Official launch of Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry delayed, departure times changed

webfact

On 11-1-2017 at 10:17 AM, Brer Fox said:

Why does this company have a Facebook page rather than a Webpage? What about those tourists and travellers who would like to access the information via the internet but for whatever reason are not Facebook members? Is there a Webpage and if there is does anyone have the link please.

I see now a tidal wildcard been thrown into the timetable. I must have missed mention of that one before.

Facebook is FREE !

Website makmak expensive !!!

21 hours ago, JSixpack said:

My point is that it "really" IS, and that's what should be reassuring to any potential ferry passenger, except perhaps to Ferry Operator WhizBang, who doesn't find it a good business model. ;) It doesn't actually matter WHY it is. If you did know why, then what exactly would you do with that information?

You don't know the concerns of ANY other transport operators. You might give us the stats for Bell Travel or Roong Reuang Coach, since they're close to home. It's a silly fallacy to assume that no transport operator can differ from any other.

So that's merely stereotypical nonsense. But you could probably figure out for yourself, if you wanted to, that the operator of van service, for example, has far less to lose from a van accident than a ferry operator from a ferry boat sinking. And so?

Jsixpack if you take the ferry...For your sake I hope your a strong

swimmer...

8 hours ago, Nigeone said:

These type of boat is not the best for rough weather and waves.! Obviously when it all calms down it will be fine but it's  not a good sea boat! Not sure if it has stabilizers on this one but even if it has sometimes with wind direction ,tide etc sometimes you can't use them . I don't know how's rough it gets there but where I live we have one of these be it bigger ! but seas are rougher ! It often doesn't sail due to sea conditions . It's a bad choice of boat to be honest 

What makes you say that? As far as I could see, it's a twin hull farry so should be relatively stable and better wave penetration. also less need for stabilisers.

Catamarans actually perform better in head seas compared to monohulls. The secret is in the tunnel. The air is trapped in between the tunnel and the water creating a cushion of air for the boat to ride on giving you the best ride around.

Edited by Alan Deer

56 minutes ago, Alan Deer said:

What makes you say that? As far as I could see, it's a twin hull farry so should be relatively stable and better wave penetration. also less need for stabilisers.

Catamarans actually perform better in head seas compared to monohulls. The secret is in the tunnel. The air is trapped in between the tunnel and the water creating a cushion of air for the boat to ride on giving you the best ride around.

I'm sorry but have to disagree about this boat .. You hit any of the nails on the head !! Performs better in head seas. While I don't agree with you with performance against a traditional keel design how often will it have head seas ??  ! also as it's made to ride as such it wallows between troughs etc..depending on wave pattern of course. I am spoiled!!! As travel Irish Sea on one of these regularly and it's not good !! The ride comfort when rough is very bad!! 

On 1/13/2017 at 7:53 AM, lvr181 said:

Mine is assumptive reasoning the same as your original comments. And comparing a van operator to a ferry operator is a proportionate comparison only. Loss of profit is still inherent in both cases!

No assumption involved on my part. The operator is delaying the schedule because of threatening tidal conditions. Is that safer than risking the boat and passengers by embarking anyway? Unquestionably. Better business model? Of course, except for at least one of our ace TVF Ferry Operators. Proportionate comparison is totally valid and applicable to business risks and costs, as so many of our old pensioners discover in the health insurance market. But you haven't shown us how Bell Travel or Roong Reuang right here in the neighborhood have no concern for safety either. :whistling: End of line?

Edited by JSixpack