Siam Commercial Account Application Refusal

Went today to open an account with Siam Commercial in Naklua armed with copy of passport and non b visa stamp etc and was refused - no problem, just went up the road and opened one with Bank of Ayudhya, BTW instant ATM card and pin number - how cool is that?

Its a pain though as my employer banks with SCB, so when I get paid I have to receive cheque from employer, cash at SCB and pay into my bank, the reason i was given for refusal was that I need a WP but I have only just arrived 1 week ago so application has only just gone in.

Does anyone have any theories as to why this has happened? I have read previously on TV that SCB are normally easy to deal with, have they been burnt maybe for them to get strict all of a sudden?

Its a pain though as my employer banks with SCB, so when I get paid I have to receive cheque from employer, cash at SCB and pay into my bank

You can just deposit it in your bank, it may take a few days to clear.

Every branch has different rules :o

I was asked WP in branch near walking street .

WP i do not have so i walked to branch near tops and there were no probs to open accuont with just VOA-passport :D

They asked thai-address (hotel o.k) and emailaddres and i received also mastercard and onlinebanking passwords :D