Roof Top Bars BKK

merlen10002

Roof on the top of Mercury Ville, next to Chidlom BTS.  Not high, but a decent view and normal pricing.

Rooftop bar on the top of Zen Department Store, Central World - food not good, but drinks and snacks OK and nice birds-eye view of the nearby Wat and the BTS

Marriott Sukhumvit roof top - average view from second level, top level can be windy!

Above 11 in Soi 11 - always busy - access via a lift at the back of the apartment building.

Mini Bar in Central Embassy - has a small outside area.

That weird balcony bit that sticks out of the Okura Prestige Hotel, Wireless Road - but it's not very interesting and don't lean on the low, sloping handrail or you'll be over the edge.

Also some reasonable bars on top of some normal hotels:

Four Points by Sheraton, Soi 15 (Can't remember the name of the bar, but the lady DJ is seriously hot)

The Roof at 38th Bar, Sathorn - river view

The Roof, Siam@Saim Design Hotel  - not tried this one yet - any recommendations?

You can also go up to the Dome at the Lebua Hotel, State Tower and get your selfie stick out.  It's not compulsory to buy a drink, but a beer wont break the bank.

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

I would get the app called eatigo. Many roof top bar and restaurants listed and several have huge discounts late at night.  

Although I love Eatigo, I have to say that there is no discounts on drinks. If you save 50% on a 4,000 Baht food bill in a rooftop bar it'd be still kinda expensive.

Edited by wump

19 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Roof on the top of Mercury Ville, next to Chidlom BTS.  Not high, but a decent view and normal pricing.

Rooftop bar on the top of Zen Department Store, Central World - food not good, but drinks and snacks OK and nice birds-eye view of the nearby Wat and the BTS

Marriott Sukhumvit roof top - average view from second level, top level can be windy!

Above 11 in Soi 11 - always busy - access via a lift at the back of the apartment building.

That weird balcony bit that sticks out of the Okura Prestige Hotel, Wireless Road - but it's not very interesting and don't lean on the low, sloping handrail or you'll be over the edge.

Four Points by Sheraton, Soi 15 (Can't remember the name of the bar, but the lady DJ is seriously hot)

The Roof, Siam@Saim Design Hotel  - not tried this one yet - any recommendations?

You can also go up to the Dome at the Lebua Hotel, State Tower and get your selfie stick out.  It's not compulsory to buy a drink, but a beer wont break the bank.

Good recommendations, but many will probably brake the bank for the OP. A beer at Lebua or Okura will run around 300-350 baht plus tax and service - so you are looking close to or over 400 baht for a beer. Cocktails at Lebua are around 400 and up. I wouldn't say thats even close to mid range.

I say Cloud47 on Silom and Cielo Sky Bar on Sukhumvit is budget friendly with beers starting under 200 and decent views.

http://www.bangkok.com/top10-rooftop-bars.htm

15 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Vertigo at the Banyan Tree, pricey but great for an hour or two around sundown. 

180 degree bar in soi 11, outside area with good views, food very reasonable.

Brewski, craft beer bar on rooftop of Radisson Blu. 

I quite like Brewski.  Many craft brews on tap (yeah, pricy) but they always have one special on tap for 200 thb (++ which I hate.)  The burger at that bar/restaurant (which comes from the hotel kitchen) is one of the best I've had in Bangkok.  The view is great and the music is played at a tolerable level.

15 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

Which one would you choose if you were a thrifty money-saving farang like myself?

Obviously roof top bar beer is not going to be 45baht a bottle.. but i would like something not ridiculous 

I have a good view from the 36th floor of my condo. I will let you use the balcony for 100 Baht an hour. I will sell you beer for 65 Baht a big bottle. The balcony door stays locked until you are done and pay. When are your two exempt visa entries finished? 

1 hour ago, anotheruser said:

I have a good view from the 36th floor of my condo. I will let you use the balcony for 100 Baht an hour. I will sell you beer for 65 Baht a big bottle. The balcony door stays locked until you are done and pay. When are your two exempt visa entries finished? 

36th floor Condo? Wow you high roller you.

I bet you pop into Villa in the morning for some cream of mushroom soup and some croissants. You quintessential Sukhumvit Farang 

9 minutes ago, cheapskatesam said:

36th floor Condo? Wow you high roller you.

I bet you pop into Villa in the morning for some cream of mushroom soup and some croissants. You quintessential Sukhumvit Farang 

Being from the midwest I am a big fan of cream of mushroom soup or Lutheran binder as we call it. Good for all sorts of casseroles. It is actually the food of the common man back in the states. 

Also I don't live on Sukhumvit and prefer English muffins to croissants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_of_mushroom_soup

Edited by anotheruser

18 hours ago, Diplomatico said:

I quite like Brewski.  Many craft brews on tap (yeah, pricy) but they always have one special on tap for 200 thb (++ which I hate.)  The burger at that bar/restaurant (which comes from the hotel kitchen) is one of the best I've had in Bangkok.  The view is great and the music is played at a tolerable level.

Just love you people who go to a Third World country and then willingly pay prices that are higher than Europe or America. There's a sucker born every minute, I guess.

8 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Just love you people who go to a Third World country and then willingly pay prices that are higher than Europe or America. There's a sucker born every minute, I guess.

"You people"?  Was that really necessary?  

I earned the money, I'll spend it how I wish.  Feel free to do the same with yours.  

On Friday, January 06, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Kinnock said:

The dome 1000

baht for 2 beers !

nice roof top bar by BTS phra khanong, called "CEILIO" ? by my condo, 46 floors up nice view and if your brave enough you can walk on the glass floor looking 46 floors down to the pool,had a few beers there to impress the ladies, didn't break the bank, a great view as well. get off the BTS on the left, walk past the post office, just before the walkway bridge, the skybar is in on your left.

On 2017-01-06 at 7:11 PM, Kinnock said:

Tried this last night and very happy with view, food and service. It's not on the cheap side (is any quality roof top?). Main courses start around 500 THB and drinks come at premium price. 

It's a bit off the over crowded Sukhumvit track, and no group tourists in sight. Can definitely recommend.

i was at lebua state tower in dec 2015, beer was 400thb.  i prefer octave, marriott hotel, sukhumvit soi 57.  asahi beer for 225thb.  the view from the top floor is 360 degrees, which is not the case for most (all ?) other roof top bars.  don't try to go via taxi during evening rush hour.  BTS is the way to go.

If it is lunchtime or early evening try the Foreign Correspondents club at Chidlom.  "P" deck above the 16th floor, patio outside, very reasonable prices for food and drink by BKK standards even allowing for the 25% non-member supplement. Google it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.1.2017 at 2:56 PM, Thainess said:

Says some dumbwit who in other threads says to live in BKK "120,000" a month is the BARE minimum..... LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Octave Bar, Marriot, Sukhumvit

Get off at Thong Lor BTS and walk ~ 100m

Between 5-7 it's "2 for 1" cocktails which means 2 cocktails will set you back 395 baht ++ 

Friendly, no pressure to keep topping you up and un-pretentious.