Pick-up hit by Bangkok bound train - but driver still flees the scene!

webfact

Pick-up hit by Bangkok bound train - but driver still flees the scene!

3a.jpg

Picture: Sanook

KORAT: -- A pick-up truck that was hit by a Bangkok bound train on Thursday was completely destroyed in Tap Sawai sub-district of Korat.

But the pick-up driver managed to get out of the wreckage then fled into the nearby forest.

Police failed to find him.

Witnesses said the man was alone in the Toyota Vigo when he crossed the path of the Ubon to Bangkok train. The pick-up was tossed to the side of the tracks and the train - 13 carriages long and full of people - was unable to go on, reports Sanook.

The driver was seriously hurt but still managed to flee the scene, said witnesses.

A new locomotive was sent and the passengers continued after more than an hour's delay.

Meanwhile Huay Talaeng police are seeking the driver of the pick-up. They suspect he had something illegal to hide that was the reason for him fleeing the scene.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-06

Look left look right 

look left look right again

how do you not see the train,

Big has the  right of way as a self preservation standard,

the driver fled because  A) he was traumatized ? drunk, drugged, carry illegal substances, was not in possession  of MDL, the pick up was stolen, The driver was legally blind.

3 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Look left look right 

look left look right again

how do you not see the train,

Big has the  right of way as a self preservation standard,

the driver fled because  A) he was traumatized ? drunk, drugged, carry illegal substances, was not in possession  of MDL, the pick up was stolen, The driver was legally blind.

he fled the scene because he's culturally programmed to avoid responsibility for his own actions

and they  want to know why this keeps happening, maybe if the police enforced the road laws, were actually patrolling the roads in police cars and on police bikes, pulling over all those breaking the law and either fining them or seizing their vehicles and arresting them if they are drunk(instead of just fining them and letting them go), not simply taking bribes to let the offenders go and basically doing what they are paid for we would see a drastic drop in this sort of thing. It would also help if the drivers had to actually go through the same training process as overseas so that drivers were aware of the road rules, were taught the correct way to drive in traffic and on the open road and had training in all types of conditions, the fact face seems to be a huge part of all the problems with thai society doesnt help.

We see this so often and yet you would think that the chances or these 2 moving object arriving at the same place at exactly the same time would be pretty slim  - unless -

People think that a railway line is an excellent place to stop for a cigarette or a picnic.

There is a constant stream of pickups crossing railway lines.

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

How do they know he is seriously injuried if they can't find him? Report facts not conjecture....

If he was seriously injured just follow the blood. Looking at that the condition of that truck Scotty must have beamed him up just before impact. WOW how could anyone survive that. When you find him pump him for lottery numbers a sure winner. 

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

And because there's no extra hard punishment for fleeing ....

TRUE

there should be a law (wishful thinking, I know) that any hit-and-run offence is non-bailable and carries a minimum of several months or years of jail term, depending on who was left behind / abandoned (injured / dead)

He's a lucky bugger to be able to run away from that mess,

I think he will be feeling the pain when the adrenaline wears

off,maybe they should forget about those very fast trains

they were talking  about a while ago,it would be mayhem.

regards Worgeordie

6 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

How do they know he is seriously injuried if they can't find him? Report facts not conjecture....

That's what I was wondering too.. 
after that impact if he was seriously injured as indicated he must have left a trail of some description.. blood or a large "skid mark"

Does Thailand have any "scent dogs" within the police force, or is that asking too much?

3 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Where was he going?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

... and where did he came from ("went to and return from") ?

so many deeply philosphycal questions on 1 single day !!!!!

i'd drive my pickup UNDER a train too if it were me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Mook23 said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

... and where did he came from ("went to and return from") ?

so many deeply philosphycal questions on 1 single day !!!!!

i'd drive my pickup UNDER a train too if it were me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one I love is mah laew? Did you come already? As evidenced by my phyiscal presence one should be able to deduce i have come already.

3 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

The one I love is mah laew? Did you come already? As evidenced by my phyiscal presence one should be able to deduce i have come already.

so very true!!! but often - in my case that is - when i "mae'd laew" i didn't actually "ma" yet .... so i smile and say.

YANG MAI DAI MAH occasually followed by LOEI (if it's highly needed to come already) and go to my room for 5 minutes of privacy/cleenex!!!!

Edited by Mook23
typo (transliteration)

1 minute ago, Mook23 said:

so very true!!! but often - in my case that is - when i "mae'd laew" i didn't actually "ma" yet .... so i smile and say.

YANG MAI DAI MAH occasually followed by LOEI (if it's highly needed to come already) and go to my room for 5 minutes of privacy/cleenex!!!!

Let's try not to get too intellectual. What do they say when you drive into a coming train?  Where did you run and hide?

Edited by anotheruser

Just now, anotheruser said:

Let's try not to get too intellectual. What do they say when you drive into a coming train? 

3 options (where i live that is):

1. mai bpen rai

2. sanook sanaam

3. hiiaàààààààààààààààààààà!