The “iPhone robber” deserves to be executed: Chuwit

rooster59

The “iPhone robber” deserves to be executed: Chuwit

0601004.jpg

Former Rak Prathet Thai party leader Chuwit Kamolvisit said Friday that the suspect who killed an airport ground staffer for his iPhone deserved to be executed because he is an incorrigibly habitual criminal.

Chuwit who was recently pardoned and released from prison was responding to a claim by the suspect, Kittikorn Vipaha, that he didn’t mean to kill his victim, Wasin Luangjam, an airport ground staffer, but merely to intimidate him after the latter resisted his robbery attempt.

The incident took place at Soi Sukhonthasawat 27 on Wednesday night.

In a statement posted on his Facebook page, Chuwit said that, as seen from a video clip of the incident, Kittikorn intended to harm the victim for the iPhone and he did the same to a few other victims on the same night.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/iphone-robber-deserves-executed-chuwit/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-01-07

Though I am considered liberal by some, I like the death penalty, when there are witnesses, and forensic evidence, leaving no doubt as to who the guilty party is, and the crime is heinous enough. I think this one qualifies. Anyone who would take a life for a phone, is not of much use to society. There are certain lines you can step over, and by doing so, you self revoke your right to breathe oxygen. He has done so. His parents failed the test. Why not? Should society pay to have this creep housed in prison, only to be pardoned down the road, due to a broken criminal justice system?

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Though I am considered liberal by some, I like the death penalty, when there are witnesses, and forensic evidence, leaving no doubt as to who the guilty party is, and the crime is heinous enough. I think this one qualifies. Anyone who would take a life for a phone, is not of much use to society. There are certain lines you can step over, and by doing so, you self revoke your right to breathe oxygen. He has done so. His parents failed the test. Why not? Should society pay to have this creep housed in prison, only to be pardoned down the road, due to a broken criminal justice system?

So you're completely convinced that he's as sane as you?

12 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

So you're completely convinced that he's as sane as you?

So let's lock him up and pay people to counsel him for a few years and then at some point in the future state that he now understands what he did was wrong. Also he can now considered safe to be allowed back into society.

When he murders someone again for their bowl of noodles the panel of experts can then state 'this time we understand why he did it'.

As for the family of the victim, well, they will just have to understand it as well.

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

So let's lock him up and pay people to counsel him for a few years and then at some point in the future state that he now understands what he did was wrong. Also he can now considered safe to be allowed back into society.

When he murders someone again for their bowl of noodles the panel of experts can then state 'this time we understand why he did it'.

As for the family of the victim, well, they will just have to understand it as well.

Is that a "yes"?

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Sounds like you're saying it, don't make statements on behalf of others.

I'm merely making a logical inference. What you appear to be saying is that even if the perp is mentally ill (something you appear to have conceded already), the wishes of the victim's family prevail?

4 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

I'm merely making a logical inference. What you appear to be saying is that even if the perp is mentally ill (something you appear to have conceded already), the wishes of the victim's family prevail?

As I am completely unaware of the family's wishes, as you are, I would not make a statement on it.

I also said, he works on a different set of values, that doesn't mean he is sane or otherwise.

spidermike 007

Mike,i read your post,and would certainly agree with what you say.Sadly,and i know this is Thailand,but isnt this really the case all over.We tend to let these killers off,with a prison sentence,in certain cases,they need to be sectioned.But we still feed them,and as you say,release them down the road.Baby killers,child killers.Wife killers,and all sorts of murderers.Our prisons are easy compared to other countries,which,to my mind,makes it even worse.But i feel that the bleeding heart,do gooders and those who champion human rights,are very much responsible for this weak and sick attitude attitude towards the people who commit these murders.

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

spidermike 007

Mike,i read your post,and would certainly agree with what you say.Sadly,and i know this is Thailand,but isnt this really the case all over.We tend to let these killers off,with a prison sentence,in certain cases,they need to be sectioned.But we still feed them,and as you say,release them down the road.Baby killers,child killers.Wife killers,and all sorts of murderers.Our prisons are easy compared to other countries,which,to my mind,makes it even worse.But i feel that the bleeding heart,do gooders and those who champion human rights,are very much responsible for this weak and sick attitude attitude towards the people who commit these murders..

That's because mental illness isn't real illness, the sufferers are simply making it up