes ago, zd1 said:

My last post was asking people to stop baiting each other after all 3 people died and none of us know the cause of the accident for certain, so lets all be grown adults and stop this baiting each other rubbish, we are all surely able to do that.

I dont know what caused the accident, but I DO know what contributed to the multiple deaths, but then I have only looked at the wrecked vehicle once, so I could be wrong 

The state of the vehicle will influence some posters reactions on here, thats understandable in my view

Thats because there appears to be nothing but words used to try and reduce this daily slaughter

To compound matters the drivers dont appear to value their own, their families, or anybody else's lives

The baiting as you put it stems from differing opinions, totally different but thats life 

My own opinion is, if you wont see sense and help yourself then get on with it, its called taking responsibility for your actions

I learnt to think for myself, and stand on my own two feet a long time ago, its good for the soul

I recommend it to all road users anywhere in the world