No surprise: Baht bus drivers ignore military’s new rules

Rimmer

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Did they seriously think that the baht bus drivers would take notice.

They are a law unto themselves, only way to curb them is fine them heavy everytime to do wrong.

After the third offence confiscate the vehicle for 1 month, hit them hard in the pocket, thats the only thing that will stop them.

Why do you take them if they are that bad?

8 hours ago, fforest1 said:

The baht buses work great and dont need fixing...

What the baht buses need is to be left alone to do their job...

Pattaya and each and every person in Pattaya is lucky to have such

convenient and cheap transportation.. 

I am thankful every day...

Working so well that 60% refuse to stop because they are chasing groups to get higher  wages. Try to get one from Jomtien also...

10 minutes ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Working so well that 60% refuse to stop because they are chasing groups to get higher  wages. Try to get one from Jomtien also...

I have ridden the Baht Buses a zillion times...

If I had to put a number to the refusal rates I would say it would be

some where between10-20% Also with a few rare times were your

passed up by like 5 or 6 in a row....

But where there is one Baht Bus there are always more so its never been

a real problem even in Jomtien....

15 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

This applies not just to baht buses. Every motorist, including motorcyclists must be hit very hard in the pocket for EVERY motoring violation.......countrywide.....in towns and villages

Glad that you're not having a say in this country.

7 hours ago, smotherb said:

Why do you take them if they are that bad?

What a crazy comment, you obviously do not read posts on here properly.

As most members know i am paraplegic, and on my avatar it states where i live.

So me using baht buses would be  impossible.

I was stating ways what could help fix the problem.

Edited by colinneil

when you re dealing with children you treat them as such, proper discipline and effective punishment..''.what is the problem''.. ..add 3-6 police at dolphin rnbout and beach rd walking street, fine as needed ,tow when they get billigerant and do not stop,DO NOT STOP...when you deal with children they must be superivised non stop.....these drivers are like cockroaches,turn on the lights they scatter ,turn off the lights and they always return........sawadee no crap

A fair point. after 10 years in Thailand I returned to see terrible driving in the UK, people often  jumping red lights, illegal parking and the police failing to indicate or indeed enforce the rules, I thought there was a bit more order here, but sadly not

Was this in a specific area of the UK or just a generalisation?

You thought there would be more order in the UK, and there isn't?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

19 hours ago, sabaii69 said:

Please go home where there is lots of law and order. Leave us alone.

It's refreshing to see that not everyone on this Forum advocates more repression, control, laws, rules, CCTV, etc. I'm not saying that this country is perfect but it is what it is, and a good part of its charm is the fact that some things are still left unruled, not well controlled, and that locals tend to wiggle around the rules they don't like in a way that's often quite funny.

Yes, I know it's often dangerous too, but then life is dangerous, and the insurance system, of which Westerners are often so proud of, has ended up producing a state of irresponsibility, cynicism and abuse that should at least lead us to question its relevance.

In the condo where I live, I am so fed up of hearing white co-owners demanding more rules, more no-can-dos, more policing, according to a recognizable mind-pattern which I find abhorrent and which is one of the main reasons I decided to leave Europe and come live here. I do not want these guys to import their ways and mentality here and I hope they never succeed in doing so.

All constables resembling the boys in brown should be armed with cattle prods and given as little instruction as possible on how to properly use same.  Then unleash the hordes of constabularies onto the Baht Bus miscreants.  It's the only way.

They do have cattle prods. Why do you think that all suspects end up confessing?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Only when the army or navy start fining the drivers, taking the busses off them until the fines are paid will the drivers realise they have to obey the rules...

A better idea would be not to fine anybody for any thing 

and just forget the whole thing...