Add teetering lampposts to the dangers of living in Pattaya!

webfact

Add teetering lampposts to the dangers of living in Pattaya!

3a.JPEG

Picture: Manager Online

Herewith further evidence of the dangers of living in Pattaya!

PATTAYA: -- But fortunately there is a foreign tourist on hand to do the pointing just in case we were in any doubt about the mortal peril residents at the resort find themselves in, reports Manager Online.

Guilty as charged this time is a lamppost that is snapped off at its base. The post could topple over at any moment and seems to be held in place by just a few flimsy wires.

The concrete pot is slap bang outside a well known hotel on Soi Bua Khao in downtown Pattaya right next to the hotel's security booth.

Manager online reporters called in by a concerned member of the public were told that the post had been like this for years after it was hit by a tour bus.

Some officials came and took some pictures but nothing has been done to repair it.

Be careful if you are out for a walk in the area.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-05

"... seems to be held in place by just a few flimsy wires." More than "just a few" even by Thai standards! Perhaps there is a method to Thai wiring madness. Recall a few years back Jomtien Beach road bus stop sign ("flag" vs T style) near Soi 6 fell over and broke Swede's back. I did close look at anchoring: some threaded rod about 1/2" into cement. Hey, if still standing after installation, crew is good to go.

4 hours ago, Banana7 said:

The street looks like the street behind the The Avenue shopping mall, soi 15  off 2nd road, not Soi Bua Khao.

So you can rest assured walking on Soi Bua Khao.

Just beware of the infamous pole at corner of Soi 21?

Tower of Pisa looks straight in comparison.

And if you look at Google Street View from Aug 2016 you will notice that the damage/erosion had already been done.

Some things take a little longer in Thailand.

The sloppy DIY red/white stripes didn't help:cheesy:

https://goo.gl/maps/R6VTavvPM7R2

pole.jpg

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

So you can rest assured walking on Soi Bua Khao.

Just beware of the infamous pole at corner of Soi 21?

Tower of Pisa looks straight in comparison.

And if you look at Google Street View from Aug 2016 you will notice that the damage/erosion had already been done.

Some things take a little longer in Thailand.

The sloppy DIY red/white stripes didn't help:cheesy:

the problem on the buakaow one  was partially solved dec 29th  by pulling it back slightly and adding a securing wire stay.

way off a perfect fix ............

dec 29 015 (Custom).JPGdec 29 016 (Custom).JPGdec 29 027 (Custom).JPG

2 hours ago, striderman said:

the problem on the buakaow one  was partially solved dec 29th  by pulling it back slightly and adding a securing wire stay.

way off a perfect fix ............

On my sightseeing list for next visit :smile:

Not just Pattaya.

There is a wooden telephone pole at the edge of the driveway of my house in Pennsylvania, USA, that is leaning just like that concrete pole.  It wasn't hit by a bus.  I believe it is rotting at the bottom end.  

The pole belongs to the telephone company.  A maintenance guy came to look at the pole after I called the company.  He told me it could be replaced.  That was back about 6 months ago.  

A few houses down from mine, a pole in someone else's back yard rotted completely and broke off at ground level.   It hung there for months before the telephone company replaced it.