best investment for your thai partner to earn an income

pumpjack

On 7/1/2560 at 6:56 PM, anotheruser said:

No not all but I do think this one does or did. I am no detective but the fact she has no job and is being supported by a Farang who has a condo in Pattaya are things that set my spider sense off. The fact she seems to have a few Pattaya contacts in the taxi industry and has places to stay there is another give away. The ability to speak English is also sort of suspect. 

All of this seems rather odd for a farm girl from Issan don't you think? don't worry my opinion doesn't matter but if I was right then my question stands. Why not let her keep doing her thing to buy her own business? There is nothing wrong with that anyway.

Seems to me your wild guess is about the same as having a Blind Fold put on you, then spinning you around about 10 times, then throwing a dart and hitting the bulls eye. Not saying it can't be done but it is a long shot. 

My wife also came from Issan. She was working in Bangkok when I met her. I was working Overseas on a 28 / 28 and liked to spend my time off in Pattaya. She came with me but it was difficult for her to take as much time off as I had. So after awhile I told her to quit her crappy job and her crappy wages. So when we finally got married umpteen years later, she wasn't working on my request. 

Until I took her to Pattaya she never even seen a Bar like this before, let alone work in one. We stayed a few nights in Bangkok and one night I wanted to go to Patpong Street. So I asked her about as she lived in Bangkok. She never even heard of this place and after we went there she was surprised and shocked this place even existed in Bangkok.

I bet there is plenty of Dutch Women who have not seen the Red Light District in Amsterdam either. Even living in Amsterdam. There is a lot I haven't seen in my country either.  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/1/2560 at 8:41 PM, anotheruser said:

Sure she worked at Robinson's and learned English there. Anyway my suggestion stands.

My Wife learned her English in Australia as by being the best student at her University she got a 1 Year Scholarship and Student Visa to study English in Australia.

She was sponsored by a Thai Family in which she stayed with and they owned a restaurant, in which she could and tried to work as much as she could as she was paid good money (for her) to do so. Working 7 days a week and also studying, she hardly had any time for herself. 

So what were you saying again about a Thai Woman having English Skills that you concluded she was a Bar Girl? 

On 1/7/2017 at 8:41 PM, anotheruser said:

Sure she worked at Robinson's and learned English there. Anyway my suggestion stands.

She may have actually taken an interest in learning English in school--some kids do, you know. Instead of actually having a job, she may have been the caretaker of young or elderly relatives at home--some girls do, you know. Consequently, as I see it, the only thing that still stands is the ignorance of your suggestion.

10 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Take it easy mate. Nobody thinks that your wife is a hooker. It is the other guys wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I am not offended even if you thought my wife was a Bar Girl. Believe me, you would not be the first one to draw that conclusion. Just check into any hotel in Pattaya with a younger attractive Thai Female, and they will all think that. Or at least until they see her ID and from that know we are married, then everything changes.

I don't know this OP personally or his wife, so I have no idea what he or she did in the past. But I think it is wrong to draw the conclusion she is a Bar Girl, just like it is wrong for Hotel Staff to do so, and especially that she should go back to doing this again. But having said that I have met some real decent and honest Bar Girls in my time to.  

Yes! Bar Girls are in the sex trade for the money. They charge for their service. Western Women give it to you for free then ding you on the Divorce.  

1 hour ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I am not offended even if you thought my wife was a Bar Girl. Believe me, you would not be the first one to draw that conclusion. Just check into any hotel in Pattaya with a younger attractive Thai Female, and they will all think that. Or at least until they see her ID and from that know we are married, then everything changes.

I don't know this OP personally or his wife, so I have no idea what he or she did in the past. But I think it is wrong to draw the conclusion she is a Bar Girl, just like it is wrong for Hotel Staff to do so, and especially that she should go back to doing this again. But having said that I have met some real decent and honest Bar Girls in my time to.  

Yes! Bar Girls are in the sex trade for the money. They charge for their service. Western Women give it to you for free then ding you on the Divorce.  

I agree with you with the looks you get when you take your partner in to a hotel all think she is ex bar and that is so wrong my partner had never seen a bar till I took her to one so we could have a drink with my mates .

one hotel had the  cheek  to ask her for her I d card and she had no idea what was going till I jump in and told the bloke this is my partner and he was sorry the miss was not happy when I told her what was going on .

the same hotel  , different staff member ask the miss on the way out what your name because she through she was a hooker to give her the i d card back and that did make my miss very up set .

the thing on western women , I not agree as long as you don't get married you can't lose a thing have had lots of long time  relationships and have not lost one cent and make sure they live in there home you are ok .

hookres in thailand are lazy moles who just want the  easy money not want to work  normal jobs to make money.

57 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

I agree with you with the looks you get when you take your partner in to a hotel all think she is ex bar and that is so wrong my partner had never seen a bar till I took her to one so we could have a drink with my mates .

one hotel had the  cheek  to ask her for her I d card and she had no idea what was going till I jump in and told the bloke this is my partner and he was sorry the miss was not happy when I told her what was going on .

the same hotel  , different staff member ask the miss on the way out what your name because she through she was a hooker to give her the i d card back and that did make my miss very up set .

the thing on western women , I not agree as long as you don't get married you can't lose a thing have had lots of long time  relationships and have not lost one cent and make sure they live in there home you are ok .

hookres in thailand are lazy moles who just want the  easy money not want to work  normal jobs to make money.

Yes! It is obvious we have both been their before and the same reaction we got from hotels. The first time my wife was in such a bar I took her also. I had one hotel refuse my wife a free breakfast as right in front of my wife they said they don't give that out to Bar Girls. I left and checked into a different hotel that hour. 

Yes, I suppose if you never develop a serious relationship with a Western Woman, and not let her move in with you, than I suppose you can get some free sex from that. But not many Western Women I ever knew wanted to stay in a relationship like that. The ones I knew always wanted more or at least some obligation from you. An Obligation can be a Ball & Chain around your feet and neck to.

But with a Bar Girl there is no further obligation after the night payment is made. You can continue, or move on. Up-to-You! For 30 Bucks I would sooner have it this way, and know you will get something that night before the expensive dinner and flowers. It keeps thing simple.   

10 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

Ill informed, doom and gloom, nonsense.

You can protect your position using a trailing stop:

How to Use Trailing Stops in Thailand

Not ill informed, no nonsense, you can loose a lot. Many people did before you. The more money you can make the more risk you will need to take. I have done business economics and accountancy and stay well clear of it.

Edited by FritsSikkink

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

Not ill informed, no nonsense, you can loose a lot. Many people did before you. The more money you can make the more risk you will need to take. I have done business economics and accountancy and stay well clear of it.

Interesting that you have so much education but have such a closed mind when it comes to a topic that clearly you know nothing about.

Shame too, that with all that education you are not able to spell "lose".

I am rather perplexed by your remark "Many people did before you".  What on earth are you talking about?  Who are all these people you know who have previously traded Thai derivative warrants?  Can you hook me up so we can swap ideas?  And they all lost their money...before me...I lost all my money as well did I?

Ill informed nonsense.

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn

Would highly recommend that you let her invest something (real money) into this herself. Why should you be the sole investor? If she really wants to do it, then she will also be ready to find the money (borrow them) and put something into it herself. I have seen to many failed 100% farang setups, to believe this will ever work. 

My wife owns two shops today and is planning to open a third soon. With the first one she went to the bank and borrowed a big part of the money to start it up. I helped finance the rest. With hard work and the profit from that, she then opened shop no. 2.

If you just pay it all, then she will not care about if the business makes money or not. And since you need to help her with this way, I am wondering how she survived before she met you. 

Let her take a big part of the risk, that is only fair. That is the only way in my opinion. If she has something to lose, then you will see much more energy put into it and there is bigger chance of success.

One thing I find strange, is that you need to be so involved in the business idea and she has no self-drive or willingness to invest herself. Would be kind of worried if it was me... 

Edited by khunpa

On 1/7/2017 at 2:59 AM, cyberfarang said:

If you have to try and set up your girlfriend, partner or whatever way you describe her and you need to provide something so she can be independent, self supportive and pay her own way while you are doing your own thing thousands of miles away, then sorry; I really cannot see what benefits there are for her in this relationship that in actually is not a true solid relationship at all, especially as it seems you have no ways of being with her full time and supporting her long term.

Was that an anaerobic 90 word sentence?

Or a breathless question?

NFI

On 1/7/2017 at 6:45 AM, Redback said:

15-20k per month is a sensational return. If that money is banked monthly your partner will be able to borrow from the Bank of Agriculture. Mine does. Ask your partner about Jumnum. It's like a loan. You give someone say 100k and they pay you "interest"  by way of, for example, 1 gwean (9bags) of rice, per crop of rice. This agreement is registered with the Amphur. When the borrower doesn't want to pay you any more he must give you back your 100k. If he stops paying you, you can take his land. I have 5 of these agreements in Isaan, in my wife's name of course. We then sell the rice at the Bank of Agriculture locally. 1 bag of rice is 90kg, 1 kg of rice used to be 15 baht. The problem with investing money in Thailand is that the profit is always spent before you've actually seen it. Have you actually seen the 15-20k you earn from the cars?

When your wife wakes you from your dream, pls re-post with the wash up. 

14 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

Interesting that you have so much education but have such a closed mind when it comes to a topic that clearly you know nothing about.

Shame too, that with all that education you are not able to spell "lose".

I am rather perplexed by your remark "Many people did before you".  What on earth are you talking about?  Who are all these people you know who have previously traded Thai derivative warrants?  Can you hook me up so we can swap ideas?  And they all lost their money...before me...I lost all my money as well did I?

Ill informed nonsense.

English is my 5th language boy