If Thai lady marrys in oz can she still buy or own land in Thailand

2 hours ago, gadget monger said:

WARNING!

Your Thai lady will buy land in her name with your money, you as a Farang cannot buy land.  When she had enough of you, she would kick you off her land and there is nothing you can do about it....

Yep that's the Thai way but after they learn the Auss laws they have the Government to help them do that & there is also nothing you can do about that after buying a house 

Im also legally married to a Thai under thai law who took my last name (on ID card & passport) & would never of got married in Auss even though there maybe some link between the 2 countries , but would still make it very hard for the Auss side

My Thai wife also holds Australian Citizenship and has bought several blocks of land and has included my name using the User Fruc provision when the transfer is made

We have never experienced any problems at two different Land Department offices

14 hours ago, Phuketboy said:

There is no need to give up her Thai citizenship when she marries someone from Australia or the UK and would be crazy to do so.  I am both an Australian and UK citizen.  My daughter has both Thai and Australian (she could of had Thai and UK if she wanted) and my wife is in the middle of getting her Australian which will give her both as well (she also could have gone the other way and got her UK citizenship).  You would be crazy to give up the citizenship of your birth country.    

Exactly!

5 hours ago, gadget monger said:

WARNING!

Your Thai lady will buy land in her name with your money, you as a Farang cannot buy land.  When she had enough of you, she would kick you off her land and there is nothing you can do about it....

This WILL only a stupid farang BELIEVE!!!! Everyone with brain who check out his options will find out that him own 50% of the house and land.

7 hours ago, HHTel said:

Absolutely untrue.  As already said, the document you sign at the land office is not worth the paper it's written on.  Not accepted in any court of the land.  Marital laws on property, i.e. sin som ros , is the relevant law.

Wife & i (married legally ) bought house through developer paying installments property still in developers name) then when final payment paid & transfer fee we put it in our sons name all at the same time at the Amphur & i still had to sign that Samrose Document

14 hours ago, lungnorm said:

Well she has bought 3 small plots of farmland over the years after she gained Australian citizenship, don't ask me how but she did. Maybe she bought it in her father or sisters names I do not know. I do know she bought them after gaining Australian citizenship.

She can have dual citizenship. Its only if she took Oz citizenship and denounced her Thai citizenship that she will be deemed a foreigner. Even if she did denounce her Thai citizenship she can claim it back again later on because she was born in Thailand. 

20 hours ago, HHTel said:

Absolutely untrue.  As already said, the document you sign at the land office is not worth the paper it's written on.  Not accepted in any court of the land.  Marital laws on property, i.e. sin som ros , is the relevant law.

It is true,  I didn't say anything about being legal, I said this is what the document says.