tourist visa -vietnam hmc

I am going to vietnam  (ho chi min city) on wednesday...

to apply for a single entry tourist visa.

It states on their website to supply evidence of 20,000baht. 

Can this be a uk bank statement or would i need to take it in cash??

(I do not have a thai bank account).

Thanks in advance for your help.

12 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

HCMC will accept bus / train ticket as proof of departure for tourist visa

This is the first I have heard of a bus/train ticket being acceptable.  Good to know, if verified.  The only international tickets of this sort, of which I am aware, are the bus from BKK to Siem Reap, and the international train-ticket heading south to Malaysia and Singapore.  I have to wonder if tickets to border-towns (ex: train ticket BKK to Aranyaprathet) are acceptable.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

This is the first I have heard of a bus/train ticket being acceptable.  Good to know, if verified.  The only international tickets of this sort, of which I am aware, are the bus from BKK to Siem Reap, and the international train-ticket heading south to Malaysia and Singapore.  I have to wonder if tickets to border-towns (ex: train ticket BKK to Aranyaprathet) are acceptable.

There are several international bus routes but the problem might be buying the ticket in advance. See: http://home.transport.co.th/index.php/th/2014-12-16-07-24-56/ตารางเวลาเดินรถ/item/443-ตารางเดินรถโดยสารระหว่างประเทศ-international-route.html# 

There is also a train from Nong Kai to Vientiane.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Upnotover said:

200,000 is for an multi entry, for a single entry its 20,000.  Cash ought to be fine.

You are correct about the 20,000 baht. However, cash is not OK. They want photocopies of bank statements for their records (if they ask for financial proof at all, which in my case they did not). I am pretty sure the bank statements can be from any country. When I was there, the implication was that either financial proof, or outward flight were acceptable, with the latter being preferred. They certainly may ask for both in some cases.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JackThompson said:

They have told me this in person (been there 3 times in the last 4 months) and it's stated on their website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

You are correct about the 20,000 baht. However, cash is not OK. They want photocopies of bank statements for their records (if they ask for financial proof at all, which in my case they did not). I am pretty sure the bank statements can be from any country. When I was there, the implication was that either financial proof, or outward flight were acceptable, with the latter being preferred. They certainly may ask for both in some cases.

They have been insisting on proof of outward journeys and not been bothered about proof of funds, when I try to show proof of funds for a Non-O they are not interested.

But having a bank statement handy is advisable just in case.

On 12/31/2016 at 10:22 AM, ubonjoe said:

There are several international bus routes but the problem might be buying the ticket in advance. See: http://home.transport.co.th/index.php/th/2014-12-16-07-24-56/ตารางเวลาเดินรถ/item/443-ตารางเดินรถโดยสารระหว่างประเทศ-international-route.html# 

There is also a train from Nong Kai to Vientiane.

Thanks for the info on international buses.  I am surprised to see the BKK -> Phnom Penh route listed, as I recall it being cancelled awhile back.  It would provide a higher-quality ride than any bus available in Cambodia (of which I am aware).  The bad news is, it likely passes through the notorious Poipet crossing (as the Siem Reap bus does), so that might nix it, for many of us.

The train-ticket from Nong Khai to Vientiane would be ideal for this purpose, and one can purchase tickets at any train-station in Thailand.  Advance booking is only available up to 60-days in advance, however.  Agents will accept orders beyond the 60-days, but you would have a receipt from an agency, rather than an actual ticket in-hand.