Out-of-order cameras stymie court theft probe

webfact

Out-of-order cameras stymie court theft probe

e9b088ae7f51bf8e2ec69f540af51f2b.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- AN INVESTIGATION into a theft inside the Criminal Court office on Ratchadapisek Road during the New Year holiday has found that every security camera in the area was out of order.

Pol Colonel Narat Mulasartsathorn of Paholyothin Police Station said he had ordered forensic officials to collect evidence.

The initial probe showed that the desk of a court official had been ransacked and a golden bracelet worth Bt19,650 |and Bt4,000 in cash were missing.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30303302

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-03

He said police were investigating the possibility that the thief was an insider because a key card was required to enter the room and only one desk was ransacked. 

Glad we have these Sherlocks on the case! 

How many "outsiders" have keycards, the knowledge of which one specific desk had gold and cash, and, presumably, the access to turn off the CCTV system?

Son of general got beaten up, cameras no where to be found, in repair shop.

Boy beaten up in school. Cameras not working.

Theft in government court, cameras not working.

My car speeding 100km on the expressway. Speed cameras capture me in full glory and promptly send the traffic violation charge and fine to my house with pictures too.

Well Done!

"...every security camera in the area was out of order..."

Nothing unusual about this, really !!!

Pretty much like everything else in Thailand, it's only a façade. Scratch away at the surface, and the whole rotten core becomes exposed for what it is (like one big house of cards precariously balanced, and ready to topple).

rotten_pattaya.jpg

" Pol Colonel Narat Mulasartsathorn of Paholyothin Police Station said he had ordered forensic officials to collect evidence. "

And the next sentence might be:

"Pol Colonel Narat Mulasartsathorn of Paholyothin Police Station also said he had ordered a full investigation into the reasons the cameras were all inoperative at the time, and staff responsible for scheduled checking of the cameras' operation would be dealt with appropriately."   Or something to that effect.

But surely he did order that.

Didn't he?

3 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

Son of general got beaten up, cameras no where to be found, in repair shop.

Boy beaten up in school. Cameras not working.

Theft in government court, cameras not working.

My car speeding 100km on the expressway. Speed cameras capture me in full glory and promptly send the traffic violation charge and fine to my house with pictures too.

Well Done!

Did you frame them?

Edited by Bluespunk

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The initial probe showed that the desk of a court official had been ransacked and a golden bracelet worth Bt19,650 |and Bt4,000 in cash were missing.

This article speaks volumes. Maybe the person owning the bracelet and money should have an undue wealth check . Leaving baubles like this lying around deserves it. None of the cameras working at the criminal courts why that is criminal in itself. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

every security camera in the area was out of order.

No doubt the same guy installed the cameras in the DSI jails. Haul him out and execute him, credit to NCC1701A who authored my new favorite solution to everything.

What proof  is there that the cash and jewellery really existed? Would the total  insurance value cover drinks and food for a New Years' nosh-up or a small but pressing debt?   Would a court official be expected to discuss the level of common sense required to leave a little treasure trove in a desk over a long public holiday period in his/he next promotion application?

On 1/3/2017 at 2:18 PM, ramrod711 said:

No doubt the same guy installed the cameras in the DSI jails. Haul him out and execute him, credit to NCC1701A who authored my new favorite solution to everything.

Do they still behead people here? or question them to death the example being the guy that mysteriously died in his cell. Still an open archived case I believe. Guess the BIB is to busy protecting the living. 

Edited by elgordo38