Savannakhet SETV

Oh well looks like 2 Visa exemptions for me at the border, then get flight home then get a visa.

I can't be bothered to mess around with all this,

Looks like I will have to tell the owner of my condo I rent I am going home in 7 months he won't be happy as it's money out of his pocket.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

Well you do now in Savannakhet and if you don't show you will get turned away like people did today .

I am just informing people what I seen today so people are aware of the changes as these people complained saying I haven't heard of this before why change the rules ,but as I said before the guy at the window wasn't interested ,he needed the correct paperwork before giving you a ticket so you can go and collect your visa the next day.

Thank you for providing up to date information, I wasnt complaining about anything, I was just stating that having to show any funds for a TV wasnt previously necessary .

BTW, how much funds did they require you to have ?

Dose the plane ticket have to be within the 60 days or 90 days. I might get a ticket for 90 days after my visa runs out. Maybe to Savannakhet lol.

Also whats the best place for me to get a visa after quite a few in my passport

Hong Kong or Penang or somewhere in Vietnam?

I might book a ticket today

And dose anyone know if the budget Airlines do a refund? just in case I change my mind and go home.

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thank you for providing up to date information, I wasnt complaining about anything, I was just stating that having to show any funds for a TV wasnt previously necessary .

BTW, how much funds did they require you to have ?

20,000 Bhat and 40,000 if your a couple ,but even though you had the monies on you ,they still wanted to see bank statement as well .

I didn't mean to sound nasty towards you  and say you was complaining ,the people who got turned away was complaining about the rule changes ,since it was so easy before ,that no questions was every asked and that you had to show certain things like you have to do now.

Edited by paul18620

8 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Dose the plane ticket have to be within the 60 days or 90 days. I might get a ticket for 90 days after my visa runs out. Maybe to Savannakhet lol.

If its going to be the same guy at the window that was there today ,I am sure he wouldn't find that funny at all.

Just now, paul18620 said:

20,000 Bhat and 40,000 if your a couple 

I didn't mean to sound nasty towards you  and say you was complaining ,the people who got turned away was complaining about the rule changes ,since it was so easy before ,that no questions was every asked and that you had to show certain things like you have to do now.

In all due respects, it isn't a new rule. The rule has always been there but now like a lot of things, it's being applied. Thailand isn't quite a do as you like country anymore. It's a shame Europe never did the same.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Also whats the best place for me to get a visa after quite a few in my passport

Hong Kong or Penang or somewhere in Vietnam?

I might book a ticket today

And dose anyone know if the budget Airlines do a refund? just in case I change my mind and go home.

No, budget tickets are not refundable, if you buy a fully flexible airline ticket, these usually are refundable.

Penang is good for tourist visas, although after being refused in savannakhet once, wherever I apply in the future, I will have all these proofs available.

Why chance it?

For what time period are they asking to see bank information in Savannaket? Is it for the previous 2 months? Am assuming they are not asking all applicants for SETV in Vientiane for bank info but perhaps those who are asking for a 4th SETV from there? It seems people will get the warning stamp after the 3rd SETV from Vientiane or Penang triggering request for extra infos if applying at either place again.

Edited by Essecola
spelling

No, budget tickets are not refundable, if you buy a fully flexible airline ticket, these usually are refundable.

Penang is good for tourist visas, although after being refused in savannakhet once, wherever I apply in the future, I will have all these proofs available.

Why chance it?

Dose that include tax

3 minutes ago, Essecola said:

For what time period are they asking to see bank information in Savannaket? Is it for the previous 2 months? Am assuming they are not asking all applicants for SETV in Vientiane for bank info but perhaps those who are asking for a 4th SETV from there? It seems people will get the warning stamp after the 3rd SETV from Vientiane or Penang triggering request for extra infos if applying at either place again.

as long as its up to date and you have more than 20,000 bhat in the account you will be fine .

I went to the bank yesterday to update the passbook and he accepted that ,you need photo copy on the last page with entries and the front page with your name and account number on it .

8 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Read post #2 - it is a requirement for a Tourist visa application at Savannakhet.  It's pretty clear

For bank statement, a single page showing current balance

Edited by jonw8uk

does anyone think that this is a temporary stipulation by Thai immigration? Maybe after Feb 28 when they start charging for setv again they will become more easily available again.

Just now, nard said:

does anyone think that this is a temporary stipulation by Thai immigration? Maybe after Feb 28 when they start charging for setv again they will become more easily available again.

I am sure lots of people will wish this ,that it goes back to being easy as it was before ,but I doubt it very much if this guy is now in charge as when I went before it was a female and she was easy to deal with, this guy isn't.

1 minute ago, juice777 said:

I think I will try a bus ticket then if it don't work I will just get 60 days at the border. Then decide what to do next.

If the poster at the consulate says a bus ticket, then it will be ok - whats the price of a international bus ticket compared to an airasia ticket to anywhere?

3 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I think I will try a bus ticket then if it don't work I will just get 60 days at the border. Then decide what to do next.

you will only get 30 days exempt at the border and you can extend this by 30 days 

and you can only do land border crossing  2 times per year as well since they changed this.

If the poster at the consulate says a bus ticket, then it will be ok - whats the price of a international bus ticket compared to an airasia ticket to anywhere?

I just looked on any Asia for flights to penang and the day I want to go was about 2600THB.

5 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

And depending on your history, be prepared for all eventuality's at a land crossing. 

if like today 5 people have used 1 of there chances up today as when they got refused they had no option but cross by land and get 30 day exempt visas.

So the only option is to make sure you have all the correct paperwork ,or go to another easy Thai Consulate to get your SETV.

Edited by paul18620

7 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I just looked on any Asia for flights to penang and the day I want to go was about 2600THB.

You dont have to use the ticket ya know?

I found bkk - burma for around 600b

• Like 1

if like today 5 people have used 1 of there chances up today as when they got refused they had no option but cross by land and get 30 day exempt visas.
So the only option is to make sure you have all the correct paperwork ,or go to another easy Thai Consulate so get your SETV.

What's a easy Thai consulate?

I have quite a few tourist visas in my passport. I am trying to work this out so I can book a Ticket for when I need my next visa