Chinese New Year

rott

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

It's 500 in top pocket now so l'm told, Thai inflation l guess. :whistling:

I bow to your superior knowledge. No comment on the so I'm told bit.

500bt I don't want a new wife. Will stick to the 50bt, it's only a tip anyway.

H/M. K.P.P.

Fred to locals.

1 hour ago, kelboy said:

Will be over KP next week for fishing I you want to lose some more money H M?

Assume that you will be going to the usual place K/B, give me a call and I'll pop along to show you how it's done.

Might that's only a might do some fishing myself.

Only hope that you catch bigger fish than Barry did last time he came.

H/M K.P.P.

Fred to locals.

On 06/02/2017 at 10:49 AM, fredob43 said:

He was the one that suggested the Vipa House. 

Had to comment.

Without doubt, the worst hotel in Thailand. Dirty rooms, no decoration, un hygenic fridge, filthy bathroom, cockroaches and ants tatty towels and sheets the list goes on. And all for the privilege of paying some 1,100 baht per day.

Just look at some of the tourist photos on Trip Adviser, not the hotel ones, the tourist ones. They are eye openers.

The front desk sells tours and organises taxis at 50% above normal rate and the management could not give a toss about anyone.

We had to pay up front for a week and checked out after two days. It took a one hour argument to get a small refund. I would steer clear of this hell hole.

8 hours ago, Flustered said:

Had to comment.

Without doubt, the worst hotel in Thailand. Dirty rooms, no decoration, un hygenic fridge, filthy bathroom, cockroaches and ants tatty towels and sheets the list goes on. And all for the privilege of paying some 1,100 baht per day.

Just look at some of the tourist photos on Trip Adviser, not the hotel ones, the tourist ones. They are eye openers.

The front desk sells tours and organises taxis at 50% above normal rate and the management could not give a toss about anyone.

We had to pay up front for a week and checked out after two days. It took a one hour argument to get a small refund. I would steer clear of this hell hole.

I didn't find it anything like you did. Clean spotless rooms fresh sheets towels everyday no holes all looked new. Staff were great in fact first rate. Even the TV had a good selection of programs. 

And it's not 1.100bt a day their top price is 800bt going down to 600 in the low season. Sorry if you had a bad time but I had a great one.

Have also seen trip advisor, most peeps rate the place fine. There are must admit some moaners as normal but more better reports than bad ones. It's a guest house not a 5* hotel.

Must also admit that the view from my window wasn't great but at less than 800bt a night you get what you pay for.

I do try and be constructive with my posts and can only speak as I find.

Never do I put things in looking through rose tinted glasses. Would I stay again well Yes if I'm ever that way. N/B. If I was with my Wife and family no as would want a bigger hotel with pool, But with the lads for a fishing trip like this it's suits fine.

9 hours ago, Flustered said:

Had to comment.

Well I have stayed there 3 times and everything was ok .My room has never been dirty and the staff were very helpful. If you want a luxury hotel then pay for it because the vipa house is a budget hotel. :passifier:

4 minutes ago, kelboy said:

Well I have stayed there 3 times and everything was ok .My room has never been dirty and the staff were very helpful. If you want a luxury hotel then pay for it because the vipa house is a budget hotel. :passifier:

If I remember correctly you do get preferential treatment K/B. Well you did this time, didn't you get a pretty wooden key fob that allows you to have the Aircon: on all day. Where I had to have to put up with a plastic one that turned everything off when you left the room.

I'm picking the Hotel next time.

Whenever I checked into a room with one of those cards to control the aircon attached to the king ring I always removed the key from the thing and left it in the thingy so that the aircon remained on.  I know, they actually weld the key ring on some so that you can't remove the key, but when there's a will, there's a way!:stoner:

34 minutes ago, wayned said:

Whenever I checked into a room with one of those cards to control the aircon attached to the king ring I always removed the key from the thing and left it in the thingy so that the aircon remained on.  I know, they actually weld the key ring on some so that you can't remove the key, but when there's a will, there's a way!:stoner:

I also normally do the same Wayne. This time didn't need to as the last thing one wanted was to put the AirCon: on, a tad to cold for that. We are talking of C/Mai winter time. Fan was ample. Why I complained was that I didn't get the option as others did.

But taking solace in the fact that H/M was on a lower floor (No lift) so not all that bad. Still would have liked a Pretty Thai carved wooden key fob though. One doesn't do plastic.

H/M. K.P.P.

Fred to locals.

3 hours ago, wayned said:

Yep just need the use of a lighter in most cases which l carry in my bag. :biggrin:

7 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry if you had a bad time but I had a great one.

Have also seen trip advisor, most peeps rate the place fine. There are must admit some moaners as normal but more better reports than bad ones. It's a guest house not a 5* hotel.

I guess it's how the staff are on the day or perhaps they have changed owners.

Trip Advisor gives 4 Ex, 7 VG, 3 Average and 4 terrible.

Just look at those photos of the room by a customer. They tell a thousand words.

We paid for the "top" room on the first floor and basically were ripped off. They must have had a bad week and just took it out on us.

1 hour ago, Flustered said:

I guess it's how the staff are on the day or perhaps they have changed owners.

Trip Advisor gives 4 Ex, 7 VG, 3 Average and 4 terrible.

Just look at those photos of the room by a customer. They tell a thousand words.

We paid for the "top" room on the first floor and basically were ripped off. They must have had a bad week and just took it out on us.

That's 14 against 4. So not to bad a good average. It is after all a guest house and one expects some that won't like the basic set up.

Ok the rooms are as stated basic but at least they are big with all the amenities you need for a stay. TV, big fridge (Clean) in my case, large queen size bed, air con: fan, shower bits shampoo, shower gel, thank Buddha in my case as I had left mine back in K.P.Phet + the usual free water.

I did see when I looked at Trip/A that some complained that there wasn't any shower curtain.

Must point out that Thais have wet rooms so no need for shower curtain.

Also service was lacking with getting a hot coffee/drinks in the morning.

I did time this point, and it took just over a Min: to get a freshly brewed hot cupper when I ordered. You won't get better service in any place. Also came with a big Thai smile. 

Don't think they have changed owners some old snaps still show the same staff.

I did speak to many peeps that were staying there when we were there. 

One group Husband and Wife with friends for 3 months. They had a daughter living in C/M & they seemed more than happy with the set up. They did come from the EU & not the UK so that might account for it. 

You might have been unlucky but I can assure you that all was well when we went 2 weeks ago.

Could be that they have pulled their finger out since you went and are trying harder. Who knows. TIT.

Best of luck with your future stays. Albeit at a different place.

Tip give the Boss suites a miss in Pattaya that's if you ever go. That is the pit's.

Edited by fredob43

It was the tea and coffee that were the last straw.

They advertise a kettle in the room. There are none......The disinterested manager (young overweight guy) said "no kettle...we make for you" and they did, he wanted 100 baht for a cup of tea and a coffee.

We would awake in the morning to the view of cockroaches having a shower and ants crawling all over the basin. The towels looked as if they had been used to clean shoes with and when the maid finally arrived to clean the room, all she did was empty the bin and shake the bed sheet. That's it, no sweeping, no polishing. We could not wait to leave. Oh yes, the hotel was almost empty and it was Chinese New Year 2015.....Word must have got round.

The tour desk girl wanted 4,200 baht for a car to Chiang Rai but the local taxi company only wanted 3,000 baht and the car would be for the day if we wanted to go anywhere else as well.

I think they may have realised that people were complaining and as you say, pulled their finger out. In his case, he needs someone to stick it in.

Edited by Flustered

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, Flustered said:

It was the tea and coffee that were the last straw.

They advertise a kettle in the room. There are none......The disinterested manager (young overweight guy) said "no kettle...we make for you" and they did, he wanted 100 baht for a cup of tea and a coffee.

We would awake in the morning to the view of cockroaches having a shower and ants crawling all over the basin. The towels looked as if they had been used to clean shoes with and when the maid finally arrived to clean the room, all she did was empty the bin and shake the bed sheet. That's it, no sweeping, no polishing. We could not wait to leave. Oh yes, the hotel was almost empty and it was Chinese New Year 2015.....Word must have got round.

The tour desk girl wanted 4,200 baht for a car to Chiang Rai but the local taxi company only wanted 3,000 baht and the car would be for the day if we wanted to go anywhere else as well.

I think they may have realised that people were complaining and as you say, pulled their finger out. In his case, he needs someone to stick it in.

Sorry for the late reply have been busy.

Looks like your time there was at best rough.

Comment on kettle coffee thing as you said they had advertised that there was one so there should have been.

I always take a small kettle and tea bags +++ wherever I go, saves any agro.

Looks like they have reduced some of their prices a tad, Coffee was 45bt when we went. You pointed out that this was 2 years ago, thing's do change looks like this time for the better.

Regards the lady outside that sold trips the hotel is nothing to do with her she's freelance. So cant blame them for that. Tip always check around for the best deals.

Fat manager wasn't about maybe he's got the push. Only had nice female staff all very helpful and always with a smile.

Must admit that if I had had cockroaches using my shower I would have complained big time & moved out as well cant stand bloody freeloaders.