PM insists security protection for Ms Yingluck is meant for her safety

webfact

PM insists security protection for Ms Yingluck is meant for her safety

717_Yingluck.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has defended that security officials sent to follow former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra were meant to give her protection and to ensure her safety.

He pleaded with Ms Yingluck not to complain about the presence of the security guards, saying that it is the duty of the government to ensure her safety. “What if anything happens to her and the government is blamed for doing nothing?” he asked.

However, the prime minister said he had instructed the security officials not to take too many pictures of Ms Yingluck as such action can be deemed as intrusion into her privacy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-insists-security-protection-ms-yingluck-meant-safety/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-01-05

PM apologises for officers following Yingluck
By THE NATION

y.jpg

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday admitted that undercover officers had followed former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra during her New Year holiday and apologised if they intruded on her privacy.

On Tuesday, Yingluck said on Facebook that she had been followed by undercover officers while she was on vacation with her family in the popular resort town of Pai in Mae Hong Son. 

She said they followed her closely and checked shops and venues she visited, in actions that seemed unrelated to legitimate security measures.

Yingluck is currently fighting accusations that she failed to prevent corruption in her government’s rice-mortgage scheme, which accrued losses to the state initially estimated at Bt500 billion. The government is demanding that Yingluck and members of her government personally pay compensation for the losses.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30303444

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-05

2 hours ago, trogers said:

Why all the fuss from YL? She would have had lots of security around her as PM...and would probably feel lonely without them.

Perhaps her request for privacy would be granted while in the slammer...

You drip with hypocrisy. This is an attempt to harass and to intimidate her. The former Prime Minister elected iby the Thai electorate in a legal election, remains popular and respected by a large portion of the general population. It irks the current administration that she can continue to draw  crowds and kind sentiment.

The current government can't muster  the resources to control  its  speeding human BBQ  vans, but can find time to harass the former PM. Shameful.

Prayut is pissed that Yingluk gets more attention than him, is well liked by many Thais.

Yingluk was appointed PM by the voters Prayut stole her job, because his cronies had the guns.

To say that following her is for her protection is laughable. 

Edited by colinneil

" security officials sent to follow former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra were meant to give her protection and to ensure her safety. "

What a great idea ! I'd like to go even further : Put all these politicians , corrupt businessmen etc . in Prison to ensure their safety !

That surely would be a great step foreward .

She should thank her lucky stars she's on bail.whats to stop her doing a taksin.

Probably more to the point, why hasn't she "done a Thaksin"? She has had many opportunities.

A supplementary question, just how much does her refusal to "do a Thaksin" infuriated the junta?

51 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

She should thank her lucky stars she's on bail.whats to stop her doing a taksin.

Some people where do they get their info? Must be that very well hidden Thai red stupid book only available to those who have been in for re-training.

If Yingluk wanted to leave she would have by now, but she is a fighter for Thai freedom and in many peoples eyes here and more importantly across the world she has done nothing wrong. The longer this goes on the stronger the world will get behind her and the more chance he that holds a job that he has no education for will end up in a world court or worse.

I always tried to keep out of politics, but when blatant lies are being spread by lowlife liars you have to comment. If you want to be gagged,  with no freedom go and live in North Korea or China, Thais one day I hope will get their country back.

Politics drives you up the wall, Sorry guys My pet hate is a liar just cannot keep my mouth shut when I meet one as they also turn into thieves

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

You drip with hypocrisy. This is an attempt to harass and to intimidate her. The former Prime Minister elected iby the Thai electorate in a legal election, remains popular and respected by a large portion of the general population. It irks the current administration that she can continue to draw  crowds and kind sentiment.

The current government can't muster  the resources to control  its  speeding human BBQ  vans, but can find time to harass the former PM. Shameful.

Nonsense spiced with hyperbole. Do you real think this is intimidation and harassment?

Now, burning coffins with your photo on outside your house, throwning shit and tainted blood,  firing shots at your premises, machine gunning your elderly parents house, throwing ping pong bombs and grenades, threatening to kidnap you daughters - now that's intimidation and harassment. But apparently, Ms. Yingluck doesn't mind that happening to others.

She did complain once her son was harassed by people blowing whistles at his school - only the Headmaster and school authorities denied it ever happened!!  Easy to tell when she lies - her lips move.

She should be protected. Plenty of people have grudges against her family and it only takes one nutter. Maybe, as a private citizen she is no longer allowed to have a private heavily armed militia of bodyguards wander around with her. Plus she's out on bail - and therefore should be kept under tabs.

It's a pity more people, some involved in cases including murder and causing deaths, weren't watched a bit more closely.

11 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Some people where do they get their info? Must be that very well hidden Thai red stupid book only available to those who have been in for re-training.

If Yingluk wanted to leave she would have by now, but she is a fighter for Thai freedom and in many peoples eyes here and more importantly across the world she has done nothing wrong. The longer this goes on the stronger the world will get behind her and the more chance he that holds a job that he has no education for will end up in a world court or worse.

I always tried to keep out of politics, but when blatant lies are being spread by lowlife liars you have to comment. If you want to be gagged,  with no freedom go and live in North Korea or China, Thais one day I hope will get their country back.

Politics drives you up the wall, Sorry guys My pet hate is a liar just cannot keep my mouth shut when I meet one as they also turn into thieves

Nothing to do with being a liar or telling the truth. And Yingluck certainly doesn't seem to know or care about the difference.

If you think she is remotely interested in freedoms, real democracy, or the Thai people and country then you are sadly misguided and need to do some research to educate yourself. She is only interested in her family being in power and enriching themselves whilst putting themselves above the law. 

The wold - interested in Yingluck. Yeah right. Apart from a couple of blatantly biased journalists, the cut back (economy measure?) lobbyists and a couple of long-term left wing German MEP's looking for any old cause to justify their existence but completely non effective then who? Don't see any sanctions. Do see plenty of other countries wanting to work and develop with the current Thai government.

And the poster you called a liar - please explain how you think his comment was a lie.

39 minutes ago, JAG said:

Probably more to the point, why hasn't she "done a Thaksin"? She has had many opportunities.

A supplementary question, just how much does her refusal to "do a Thaksin" infuriated the junta?

Is your first question rhetorical?

You must know she stays because he brother still sees her being here as useful. No other reason.

She is here because the Thai Government wants her here to answer charges as does the court.  It is the duty of the government and police to ensure she does not leave the country or otherwise breach her bail conditions (bail is a conditional release...not a do anything you want card).  She has a full choice.  If she does not want supervision in the community she can surrender to the Central Remand Prison which will give it to her.

50 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The only reason she spotted them was because their were no adoring crowds.

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I thought she was only a caretaker PM... how simple history gets so twisted in so short a time...

Just now, JAG said:

Orders from upon high,stay put.

Just now, wakeupplease said:

Mmm.somebody has read the Thai red stupid book from cover to cover over the holiday break.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has defended that security officials sent to follow former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra were meant to give her protection and to ensure her safety.

Ah variation of the old swampland in Florida for sale gag. Yes Mr. Prayuth wink wink we get your meaning. Your such a caring fellow. You should be in the running for the Guardian of the Year award. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

However, the prime minister said he had instructed the security officials not to take too many pictures of Ms Yingluck as such action can be deemed as intrusion into her privacy.

I guess an autographed picture is out of the question. 

1 hour ago, harrry said:

She is here because the Thai Government wants her here to answer charges as does the court.  It is the duty of the government and police to ensure she does not leave the country or otherwise breach her bail conditions (bail is a conditional release...not a do anything you want card).  She has a full choice.  If she does not want supervision in the community she can surrender to the Central Remand Prison which will give it to her.

Yet on the other hand, there is Santi Thongsem who recently was sentenced to death, now free on bail with his promise not to leave Thailand. No 24-hour police surveillance. link not available due to TV rules

Edited by Srikcir
removed link

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Nothing to do with being a liar or telling the truth. And Yingluck certainly doesn't seem to know or care about the difference.

If you think she is remotely interested in freedoms, real democracy, or the Thai people and country then you are sadly misguided and need to do some research to educate yourself. She is only interested in her family being in power and enriching themselves whilst putting themselves above the law. 

The wold - interested in Yingluck. Yeah right. Apart from a couple of blatantly biased journalists, the cut back (economy measure?) lobbyists and a couple of long-term left wing German MEP's looking for any old cause to justify their existence but completely non effective then who? Don't see any sanctions. Do see plenty of other countries wanting to work and develop with the current Thai government.

And the poster you called a liar - please explain how you think his comment was a lie.

I will try and answer 2 reply’s here

Its not my country so I can only comment because I love your country and most of its people. I have seen many changes for the worse over the years. I can carry out research unlike most of you there, as we do not have thousands of websites blocked. Many of those sites tell the truth, but some are full of crap so only believe 50% of what you read. VPN will help if you want to educate yourself?

Corruption has been going on here since about 1936, when one side was pocketing the cash, one ex general who was PM had women and properties all over the place, when he died his family fought over the money and even the new government took half back as they said he was to rich by corruption. Time and time again we see those in green very rich on nothing wages.

19+ coups d'état later and still the same things being said and done as in 1936. What other country has had anything near this?

Shin 1 came along who had made a lot of money before going into politics and during his stay made more then sold his stake in a satellite (the Gov (CP) also had a stake) Shin 1 paid no tax on the sale because of a loop hole, a big mistake. He also replaced many people at the top with his people as most governments do. But the country moved forward and made friends.

In came the military and status quo. In comes the boy from Newcastle and the southern nutter and lives are lost, businesses start to leave. The country moved backwards.

Yingluck comes in stable for a while but then mistake 2 Amnesty bill which upset the wrong people and the southern nutter goes all out to wreck the country with his North Korea ideals. Hence Thailand today back in 1936.

If Yingluck did not care she would be gone that is for sure, very easy to do.

You Said (World)

The wold - interested in Yingluck. Yeah right. Apart from a couple of blatantly biased journalists, the cut back (economy measure?) lobbyists and a couple of long-term left wing German MEP's looking for any old cause to justify their existence

52 EC MEP’s came to see Yingluck not so many weeks ago, did you not know that. In the UK across Europe and the USA many still are very concerned about what’s happening here right now. Along with many of the worlds agencies like Human rights.

Countries doing business here China sort of, even Japan is worried and they have been here for years.

Get yourself a VPN and learn for yourself or do as so many other Thais do go and live in another FREE country and your eyes will be opened.

I respect you as a person and your right to have your opinion, as that is democracy, which Thailand does not have right now, it’s a real shame as its one of the most beautiful countries in the world, but run to befit the few sod the majority.

Lies also known as propaganda or BullS---e

I wish you well sorry it’s a bit long