Savannakhet SETV

Not refundable since i didn't pay the ticket. It was the same procedure in Pattaya. I booked a flight to Europe and told the office, it's not 100% certain that i will fly at that date. Then she did the booking gave me the confirmation and told me, i have time till ... to pay the ticket / change the date. Otherwise it would get canceled.

I don't know how to call that. But it was in fact a confirmation of booking.

Edited by alocacoc

21 minutes ago, juice777 said:

But they might turn around and say why do you need a visa then.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You could turn around and tell them that you were told to get a proper visa and that you will getting a re-entry stamp 

9 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I thought they could refuse anyone they wanted even if they had a visa. Not saying they do but I thought they could if they wanted to.

Trust me, they can.They can refuse entry WITH visa.It's all at the discretion of the I/O. A visa is no guarantee of entry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Trust me, they can.They can refuse entry WITH visa.It's all at the discretion of the I/O. A visa is no guarantee of entry.

Sure. The main reason, they believe you are working illegally in TH. A bank statement should be helpful here as well. Just make another copy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonw8uk said:

The guy checking through applications at Savannakhet didnt agree with that sentiment when I suggested it politely in thai at the window; he just stamped my form as refused - wouldnt even give me my photos back ???

He may have refused to give you a visa because you didnt provide all the documents required .

If you have numerous TVs from the same Embassy, they ask to see more documents,

3 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Sure. The main reason, they believe you are working illegally in TH. A bank statement should be helpful here as well. Just make another copy. 

Agreed but it's this wording of a 'round trip ticket' that I posted about in post 120 I see as a major concern for a whole heap of refusals. That to me is very much open to interpretation and immigration love interpretation in fact the whole Thai constitution is built on it when it comes to dealing with Farangs. :smile:

Agreed but it's this wording of a 'round trip ticket' that I posted about in post 120 I see as a major concern for a whole heap of refusals. That to me is very much open to interpretation and immigration love interpretation in fact the whole Thai constitution is built on it when it comes to dealing with Farangs. [emoji2]

Yep I thought the same thing that sounds like they could be looking for a ticket to your home country. But you never know what we need is someone confirming they used a bus or plane ticket to somewhere other then there home country. The fact that you need a return home to get a METV springs to mind.

19 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

OK if that is the way you see it then good luck. 
Here is another one which bare in mind, don't effect me but effects people I know.
What is the definition of a 'Round trip ticket'? In the travel world for instance that would be as an example, you start your journey in the UK or say New York on an American or UK Passport to Thailand a round trip ticket then takes you back to where you came from, not on a bus to Malaysia unless of course you then have an onward flight from there. Maybe the definition of this 'Round trip ticket' needs to be clarified if they are intent on pressing this home?....Interesting

getting a round-trip ticket to where you came from doesn't necessarily mean you have to return to your home country.

For example there are hundreds of foreigners living in Cambodia (where it's very easy indeed to get a one-year Visa) and Vietnam (where you can get a six-month visa quite easily).

For the purposes of being a tourist in Thailand your travels might simply be starting from Phnom Penh or Hanoi and I can't see any way in the world they can insist you return to the UK or New York as you say when your " home " is actually a neighbouring country.

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Agreed but it's this wording of a 'round trip ticket' that I posted about in post 120 I see as a major concern for a whole heap of refusals. That to me is very much open to interpretation and immigration love interpretation in fact the whole Thai constitution is built on it when it comes to dealing with Farangs. :smile:

Yes, interpretation..... The note says; A Air round ticket or a bus ticket. Ok, if someone has a ticket to Malaysia, actually the immigration shouldn't be interested for an onward flight to your home country. May be i go to work in Malaysia. May be i plan to buy a ticket in Malaysia. Or after my holiday in Malaysia i want go to Singapore. I don't think the i/o want to see a real round ticket. At least, that's my interpretation. ;)

Edited by alocacoc

20 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I am quite sure I remember ubonjoe the moderator of this forum saying such a refusal would have to have to be based on a legitimate reason (because such refusal can be appealed). Does anyone else agree?

Just now, Asiantravel said:

getting a round-trip ticket to where you came from doesn't necessarily mean you have to return to your home country.

For example there are hundreds of foreigners living in Cambodia (where it's very easy indeed to get a one-year Visa) and Vietnam (where you can get a six-month these are quite easily).

For the purposes of being a tourist in Thailand your travels might simply be starting from Phnom Penh or Hanoi and I can't see any way in the world they can insist you return to the UK or New York as you say when your " home " is actually a neighbouring country.

That is not what I am disputing and this isn't anything to do with the ways of living and entering Cambodia or Vietnam. It's an undeniable fact that the notice specifically asks for a 'Round trip ticket' to obtain a Thai visa. I have explained the definition of a round trip ticket what I would like is the Thai definition of it.
If you want to talk Cambodia and it being easy, if you go to the thread link below, you may see that they are now requiring to see flights out when you enter. Maybe they are clamping down too?

19 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Yes, IO can refuse you entry, but it needs to be on specific grounds , the I.O. cannot refuse you entry, just because he doesnt want too , there needs to be a specific legal reason .

1 minute ago, Asiantravel said:

I am quite sure I remember ubonjoe the moderator of this forum saying such a refusal would have to have to be based on a legitimate reason (because such refusal can be appealed). Does anyone else agree?

That will be the appeal process where your in IDC for a week or more?...Fabulous.

6 minutes ago, juice777 said:

The fact that you need a return home to get a METV springs to mind.

I just checked the requirements at the consulate I applied my METV. They say; Copy of the flight confirmation / ticket of a booked round trip or return flight OR onward bus or train ticket.

In this case, a round ticket is not necessary.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, IO can refuse you entry, but it needs to be on specific grounds , the I.O. cannot refuse you entry, just because he doesnt want too , there needs to be a specific legal reason .

As I have said good luck and enjoy taking it up with Immigration on whatever they may refuse on. I have a distinct feeling who the winner will be.

1 minute ago, Lovethailandelite said:

That will be the appeal process where your in IDC for a week or more?...Fabulous.

No, they will not send you to IDC , you wont even be in Thailand at the time .

You can appeal there and then to higher ranking I.O

Just now, sanemax said:

In case, you get refused to enter, will you get a stamp into your passport? If not, one could try another lane or another border.

2 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

I just checked the requirements at the consulate I applied my METV. They say; Copy of the flight confirmation / ticket of a booked round trip or return flight OR onward bus or train ticket.

In this case, a round ticket is not necessary.

Was the consulate Savannakhet because that's where the issue is?

5 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

That is not what I am disputing and this isn't anything to do with the ways of living and entering Cambodia or Vietnam. It's an undeniable fact that the notice specifically asks for a 'Round trip ticket' to obtain a Thai visa. I have explained the definition of a round trip ticket what I would like is the Thai definition of it.
If you want to talk Cambodia and it being easy, if you go to the thread link below, you may see that they are now requiring to see flights out when you enter. Maybe they are clamping down too?

Hang on a minute! I think you are missing my point.it has everything to do where you regard is your home.

If a person can show he or she is effectively living full-time in Cambodia or Vietnam that is where the round trip ticket will originate and end?

I know many foreigners in Phnom Penh for example that haven't even been back to their respective countries for many years and have no desire to do so. For the purposes of applying for a Thai Visa they only need to show an address in Cambodia or Vietnam together with their long-term visas to show that they are permanently resident in one of those countries. 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I really cannot be bothered going round and round with you anymore. You very obviously have all the answers and it all worked out. I just hope people don't rely to heavily on your information.

1 minute ago, Asiantravel said:

Hang on a minute! I think you are missing my point.it has everything to do where you regard is your home.

If a person can show he or she is effectively living full-time in Cambodia or Vietnam that is where the round trip ticket will originate and end?

I know many foreigners in Phnom Penh for example that haven't even been back to their respective countries for many years and have no desire to do so. For the purposes of applying for a Thai Visa they only need to show an address in Cambodia or Vietnam together with their long-term visas to show that they are permanently resident in one of those countries. 

Jeeez! These people are looking for Tourist Visas for Thailand entering from Thailand and not living in Cambodia, Vietnam or even Timbukto. It still boils down to where this round trip actually started.........doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

As I have said good luck and enjoy taking it up with Immigration on whatever they may refuse on. I have a distinct feeling who the winner will be.

I have been refused entry before by the .I.O. in the booth and after speaking to his supervisor, they allowed me in 

• Like 1

Easybook.com hatyai to Penang 359.70THB

That will do me I can just work my way down there slowly by bus I haven't been down south for a few years.

Go across apply for a visa if they say no just come back and get 30 days. Only problem is I will be travelling at Songkran which might be a problem if I want to do a little tour of South Asia

And If I have to change my plans I've only lost 359THB

9 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Jeeez! These people are looking for Tourist Visas for Thailand entering from Thailand and not living in Cambodia, Vietnam or even Timbukto. It still boils down to where this round trip actually started.........doesn't it?

Jeez to you also. I don't understand why you are having such difficulty understanding my point.

I'm saying it's very easy for someone to get a one-year Visa for Cambodia (and you're talking rubbish about  having to show return tickets for that country). If you can show an address in Phnom Penh with your one year Visa that is where the trip starts doesn't it?

Edited by Asiantravel

16 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I really cannot be bothered going round and round with you anymore. You very obviously have all the answers and it all worked out. I just hope people don't rely to heavily on your information.

I certainly wouldn't be relying on your advice :giggle:

3 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

Jeez to you also. I don't understand why you are having such difficulty understanding my point.

I'm saying it's very easy for someone to get a one-year Visa for Cambodia (and you're talking rubbish about  having to show return tickets for that country). If you can show an address in Phnom Penh with your one year Visa that is where the trip starts doesn't it?

Why don't you go and attempt to take another thread off track. I hear your famous for it?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He may have refused to give you a visa because you didnt provide all the documents required .

If you have numerous TVs from the same Embassy, they ask to see more documents,

Yes, for sure, he asked for more documents, that I didn't have, nor did I have the time to go produce them (return travel booked etc) so I attempted to talk around it.  He got the hump, and refused to accept my application for a visa.

I've no doubt that if I'd had the documents, I would've got the visa.  This was one of the 1st reports of Savannakhet requiring this; I made a topic on here afterwards.

I came in on 30 day exempt, IO didnt ask to see anything at the bridge (though I had full document proof ready just in case)

Edited by jonw8uk

7 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Yes...and if he had refused what's the appeal process and what happens next? Speaking to a supervisor isn't an appeals process, far from it.

It is quite that simple .

You just ask for a second opinion from the high ranking guy in the office and he decides there and then .

For them to send you to IDC , they would have to allow you in first , which would defeat the point of them sending you to IDC to appeal, because they would have already allowed you in