Savannakhet SETV

3 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I don't have any Visa Exemption in my passport so according to the new rules I should be ok I think.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes you will be okay if you have none so far.

When I work offshore I had lots and did get questioned why ,by lots I mean 3 years worth .

A - I come to Thailand so much and I told then just come for 1 month to visit my girlfriend and then go back to work,which I did 

B- After a few occasions of this was told next time I come get a visa.

2 minutes ago, juice777 said:

What's a easy Thai consulate?

I have quite a few tourist visas in my passport. I am trying to work this out so I can book a Ticket for when I need my next visa

PM Ubonjoe

He will tell you what ones are easy ,I am not too sure of this.

3 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

if like today 5 people have used 1 of there chances up today as when they got refused they had no option but cross by land and get 30 day exempt visas.

So the only option is to make sure you have all the correct paperwork ,or go to another easy Thai Consulate to get your SETV.

Fact is you could still be refused entry in to Thailand, sent back to Laos and made to fly out.

1 minute ago, paul18620 said:

yes this is also a true FACT they can refuse you but they have to give you a reason why you have been refused entry .

Yes but do you really think it is hard for them to find a problem not to let you back if they choose not too?  I am not saying it will happen but having lots of visas then suddenly no visa sparks the system to life.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Which airline?

After a quick search i found a one way flight from Bangkok to Yangon with Nok Air for 867.75 Baht. It's a promotion. Standard price would be 1456 Baht.

12 minutes ago, juice777 said:

What's a easy Thai consulate?

I have quite a few tourist visas in my passport. I am trying to work this out so I can book a Ticket for when I need my next visa

Best not to go to the same Embassy or Consulate more than 2-3 times .

Penang and Vientiane are quite easy to get visas from .

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Yes but do you really think it is hard for them to find a problem not to let you back if they choose not too?  I am not saying it will happen but having lots of visas then suddenly no visa sparks the system to life.

as the BIB say

Good guys in Bad guys out 

So . A 50 Baht bus ticket from Mukdaham to Savanakhet would be acceptable for a ticket out the Country ?

Acording to the notice but I don't think they would accept that to tell the truth. And even if they did I doubt you can book it 2 months in advance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

So . A 50 Baht bus ticket from Mukdaham to Savanakhet would be acceptable for a ticket out the Country ?

If you take the notes at the consulate word by word. Yes. But this sounds silly if they accept that. Lol.

5 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I do believe that they have to tell you on which grounds they are refusing you entry .

The possible grounds for entry refusal are written somewhere and they must be adhered too 

4 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Acording to the notice but I don't think they would accept that to tell the truth. And even if they did I doubt you can book it 2 months in advance.

You could book it for the follwing week and say you will be leaving next week

2 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Thanks for the Info

Your welcome.

As an alternative we could book a bus ticket to MYAWADDY for 850 Baht.

www.vegatravelbangkok.com/bus-to-myanmar.php

BKK - MYAWADDY 850 - Baht

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do believe that they have to tell you on which grounds they are refusing you entry .

The possible grounds for entry refusal are written somewhere and they must be adhered too 

Too many tourist visas, visa exempt entry's, not enough funds, too long spent on tourist visas in the country (There call on that one) and a suspicion of working illegally here are grounds for refusal. That's before they really get started. As I have said, just be prepared for grief at land borders after a visa refusal.

1 minute ago, juice777 said:

Dose anyone know a website where I can book a bus ticket to Malaysia? Form Pattaya or Bangkok

That way I can try to get a visa there next time or just get 30 days at the border

A bus ticket to Malaysia through south Thailand may be a neat idea now. There might be some option of bus then boat type of service considering this weeks floods. Worth a look for sure

A bus ticket to Malaysia through south Thailand may be a neat idea now. There might be some option of bus then boat type of service considering this weeks floods. Worth a look for sure

Sorry I mean in about 3 months time

8 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Dose anyone know a website where I can book a bus ticket to Malaysia? Form Pattaya or Bangkok

That way I can try to get a visa there next time or just get 30 days at the border

http://www.easybook.com/en-my/bus/booking/thailand-to-kualalumpur

About 470 Baht. Departure from Hat Yay.

From Pattaya to Hat Yay 961 Baht

https://12go.asia/en/travel/hat-yai/pattaya

Edited by alocacoc

6 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Too many tourist visas, visa exempt entry's, not enough funds, too long spent on tourist visas in the country (There call on that one) and a suspicion of working illegally here are grounds for refusal. That's before they really get started. As I have said, just be prepared for grief at land borders after a visa refusal.

There are no rules to the amount of Tourist visas that you can have, so they cannot use that as grounds for refusal .

A mere suspicion of working illegally also isnt grounds for a visa refusal .

As long as you provide all the documents that they ask for, they cannot refuse to give you a visa

There are no rules to the amount of Tourist visas that you can have, so they cannot use that as grounds for refusal .
As long as you provide all the documents that they ask for, they cannot refuse to give you a visa

I thought they could refuse anyone they wanted even if they had a visa. Not saying they do but I thought they could if they wanted to.

Just now, alocacoc said:

http://www.easybook.com/en-my/bus/booking/thailand-to-kualalumpur

But, it seems too cheap. About 470 Baht. Departure from Hat Yay.

If you can prebook a flight from bkk to kl or penang it could save a world of discomfort being on that bus for so many hours. Cost is not very much more for the headaches avoided. Bus from KL to Penang once inside Malaysia is a lot easier than the long ride thru south thailand. Prebooked flights to KL from bkk can be 1200 baht or so if lucky.

• Like 1

Would be an Flight Booking confirmation enough? There are enough travel agencies were issue such a confirmation with the option to cancel it within a specific period of time. I used that to apply a METV in my home country.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The guy checking through applications at Savannakhet didnt agree with that sentiment when I suggested it politely in thai at the window; he just stamped my form as refused - wouldnt even give me my photos back ???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alocacoc said:

Would be an Flight Booking confirmation enough? There are enough travel agencies were issue such a confirmation with the option to cancel it within a specific period of time. I used that to apply a METV in my home country.

Refundable ticket?

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

OK if that is the way you see it then good luck. 
Here is another one which bare in mind, don't effect me but effects people I know.
What is the definition of a 'Round trip ticket'? In the travel world for instance that would be as an example, you start your journey in the UK or say New York on an American or UK Passport to Thailand a round trip ticket then takes you back to where you came from, not on a bus to Malaysia unless of course you then have an onward flight from there. Maybe the definition of this 'Round trip ticket' needs to be clarified if they are intent on pressing this home?....Interesting