‘Public have no role in NCPO road map’ Royal Cremation Is Only Fair Reason To Delay Poll: Chuan

webfact

‘Public have no role in NCPO road map’ Royal Cremation Is Only Fair Reason To Delay Poll: Chuan
By The Nation

06d638ac1df17ed21a76bdb6effc4760.jpeg

Chuan is on Facebook Live with Suthichai Yoon.

BANGKOK: -- ORDINARY citizens do not have much idea about the government’s road map towards an election as it’s not they who determine it, but the government alone, Democrat Party adviser Chuan Leekpai said on Saturday during an exclusive interview via Facebook Live with Nation Multimedia Group’s digital journalist Suthichai Yoon.

The former premier, however, was not worried about whether an election would be held this year, but he said he was ready to run in the poll whenever it occurs. Chuan spoke after inspecting flooding in his hometown in Trang province. He said the road map was solely the government’s business, as it was its creation without public input. So, whether it could be accomplished as planned was up to the government, which has been determining such things from the beginning.

The Democrat said the only reason people would accept postponement of the election was because of the royal cremation of the late King. “I think people would have no problem with the royal event, but if there are other reasons apart from this, I’m not sure whether they can accept it [further delay],” he said.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30303716

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-09

"ORDINARY citizens do not have much idea about the government’s road map towards an election as it’s not they who determine".   That is perhaps why Thailand's future looks so bleak.  A bunch of yes men with questionable virtue carving up the country.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The former premier, however, was not worried about whether an election would be held this year

TRANSLATION:

Democrats are not ready to face a political opponent in a fair and democratic election .

More NCPO-directed organic laws need to be in place before the Democrats can partner with the NCPO to assure transition of civil government to the Democrats.

"...Public have no role in NCPO road map..."

This, from member of the Democrats (and, a former PM to boot) !!! 

Just keep pulling the wool over their eyes. There's a lone goat in this "mob" if you look closely! 

images (3).jpg

There are alot of elements to this puzzle of future elections. First and foremost, I think it is obvious that Little P. does not want to relinquish power, as he knows this might be the last coup ever, since they have lost all their moral authority, that they once had, due to a benevolent supporter, that the people loved and cherished. Those days are finished.

Secondarily, are there any capable leaders ready to step up? Who are they? Where are they hiding? Where have they been for the past couple of decades, when Thailand has really needed them? 

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

TRANSLATION:

Democrats are not ready to face a political opponent in a fair and democratic election .

More NCPO-directed organic laws need to be in place before the Democrats can partner with the NCPO to assure transition of civil government to the Democrats.

Love the term organic laws does that mean they are growing them. Methinks planting political land mines is a better term. Tricky ballot wording and so much other stuff must be organized. Must make the voters think there is multiple choices. 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are alot of elements to this puzzle of future elections. First and foremost, I think it is obvious that Little P. does not want to relinquish power, as he knows this might be the last coup ever, since they have lost all their moral authority, that they once had, due to a benevolent supporter, that the people loved and cherished. Those days are finished.

Secondarily, are there any capable leaders ready to step up? Who are they? Where are they hiding? Where have they been for the past couple of decades, when Thailand has really needed them? 

The army had already taken the new situation into account. There are built-in mechanisms for legal quasi-coups in the new constitution, which means that they don't need any moral support or authorisation. 

My guess is that they are more worried about the reaction of people when they will eventually understand what the new constitution is about, i. e. that they are allowed to vote but that it has no impact.

Roadmaps, 20-year Plans, Organic laws, never-ending knee-jerk reactions..... Public indeed knows nothing of all this. Let the Elite do their thing.... More of the past...same same, but not different. Too bad, because the country has plenty of potential.

2 hours ago, candide said:

My guess is that they are more worried about the reaction of people when they will eventually understand what the new constitution is about, i. e. that they are allowed to vote but that it has no impact.

You let the cat out of the bag. Yes Thai thinking is like "Just give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around" but once turned look out. Complacent maybe stupid not by a long shot. 

8 hours ago, Srikcir said:

TRANSLATION:

I'm sure the Democrats are quite ready to face a political opponent in a fair and democratic election. They only lost the election because their opponent PTP, indulged in massive vote buying and destructive populist policies. I really hope that the Democrats form the next government, and then we can expect Thailand to move ahead. Abhisit has learnt a lot from his last term in office and will make a very good PM in the future. He has class and education. Fearfully lacking in other leaders.

6 hours ago, candide said:

The army had already taken the new situation into account. There are built-in mechanisms for legal quasi-coups in the new constitution, which means that they don't need any moral support or authorisation. 

Yes like buying a 3 legged blind in one eye buffalo called "Lucky"

15 hours ago, gamini said:

I'm sure the Democrats are quite ready to face a political opponent in a fair and democratic election. They only lost the election because their opponent PTP, indulged in massive vote buying and destructive populist policies. I really hope that the Democrats form the next government, and then we can expect Thailand to move ahead. Abhisit has learnt a lot from his last term in office and will make a very good PM in the future. He has class and education. Fearfully lacking in other leaders.

He may have class, but he is weak, and was not a good leader last time around. The minimal amount of what he was able to accomplish was shocking, disappointing, and astonishing. He felt like a powerless puppet, with no authority. The democrats have nobody. They are completely lacking in moral authority, as is the current administration. There is nobody out there. There exists a political vacuum. Perhaps that was by intent. But, there is even less political talent here, than in the US, if that is possible. 

Satire?