Rayong cop on big bike killed on way home to see mum and dad

webfact

Rayong cop on big bike killed on way home to see mum and dad

4.jpg

Picture: Daily News

KORAT: -- A Rayong policeman was killed in Korat riding a 650 Honda CBR on his way home to Chaiyaphum to see his parents.

The cop collided with a smaller bike that was doing a U-turn. He was propelled right into the U-turn sign itself and was pronounced dead at the scene, reports Daily News.

Three people were also injured on another smaller bike. They were a 37 year old man, a 22 year old woman and a one year old child. They were all taken to hospital.

The accident occurred yesterday on the Si Khiw to Chaiyaphum Road in the Dan Khun Thot district of Korat.

The dead man was Rayong investigating officer Kiatphoom Suanjarun. Police said that he had hit the other motorcycle as they moved to the right of the road to make a U-turn.

His bike was found some distance from the corpse minus its front wheel.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-05

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

Three people were also injured on another smaller bike. They were a 37 year old man, a 22 year old woman and a one year old child. They were all taken to hospital.

Totally irresponsible,

What value is a child's life over here ?  To some, it's not much.

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Big bike, small brakes?

You have used that before. Wasn't funny the first time.

There is a Thai driving manoeuvre, favoured by older male drivers with passengers on old clapped-out 100 - 125 cc scooters and samlors. This manoeuvre is carried out on multi-lane highways especially. It involves crossing the carriageway diagonally but in a straight line. At no point does the rider look behind or use indicators. They don't have mirrors. They rely on the straight line method to allow other drivers, who are correctly following the lane markings, to anticipate their path.

Unfortunately this method results in a crash when the speed differential is greater than required to get out of their dam way.

Just now, Briggsy said:

There is a Thai driving manoeuvre, favoured by older male drivers with passengers on old clapped-out 100 - 125 cc scooters and samlors. This manoeuvre is carried out on multi-lane highways especially. It involves crossing the carriageway diagonally but in a straight line. At no point does the rider look behind or use indicators. They don't have mirrors. They rely on the straight line method to allow other drivers, who are correctly following the lane markings, to anticipate their path.

Unfortunately this method results in a crash when the speed differential is greater than required to get out of their dam way.

When a vehicle is heading right, you swerve to the left, and not overtake on the right. Slowdown to anticipate a possible drunk driver...that's the function of those small brakes!

We call this Defensive Driving...

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Totally irresponsible,

What value is a child's life over here ?  To some, it's not much.

Perhaps their only form of transportation, like many others in Thailand.

The ABS brakes on modern 650cc bikes are just fine, I bet he was speeding which can quickly turn deadly if you do it the wrong places, such as near U-turns and side sois crossings.

I been riding big bikes here for many years and very carefully pick my places to ride fast and are shocked to see how some of the locals ride big bikes, seen some around Pattaya going app 200km/h which is absolutely crazy man.  

Yes as Shot just said, only way for many locals to transports their kids around, they can't afford a car/truck.

13 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

The ABS brakes on modern 650cc bikes are just fine, I bet he was speeding which can quickly turn deadly if you do it the wrong places, such as near U-turns and side sois crossings.

I been riding big bikes here for many years and very carefully pick my places to ride fast and are shocked to see how some of the locals ride big bikes, seen some around Pattaya going app 200km/h which is absolutely crazy man.  

Yes as Shot just said, only way for many locals to transports their kids around, they can't afford a car/truck.

The big bike lost a front wheel...which implies impact at high speed. He probably engaged in Offensive Driving, trying to overtake on the right by accelerating.

1 hour ago, Shot said:

Perhaps their only form of transportation, like many others in Thailand.

Would you carry your one year old child on a motorbike?

I would rather walk, take a songtaew or hitch a lift than risk the life of my child.

Shot's proposition doesn't stand up to examination. There are options for poor people to get around.
But if they must drive motorcycles, then unfortunately ignorance is the major problem, meaning poor driving skills, no safety equipment, overloading etc.
It may be that the cop was at fault, but I'd bet that the motorcycle with 3 people on it was the major reason for the carnage.

1 hour ago, trogers said:

The big bike lost a front wheel...which implies impact at high speed. He probably engaged in Offensive Driving, trying to overtake on the right by accelerating.

The other option is, he was speeding

2 minutes ago, licka said:

The other option is, he was speeding

Sure, there has to be such a post. Blame the dead guy without knowing more. Anyway, he can't tell you the truth anymore. HE WAS SPEEDING. 

RIP biker, another useless death. 

. Police said that he had hit the other motorcycle as they moved to the right of the road to make a U-turn.

I do notice this when driving my car. people not looking as they enter the roadway or as what looks apparent to this story, lack of responsibility when lane changing. Seems nobody turns head and looks or even use thier mirrors.

9 minutes ago, 01322521959 said:

Obviously the big bike was traveling at too higher speed, smaller bike illegal. It all came together to make a perfect storm. Same everyday here. Oh and the copper thought the 650 was like a big fino.

Sent from my i-mobile_i-STYLE_219 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

What a damn stupid post after a biker has lost his life. You ain't no biker, are you?

Where's the "obviously"? Big Fino?Are you on the wrong meds?

Just now, lostinisaan said:

Sure, there has to be such a post. Blame the dead guy without knowing more. Anyway, he can't tell you the truth anymore. HE WAS SPEEDING. 

RIP biker, another useless death. 

I did not say he was speeding I just gave option number 2

If you live with a closed mind up to you

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Is 3 on a bike legal over here now ?

It's not legal, BUT if everybody sticks to the law in any respect things will look different. 

It will make the country less attractive, much more expensive and apart from the high temperatures it will look like any other 'Western' country. 

Laws and regulations are ignored big time by Thai as well as foreigners; that's one thing what this country makes to what it is. 

Please understand me correctly: I do not go along with this complete ignorance, but it is what it is. 

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Nicely put on the last bit........let's lay blame on the scooter when the big bike was travelling way too fast.

15 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

Yes they do have a choice but would rather risk the life of a child.a scooter is designed for two people if you look in the manual.would you take a 1 year old child on a scooter with no form of protection? 

Of course not, but I have money and choices. I don’t know their circumstances, and you don’t either.

1 hour ago, teatree said:

Would you carry your one year old child on a motorbike?

I would rather walk, take a songtaew or hitch a lift than risk the life of my child.

or don't venture onto roads where crazy's are travelling at 150+ clicks on big bikes.