Internet is hunting for man who gave Udon Thani ducks yantra tattoo

webfact

Internet is hunting for man who gave Udon Thani ducks yantra tattoo

By Coconuts Bangkok 

duck_6.jpg

Photo: 1132 Udoncity Hotline/Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Udon Thani netizens are enraged after a vandal drew yantra tattoos on their city’s famous rubber ducks with a marker.

The giant rubber duck and her little ducklings, obviously inspired by Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman’s work, have been a tourist highlight for Udon Thani and a major selfie stop for tourists since 2013. So when someone decided to doodle on them, Udon netizens demanded justice for their province’s symbols.

Facebook page 1132 Udon City Hotline published Jan. 4 CCTV footage of Nong Prajak Silpakorn Park, where the ducks are displayed.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/01/11/internet-hunting-man-who-gave-udon-thani-ducks-yantra-tattoo

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-01-11

7 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

"famous rubber ducks" "tourist highlight for Udon Thani" .... There must be little else worth of interest in that one-buffalo town. :coffee1:

As for that Dutch "artist" .... :saai: The less said, the better. 

There must be a reason why mainly Asians pay big money to have his ducks in their harbours. Except the Thai i guess, they just do copy copy and even brag about it. Now wait untill he hears about that.

The PM  should make it No.1 priority to get to the bottom  of this crucial issue of duck desecration. He has proven himself a master of the important things in life. Like footpaths for walking, bicycle tracks and lotto regulations. 

Udon Thani netizens are enraged 

They're fickle lot these netizens

How long before a group of  netizens are outraged about  netizens being outraged

Kidnap, enslave and murder, and you don't hear as much as a quack. but draw on a duck and your goose is cooked

14 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

The PM  should make it No.1 priority to get to the bottom  of this crucial issue of duck desecration. He has proven himself a master of the important things in life. Like footpaths for walking, bicycle tracks and lotto regulations. 

I think i'm not allowed to put the link here but BKK-post has the video of the man writing on the ducks.  Believe it or not but those ducks are under constant video surveillance.

He is not a farang i can tell which is great news. I dare to go out again now but will stay far away from the markers in the bookstore, you never know.

Maybe the local netizens are right in crying Fowl and getting in a flap about the defiling of their ducks and are justified in giving the culprit a roasting on the internet.

Or maybe their splashing around isn't worth getting stewed up about.

Eider way, a gander at some of the replies has generated some interesting food for thought.

If the culprit is caught before legging it and is put up before the beak maybe they'll get their just desserts. Instead of winging it with some half cocked defence perhaps the culprit will make a clean breast of it and admit all with the illegal use of the Pen.

Hopefully they won't end up doing bird for this half baked act resulting in such a heinous crime........