I do I have to do 90 day report ?

I entered the kingdom on  24/Oct/2016  by a tourist visa then I changed my tourist visa to a non-o-retirement. I am going to apply for one year extension base on retirement on Jan 30 ( 60 day found in bank).

But on Jan 30 I'll be already over 90 days in Thailand.

Do I have to do any report of anything such as 90 day report ?

31 minutes ago, Foozool said:

Thank you Joe,

So my Non-O-Retirement application (change of visa) will work as a report, if I understood correctly.

Your application for an extension of stay on Jan 30th will count as your 90 report.

"5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."  http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

• Like 1

? I reread the OP.

He entered on Oct 24 and intends to apply for extension on Jan 30.

That is a continuous stay of 98 days.

1 hour ago, Foozool said:

changed my tourist visa to a non-o-retirement.

Does this have an effect on the need to do a 90 day report?

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

? I reread the OP.

He entered on Oct 24 and intends to apply for extension on Jan 30.

That is a continuous stay of 98 days.

Does this have an effect on the need to do a 90 day report?

No. He appears to have applied for a Non 'O' visa at immigration, which would have given him a new 90 day entry. Although he didn't leave the country it counts as a new entry.

He now has to leave at the end of the 90 days or apply for an extension of stay. When he applies for the extension of stay the IO will give him the date of his first 90 day report, which should be 90 days from the day he applies.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You extension of stay application will count as a 90 day report. You will not need to do one until 90 days from the date you apply.

But his extension of stay application will be later than 90 days. His 90 day report will be due on 24th of January or thereabouts.  Why not apply for your extension of stay on when the 90 is up? You can apply for it early.

32 minutes ago, retarius said:

But his extension of stay application will be later than 90 days. His 90 day report will be due on 24th of January or thereabouts.  Why not apply for your extension of stay on when the 90 is up? You can apply for it early.

Because his funds haven't been in the bank long enough by then.

Sophon

13 hours ago, elviajero said:

No. He appears to have applied for a Non 'O' visa at immigration, which would have given him a new 90 day entry. Although he didn't leave the country it counts as a new entry.

Thanks for this advice.

I was not aware of that.

Makes sense.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You extension of stay application will count as a 90 day report. You will not need to do one until 90 days from the date you apply.

Guys just very curious What is a 90 day report and whats in it

I will not be needing one, but would like to know what contents are required

does any other country do this?

I have get asked a lot of questions by friends on Thailand  and on this one I have to say I do not know

Thanks if you have time to reply

Anyone staying in The Kingdom longer than 90 consecutive days has to fill in a form giving there address and give it to Immigration.

Either in person or by someone else or by post.

Occasionally it can be done online when it actually works.

Edited by Lite Beer

3 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Guys just very curious What is a 90 day report and whats in it

I will not be needing one, but would like to know what contents are required

does any other country do this?

I have get asked a lot of questions by friends on Thailand  and on this one I have to say I do not know

Thanks if you have time to reply

90 day reports are made using form TM.47. You can download it from the immigration website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Can you help me out here? Why didn't you get a non immigrant visa in your home country. You obviously qualify so It would be no more effort than a tourist visa and would then have only needed to apply for the extension after two months. I know that you have done it but it isn't supposed to be possible to obtain a non-immigrant visa in Thailand so can you remember the procedure?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Can you help me out here? Why didn't you get a non immigrant visa in your home country. You obviously qualify so It would be no more effort than a tourist visa and would then have only needed to apply for the extension after two months. I know that you have done it but it isn't supposed to be possible to obtain a non-immigrant visa in Thailand so can you remember the procedure?

There are many countries where a single entry non-o for being 50 or over cannot be obtained. Most embassies and official consulates in a persons home country will only issue a OA long stay visa. Only if there is a honorary consulate available is it possible.

He now has to leave at the end of the 90 days or apply for an extension of stay. When he applies for the extension of stay the IO will give him the date of his first 90 day report, which should be 90 days from the day he applies.

I would question the above advice based on my experience today, I applied for a 1 year extension in November, having been 60 days in country prior to that on a non I'm o visa, 30 day consideration stamp given, return in December for a successful 1 year extension,, as the consideration stamp return date and the 1 year extension date had a variation of 2 days, I decided to return to ask whether I was required to return 90 days after the under consideration expiry date or 90 days after the 1 year extension start date,,, shocked to be told I should've returned to report 90 days after my last entry into country, so looks like I'm facing a fine for late reporting,,, anyone else had issues with late reporting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

25 minutes ago, jonnyscot said:

I would question the above advice based on my experience today, I applied for a 1 year extension in November, having been 60 days in country prior to that on a non I'm o visa, 30 day consideration stamp given, return in December for a successful 1 year extension,, as the consideration stamp return date and the 1 year extension date had a variation of 2 days, I decided to return to ask whether I was required to return 90 days after the under consideration expiry date or 90 days after the 1 year extension start date,,, shocked to be told I should've returned to report 90 days after my last entry into country, so looks like I'm facing a fine for late reporting,,, anyone else had issues with late reporting ?

Your report should be due 90 days from the date you applied for your first extension. That is immigration's rule.

Perhaps a misunderstanding or it came from an officer not familiar with the rules.

You should not be fined when you do your report 90 days from the date your extension was applied for. 

It is a fine of 2000 baht for late reporting but you should not have to pay it.

5 minutes ago, jonnyscot said:

Thanks Ubon joe, I have been instructed to return tomorrow to pay this so called fine, as I went in when the office were closing today,, you don't by any chance have a direct link to this rule do you?

From immigration website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Well, just sitting in immigration just now, trying to explain the link you sent joe, but imm officer showing I'm 44 days over for my 90 day report,,, he confirmed this by showing me the number of days over, on the immigration computer system,,,, it's not an issue paying the 2000, it's just official clarification on this I'd like to obtain, which the imm officer is putting of as the link given above not having been updated

I will be there and submit my 90 day report to Chaeng Wattana immigration even before full 90 days (no matter it is the time or not). I will not give them any excuse to surprise me with a 2000 B fine.

Always do it right, no regret.

3 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Can someone say how one can apply for a visa, permission to enter a country, when one is already in the country? The relevant police order will do.

You can be issued a non immigrant visa at immigration that is only valid for the date it issued, As soon as it is issued a new entry stamp is done for a 90 day entry that cancels out your original entry.

On what basis would you be applying for the visa. It could be done for qualifying for an extension based upon retirement or marriage to Thai.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, tgeezer said:

In my case, it was easier for me to apply for a non-o-retirement while I am on METV in Thailand and then apply for an extension of stay base on retirement 

Los Angeles Thai consulate offers only retirement visa for those who wish to get one, no non-o-retirement. I tried but my application was rejected.

Getting retirement visa from Thai consulates in the US is costly due to medical tests.

At least 2 weeks before your visa expires go to immigration office in Chaeng Wattana Bangkok and submit a TM-87 form + a copy of 1st page of your passport, visa page and departure card + 2000 B 

You will need some more documents depends on your non-o, retirement or marriage.

good luck

Edited by Foozool

My retirement extension is valid only to the expiry of my passport, Sept. I leave for the summer to UK in March so decided to get a new passport from London, then a visa to return in October and apply for an extention based on retirement. This I was advised to do when discussing options with the officer at the time that my extention was renewed. It would appear that being a UK citizen I dont need a visa from London but can simply enter visa exempt, then convert it to non-imm at immigration to apply for my extension. I am hesitant because it all seems most irregular and causes me to wonder why Non-Imm. visas are issued.
However I may not need to take advantage of this system because today I learn from another thread that I can actually get a new pasport for what passes as the Consular section of the British Embassy here. With that in my possession I can then attend immigration for transfer of visa details and further extension of stay plus re-entry permit and all will be back to normal. Plan A therefore is to renew everything here before leaving for the summer.
Plan B, should my passport not return, is to get an emergency travel doc. and renew my passport in UK. it is the Plan B eventuality which promps me to ask the question.

I know this has been addressed but I am still unsure. I arrived in Thailand Oct. 20. I am on an extension of stay and entered with Re-entry permit. I am applying tomorrow for a new Extension of Stay. Do I still have to do 90 day report as of the Oct. 20th entry or will 90 day start over from tomorrow with new extension of Stay?  

12 hours ago, tgeezer said:

However I may not need to take advantage of this system because today I learn from another thread that I can actually get a new pasport for what passes as the Consular section of the British Embassy here. With that in my possession I can then attend immigration for transfer of visa details and further extension of stay plus re-entry permit and all will be back to normal. Plan A therefore is to renew everything here before leaving for the summer.

If you get a new passport here immigration will only transfer do an annotation of your visa, extension and re-entry permit to your passport.

You will not get the remainder of your extension. It will still only be valid to September (rule changed in August of 2013).

8 minutes ago, willyumcr said:

I know this has been addressed but I am still unsure. I arrived in Thailand Oct. 20. I am on an extension of stay and entered with Re-entry permit. I am applying tomorrow for a new Extension of Stay. Do I still have to do 90 day report as of the Oct. 20th entry or will 90 day start over from tomorrow with new extension of Stay?  

90 consecutive days in the Kingdom is what needs reporting, so it will be from your date of return, that being the first day. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, willyumcr said:

The extension will not automatically reset the date your 90 day report is due since it will not be your first extension. Some immigration offices will do a new report when you go but most do not.

Your report is due on the 17th of this month which means you can do your report at the same time you do you extension (15 days early rule).

• Like 1

If you get a new passport here immigration will only transfer do an annotation of your visa, extension and re-entry permit to your passport.
You will not get the remainder of your extension. It will still only be valid to September (rule changed in August of 2013).

Seems like a silly thing to make a rule for! But if that is the case it will be easier to do everything in London. I don't enjoy trips to Sukumwit anyway. I am glad to have cleared it up thanks. Just one more thing, when I started extending for retirement I had been in the country for a few months intending that my extension anniversaries would date from December, a cool month, but they dated my extension from the date of entry so not an extension of my visa which was for three months. Is there some way to avoid that happening again?