More Divorce advice.

dasboot

A few factors to take into consideration here.

How long is your wife`s prison sentence? If it`s only for a few months then I doubt that would count for being desertion. If she`s serving several years or up to life, then I guess that`s good grounds for a divorce on your part.

As regarding good behaviour, going to prison doesn`t mean she has perpetrated anything against you and depends for what type of crime she`s serving time for?  We don`t know the circumstances involved, is your wife a serious badden or has she been locked up on a shoplifting charge or for non payments of debt?

If you genuinely want a divorce from this woman and there are assets or children involved with your marriage, then it is best you check this out with a lawyer who will more likely be able to give you better advice then we can.

9 hours ago, dasboot said:

My wife has been placed into prison,for divorce precedings,does this count as, One spouse has broken the bonds of good behavior

Firstly what did your lawyer say ??

Prison for what ??

Was it to do with you ??

If children are involved it could be some browney points for you.

You need three reasons for the Court to be able to devorce.

This one of the three.

The other two the lawyer probably can advise you.

But why devorce her?

Safer for you if she devorces from you.

Just tkan an othercwoman call her yiu wife and she has reason one.

The other two is you neglected her while she was in prison

The last one is then easy to come up with in the list of reasons probably you and her did not life together for 1 or 3 years

Edited by Autonuaq

2 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

You need three reasons for the Court to be able to devorce.

This one of the three.

The other two the lawyer probably can advise you.

But why devorce her?

Safer for you if she devorces from you.

Just tkan an othercwoman call her yiu wife and she has reason one.

The other two is you neglected her while she was in prison

The last one is then easy to come up with in the list of reasons probably you and her did not life together for 1 or 3 years

poopie advice.   deevorce her and run far far away.

Ok more meat on the bones,I do apologize the first post was short but things only got part confirmed yesterday so just a quick history. We met in 2008,married in 2010 and from there we built a home,2013 my daughter was born and everything in the garden was rosy. June 2014 she went out and didn't come back,she had been caught with 16 yabba tablets on her,her sentence was 2 years 4 months of which she did all but a month,I stayed on my own and raised my daughter.

Sept this year with both mother and father sick and came back to the UK to help and talk care,they were both 90 ish,mum passed away one hour before my plane touched down at Heathrow,tough times.

Father who is 91 has Lewy Body Dementia and is now incapable of being on his own,so rather than see him go to a home I decided to stay o for a short while,it would have been mums birthday on the 4th Jan so I wanted to get passed this date.

My daughter went into hospital and was there for a week,luckily nothing serious,but in this time my wife and I were in constant contact,four days ago silence,then news started coming through from my friends that she is back in prison and I talked to here when she was with friends on the day she was caught. I am going back for my daughter the 26 th this month,by then I will know here sentence,this won't be light as she only came out 5 months ago,they will take a dim view.

Once I know more I can work out any course of action I have,I will get a passport for my daughter and if I can I would like to bring her here for a short while,my father doesn't have long so I would like to continue his care and then move back to Thailand in the near future.

Yes I should have ran away when she first did wrong,but I had such a great time raising my daughter,I got her into her first school,I helped with her homework,fed her clothed her,proper father daughter time,then when my wife came out prison and I saw how her daughter reacted to having her mum home I forgave and started living as a family again. How wrong I was.

You can apply to the Court for a divorce on the grounds of misconduct, because your wife's criminal actions have caused you serious shame.

Should be easy to get as it involves drugs.

Make sure you ask the Court to give you sole custody over your daughter. That way you can apply for a Thai passport without her mother's consent.

22 hours ago, dasboot said:

Ok more meat on the bones,I do apologize the first post was short but things only got part confirmed yesterday so just a quick history. We met in 2008,married in 2010 and from there we built a home,2013 my daughter was born and everything in the garden was rosy. June 2014 she went out and didn't come back,she had been caught with 16 yabba tablets on her,her sentence was 2 years 4 months of which she did all but a month,I stayed on my own and raised my daughter.

Sept this year with both mother and father sick and came back to the UK to help and talk care,they were both 90 ish,mum passed away one hour before my plane touched down at Heathrow,tough times.

Father who is 91 has Lewy Body Dementia and is now incapable of being on his own,so rather than see him go to a home I decided to stay o for a short while,it would have been mums birthday on the 4th Jan so I wanted to get passed this date.

My daughter went into hospital and was there for a week,luckily nothing serious,but in this time my wife and I were in constant contact,four days ago silence,then news started coming through from my friends that she is back in prison and I talked to here when she was with friends on the day she was caught. I am going back for my daughter the 26 th this month,by then I will know here sentence,this won't be light as she only came out 5 months ago,they will take a dim view.

Once I know more I can work out any course of action I have,I will get a passport for my daughter and if I can I would like to bring her here for a short while,my father doesn't have long so I would like to continue his care and then move back to Thailand in the near future.

Yes I should have ran away when she first did wrong,but I had such a great time raising my daughter,I got her into her first school,I helped with her homework,fed her clothed her,proper father daughter time,then when my wife came out prison and I saw how her daughter reacted to having her mum home I forgave and started living as a family again. How wrong I was.

Sorry to say this but it seems you and and your wife are a dysfunctional family. Was your wife dealing or taking drugs or both? And whatever I find it difficult to believe your wife just disappeared and you had no idea she was into drugs unless you and your wife were living separate lives or apart for long periods of time. Seems your poor child is in limbo, and probably does not know what is going on around her. Does your child have duel British and Thai nationality and If you do bring your child to the UK, what do you have to offer her there? And if you return to Thailand what exactly will you be doing here so you can support the child for the long term? Lets face it, the child`s future with you and your wife doesn`t look very bright.

As for working out a course of action, you all ready know your wife is a deadbeat, so there is nothing more you need to know and no longer any reasons to wait, you should be placing this in the hands of lawyers and making arrangements for your child right now without messing about and without delaying for a moment longer.

On 12/31/2016 at 1:26 PM, brucegoniners said:

Why doesn't anyone here take legal matters to an attorney?

Only an attorney can advise you on this.

What and miss out on all these priceless pearls of wisdom from some of the most knowledgeable minds in the universe?

If you haven't guessed it yet, people with more than 3 cognitive brain cells ask questions on here to determine what not to do, i.e. ask the lunatics what they would do

the poster is probably asking this question on this forum, to see if anyone on here has gone though this before, and as to lawyers, total rip off merchants so its best to go armed before any lawers are involved, in the uk  17 years ago, it was 5000 baht (£100) to send a letter that you could have written for the cost of a first class stamp, so dont belittle the poster. OK

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2017 at 9:21 PM, grumbleweed said:

What and miss out on all these priceless pearls of wisdom from some of the most knowledgeable minds in the universe?

If you haven't guessed it yet, people with more than 3 cognitive brain cells ask questions on here to determine what not to do, i.e. ask the lunatics what they would do

I'm paying for a lawyer now, but the smartest thing I did before I hired him was to read up on the subject at matter here and other places.  After that, I discarded the two first lawyers I consulted as being of questionable competency.

Fortunately, amongst much noise here, much of which is generated by the "why ask here?  Pay a lawyer/doctor/engineer/etc. right away instead"-group, who are probably collectively sharing the three brain cells you talk about, there are also people with enough knowledge and experience to help one choose a competent lawyer/doctor/engineer/etc.  Much better than blindly trusting the answer from the first lawyer or wanna-be lawyer you meet.

Edited by Awk

• 3 weeks later...

dasboot, contact HappyLarry in private message, he can help with reliable help, perhaps a reliable interpreter so that you know what your lawyer is saying in court real-time (eeh, reliable lawyer sounds funny but that's what the problem often is)

The mother is in jail *again*, but you are fighting against that the court still doesn't want to give you sole custody because then you can deny her access, take the child abroad and never come back. They are not going to give you sole custody lightly if the mother does not accept. You having to leave the country is your problem, there are still relatives on her side here that can take care of the child while you are away so what's the problem? => that is their thinking. Perhaps it is more wise to use your parental power and simply setup a professional nanny somewhere in Thailand and not tell anyone where that is when you are away. That is your right, well, if mummy is in jail and can't take care of the kid

You must be uncompromising for the childs best in court but offer what the judges need (guarantees that mother can get access to her child)

Michael