palm trees

catman20

We had four tall coconut palms in the yard taken down.  I was mainly worried about me, or the grandkids, being whopped on the noggin and by the coconuts, did have some near misses.  

Quite a job, started with one of the workers scaling the palm then going over the green fronds to the top and cutting them out.  Scary looking from the ground side view. Then a rope tied on to help guide the fall when the cut was made at the base.

Mac

P1050637.jpg

P1050645.jpg

P1050648.jpg

P1050647.jpg

47 minutes ago, Thanyaburi Mac said:

We had four tall coconut palms in the yard taken down.  I was mainly worried about me, or the grandkids, being whopped on the noggin and by the coconuts, did have some near misses.  

Quite a job, started with one of the workers scaling the palm then going over the green fronds to the top and cutting them out.  Scary looking from the ground side view. Then a rope tied on to help guide the fall when the cut was made at the base.

Mac

P1050637.jpg

P1050645.jpg

P1050648.jpg

P1050647.jpg

these thai workers have some big coconut balls of their own, or they don't understand the danger of working with a chainsaw out on a limb. amazing thailand. In australia worksafe would comdem you for this act

18 minutes ago, davetrout said:

these thai workers have some big coconut balls of their own, or they don't understand the danger of working with a chainsaw out on a limb. amazing thailand. In australia worksafe would comdem you for this act

In Australia work-safe will condemn you for farting.

1 hour ago, Thanyaburi Mac said:

P1050647.jpg

In the YouTube version of this story, the next thing that happens isn't good for the guy tugging on the rope, or that roof he's under, or the guy who's perched precariously over that spiked fence.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

In the YouTube version of this story, the next thing that happens isn't good for the guy tugging on the rope, or that roof he's under, or the guy who's perched precariously over that spiked fence.

it's all bad but hilarious