Life for an iPhone: Man stabbed to death in Lat Phrao robbery

snoop1130

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Canceraid said:

Look at the tatoos on his body. I think that Thailand should adopt Duterte's (Philippines) measures with extrajudicial killings. All these thai and foreign scum should just be assassinated on the streets.

Dude, you need to take your pills.

47 minutes ago, frank0424 said:

Fair enough. However in essence you're saying your phone is more important than your life.

I don't think you'd be a coward if you handed over your phone to someone that wanted to kill you for it.

We cant ask the guy that got killed if he wished he had handed his over.

Very difficult, this one. Was the iPhone just an excuse for something else. Handing over a phone might not stop there. When people fight back they don't think they are going to get killed for doing so unless the intention is clear at the beginning. R.I.P.

Glad they got this scumbag. I often stop at that 7-11 on my way back from The Walk shopping mall nearby. Not a bad area at all, a couple of new condos going up/recently gone up, a few local restaurants, a hiso village at the end of the soi where it meets Pradist Manudharm etc.

Pretty shocking if it really was just for an iPhone. When I first heard about it I suspected some personal vendetta but looking at it again and looking at the culprit it looks like it might have just been a brutal robbery.

Very sad either way.

2 hours ago, arrowsdawdle said:

They are just following the cultural example set by the little general...you want something, take it; government or an iPhone, same-same.

And a certain gold mine by using Article 44.

1 hour ago, thhMan said:

I could never just hand my phone over to some scumbag, just because he wants it...

Whatever happens .. happens... at least I wont live my life as a spineless coward... now that is a sad way to die!

Kudos to the kid who stood up for himself... and... RIP

Is an Iphone worth to die for ? Better survive and lose the phone ...

Edited by pumpuy

3 hours ago, arrowsdawdle said:

They are just following the cultural example set by the little general...you want something, take it; government or an iPhone, same-same.

So all other countries are crime free? And crimes didn't exist in Thailand before 2014?

Get real and educate yourself. This type of robbery and escape using motor bike type vehicle is fast growing all over. Italy was always rife with this. London is being plagued by it. 

A young man was brutally murdered by thugs who see thieving as an alternative way to make money. A phenomenon that's been around for a very long time.

3 hours ago, Canceraid said:

Look at the tatoos on his body. I think that Thailand should adopt Duterte's (Philippines) measures with extrajudicial killings. All these thai and foreign scum should just be assassinated on the streets.

I am a Musician and love body art. I have a full sleeve of Tattoos on my left hand. 

Never endorse violence in my life except for MMA, Muay Thai or Boxing as a sport in a professional controlled environment.

Do I deserve to be kill extrajudicially for love of Arts?

You place a lot of trust in authority then... didn't work so well here when Thaksin tried it.

They tried that here 10 years ago on the drug dealers......guess what it does not work.

3 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Sad for the loss of life for young man.

To be safe, keep the phone locked with passcode, and just give away to the sealers. I hope Apple have lot of security to find and get back the phone.

It should be a default feature of the phone to get it back when it is lost, and the find owners. We are living in 21st century with so many mobile networks and connectivity.

The fact that they made an arrest so quickly suggests the phone lead police straight to him.

RIP to the deceased and condolences to his family.

3 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Sad for the loss of life for young man.

To be safe, keep the phone locked with passcode, and just give away to the sealers. I hope Apple have lot of security to find and get back the phone.

It should be a default feature of the phone to get it back when it is lost, and the find owners. We are living in 21st century with so many mobile networks and connectivity.

Networks have the ability to trace the phone through is ICCID and IMEI, all these details are transmitted and become part of the call data record.

Thai police have the ability to track and record any phones based on these electronic IDs built into every device.

Whether they do or not is a matter of conjecture.  I suspect that they are far more focussed on tracking and recording the political dissidents (anyone who s not a junta lover) here.

34 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

I am a Musician and love body art. I have a full sleeve of Tattoos on my left hand. 

Never endorse violence in my life except for MMA, Muay Thai or Boxing as a sport in a professional controlled environment.

Do I deserve to be kill extrajudicially for love of Arts?

I guess it depends on how crap your music is! 

3 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

I really hope that posters will one day read the threads before posting.

The answer is already in the post just three above this one, posted over an hour previously.

Winge. Comments are based on the news item and not necessarily on other posters comments. Fortunately there is no necessity to read any or all comments before posting your own, leave that to the professional posters who have time on their hands.

4 hours ago, biker Bob said:

I really hope they catch the scumbags who did this.   RIP

Will this case be like so many others that simply fall off the charts?. Even if they arrest these guys the court system will hopefully function as intended. Justice here has just to many roadblocks. 

4 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

I really hope that posters will one day read the threads before posting.

The answer is already in the post just three above this one, posted over an hour previously.

Absolutely.  But don't hold your breath.

4 hours ago, Canceraid said:

Thaksin tried it.

It doesn't work.

For all sorts of reasons.

4 hours ago, frank0424 said:

Fair enough. However in essence you're saying your phone is more important than your life.

I don't think you'd be a coward if you handed over your phone to someone that wanted to kill you for it.

We cant ask the guy that got killed if he wished he had handed his over.

What he is saying, is if you let the deadbeat $#@holes in this world walk all over you then you might as well be dead.   Stand up for yourself and what is right or else to roll over like a bitch in heat and cower in fear.  Your choice. 

He won't be the last, dear friends. Maybe it's me but it seems so many Thais are just addicted to their iPhones, it's unbelievable. They can't even put their eyes off that screen while eating in a restaurant. I can always predict what they're going to do while entering a bus, eatery or any other place. What a world!!

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What he is saying, is if you let the deadbeat $#@holes in this world walk all over you then you might as well be dead.   Stand up for yourself and what is right or else to roll over like a bitch in heat and cower in fear.  Your choice. 

The young guy that was killed tried not to let a deadbeat $#@hole walk all over him.   He still ended up dead.

I'd rather hand over my phone and walk away.  

15 hours ago, Jimbo1964 said:

Thailand used to be a very safe country to live in. Now it's getting crazy. Killing someone for a phone. RIP

just like the rest of the world... i remember americans being killed for their sneakers... that was in the 80s or 90s :coffee1:

societies change, faster and faster than ever. 25 years ago life was slow here. many people had no clue about anything outside their village. now there's the internet and smart phones and small minds can't take the pressure/impulses. 4 "friends" going out for dinner, 20ers and 30ers, ALL WATCHING THEIR PHONE (also in other parts of the world) is NOT what i consider normal behaviour. and i'm no dinosaurus myself! imo no matter how much further we will evolve with TECHNOLOGIES, our core is still the same as a Monkey!