Butt naked farang lets the western side down in Pai!

webfact

22 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Thanks for the education. Tell that to all Facebook pages. However, it wrong to stand naked swimming or taking a bath where other people can se you and take offense. You just can´t change anything on that point.

Normal people knoe how to behave, and that man just ain´t one of them. Just the kind of people we don´t need here.

No, the thing you can't change is that it is wrong to be offended by the sight of someone's body, that is just plain lunacy,

And, do you think all Facebook pages contain pictures taken and posted without the persons permission?  Mine certainly doesn't!  It would quite odd indeed to go snapping and posting pics of strangers, wouldn't it?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/11/2017 at 6:24 AM, LomSak27 said:

"He said: "And that is not all. Some foreigners are walking down the main street in Pai in bikinis. I know it is a tourist area but there are temples all around there."

:D

Tourist season is here and what do Thai's love above all other things. To feel outrage, to believe someone somewhere is disrespecting Thailand, to join together in righteous indignation and loathing egged on by the media and all three political parties that have held office since 1997. It’s a national sport and so much fun !!

And where will this all lead to ... basically tourists get tired of it and stop coming, tourists numbers fall and the TAT has to try and find new tourists. Hmm, Maybe under some rocks in Greenland …

Before our resident Troll teamers joins the fray to denounce low life tourists and the disrespect,  my country has the same tourists and they do stupid things, however the media does not ram it on the television and the front pages of papers and internet. It is generally thought that other news is more important than what numbnuts are doing on vacation.

Until Thailand realizes this fact, tourist numbers will continue to drop - my bet is it is too much fun too stop and thai culture gets too much milage on finding disrespect to put the brakes on it. 

"TAT has to try and find new tourists."  That has never been a problem! Just ask all the bar and hotel owners in the tourist resorts how they were  totally underwhelmed last year! TAT just puts the statistics %'s up a couple of notches, and everything's hunky dory again - for the people who aren't involved in trying to make a living from the tourist trade!)

On 1/11/2017 at 9:29 AM, sabaii69 said:

The term 'Butt naked' is incorrect although his butt was indeed naked as was the rest of him. The correct term is 'buck naked'. 

Depending on what variation of English you speak, UK, US, Canada, Aussie, New Zealand. All correct but all different.

Edited by duanebigsby

7 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Depending on what variation of English you speak, UK, US, Canada, Aursie, New Zealand. All correct but all different.

There we go, sexism again, what about the woman ? pussy naked anyone ?

Oh I am being so PC today i could hug myself to bits and still have some left over.

Edited by soalbundy

6 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Sorry to ruin your laugh, but I said in most countries, you might note that paparazzi photos do not come from all countries, that is because of their laws, counties such as Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Japan, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, and many many more, do not allow the publishing of a picture taken in a public place without the persons consent, in fact in many countries it is illegal even to take a picture without consent.  And this is assuming that this incident happened on public land, had it of been private property then even more countries would forbid the pictures being published.

Not true for Canada. If it is taken in public and deemed newsworthy, you can publish, which includes random photos of celebrities '

15 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Not true for Canada. If it is taken in public and deemed newsworthy, you can publish, which includes random photos of celebrities '

And in the actual case we were talking about, sneakily taking picture of a couple washing in a river?  Would that be "deemed newsworthy" or would that be voyeurism?

The people who complained are the sick people, sick in their mind.

There is nothing wrong with people who want to walk about naked. I would think it is normal to do so, especially if you need to get more Vitamin D3 from the sun.

Look at the yogis in India they wear only loin cloth with their buttocks exposed nobody thinks that is obscene. I think they look beautiful and natural.

Perhaps the Thais are influenced by Mark Twain when he said, "Clothes make the man, a naked man has no influence on the society".

I hope to see people wearing only loin clothes pushing their trolleys in supermarket in Thailand, if that happens I know Thailand has indeed improved spiritually and mentally more matured than it was before.

Is something bad about your body, ugly? dirty? beautiful? If the Thais really understand the advance Buddhist teaching called "Abhidharma" they will not be bothered with this problem. Buddha's teaching has come to nothing in Thailand, so sad.

There is nothing wrong with people who want to walk about naked. I would think it is normal to do so, especially if you need to get more Vitamin D3 from the sun.
Look at the yogis in India they wear only loin cloth with their buttocks exposed nobody thinks that is obscene. I think they look beautiful and natural.
Perhaps the Thais are influenced by Mark Twain when he said, "Clothes make the man, a naked man has no influence on the society".
I hope to see people wearing only loin clothes pushing their trolleys in supermarket in Thailand, if that happens I know Thailand has indeed improved spiritually and mentally more matured than it was before.
Is something bad about your body, ugly? dirty? beautiful? If the Thais really understand the advance Buddhist teaching called "Abhidharma" they will not be bothered with this problem. Buddha's teaching has come to nothing in Thailand, so sad.

When the cops arrest you in Tesco try explaining that to them, I'm sure they will have heard of Mark Twain.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

7 hours ago, madusa said:

While I am not considered a prude at all been to sauna's in my home coutry I would hate to see people only wearing loin clothes walking around everywhere. It might be nice to see a sexy girl dressed like that, but i certainly would not want to see the majority of people like that. I am all for nude people on designated places and so on. Nothing wrong with nudism, encountered it a lot when on holiday in France. 

They complain about farangs being naked or in bikini but never complain about farang money. 

If they have a problem with it, then they should do more to attract more civilized tourist from mainland China, India and the Middle-East.

No need to worry about those tourist being nude or in bikinis.

I hate prudes!

On 1/10/2017 at 6:24 PM, LomSak27 said:

"He said: "And that is not all. Some foreigners are walking down the main street in Pai in bikinis. I know it is a tourist area but there are temples all around there."

:D

Tourist season is here and what do Thai's love above all other things. To feel outrage, to believe someone somewhere is disrespecting Thailand, to join together in righteous indignation and loathing egged on by the media and all three political parties that have held office since 1997. It’s a national sport and so much fun !!

And where will this all lead to ... basically tourists get tired of it and stop coming, tourists numbers fall and the TAT has to try and find new tourists. Hmm, Maybe under some rocks in Greenland …

Before our resident Troll teamers joins the fray to denounce low life tourists and the disrespect,  my country has the same tourists and they do stupid things, however the media does not ram it on the television and the front pages of papers and internet. It is generally thought that other news is more important than what numbnuts are doing on vacation.

Until Thailand realizes this fact, tourist numbers will continue to drop - my bet is it is too much fun too stop and thai culture gets too much milage on finding disrespect to put the brakes on it. 

Many years ago, when I was still fit and handsome, my boyfriend and I stopped in Galveston on the way back from a visit to my father's house in Center Point, Texas, northwest of San Antonio.  We spent the night there prepared to continue on to Kentucky the next morning.  We discovered that there was a "nude beach" up the road from Galveston and decided to check it out.  We had so much fun at this secret place we decided to stay another three days  before going home.  It was a wonderful vacation for us, the feeling of freedom, no worries, no clothes, just miles of primitive beach and ocean surf.  What I am trying to express is that for some people, nudity is part of a wonderful time on holiday.  It is neither good nor bad but does, in fact, contribute to a state of mind for some of Thailand's visitors.  As long as it stays quiet and hidden maybe it could be tolerated.

Edited by billmichael
Forgot the word "a" in a sentence.

• 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:08 AM, FritsSikkink said:

No I am saying don't be a prat and dress to the occasion. Are you walking in a bikini in the middle of New York, London or Paris?

By the way, they were not in the middle of Paris but in a holiday, touristic place and in the water ! I'm sure they would dress appropriately in the middle of a big city like New-York, etc...

Maybe you and the resort owner would have liked they go with full dresses, t-shirt and pants into the water (like many thais and asian do) ? What a crap !

1 hour ago, cedel said:

By the way, they were not in the middle of Paris but in a holiday, touristic place and in the water ! I'm sure they would dress appropriately in the middle of a big city like New-York, etc...

Maybe you and the resort owner would have liked they go with full dresses, t-shirt and pants into the water (like many thais and asian do) ? What a crap !

They were in a river, shouldn't be in there to start with.