Dont come thai consulate in savanakhet today 12 january 2017

Hey guy just to advice you. If you want to make new visa here the consulate is closed tomorow  friday 13 January so  you need to stay here until monday for pick up your visa , happend to me right now  

and when i ask tourist visa ´ i just have one inside the passport ask for a bank statement and i no have but lucky i got thaichild so i take non 0 single entry  but be careful if you want to ask for'tourist visa 

Edited by thai006

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you have gotten your days mixed up. The 14th is on Saturday (children's day here).

No holidays are shown on the calendar until February 13th.

Have a look at Vientiane's calendar here. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/embassy/calendar.php

tomorow will close  like someone come there so i m stuck there until monday

4 minutes ago, thai006 said:

They write on a paper  in the desk like tomorow friday 13 the consulate will close for a internal function  so need to wait untik monday here 

I am surprised they did not do the visa today. In the past when they had a unscheduled closure they issued the visas on the same day of application.

• Like 1

Also I seen quite a few people refused Tourist visas yesterday,I'm not sure if it was over bank books as the one girl that spoke to me when she was refused she said it was as she had no bank book,I told her to come back with 20000b cash but I'm unsure if she was successful afterwards,

I spoke to another guy at the hotel this morning and he said everyone that applied for tourist visas yesterday was refused,

I can't say for sure but it looks like they are cracking down on border run vans.

1 hour ago, DerekMc said:

Also I seen quite a few people refused Tourist visas yesterday,I'm not sure if it was over bank books as the one girl that spoke to me when she was refused she said it was as she had no bank book,I told her to come back with 20000b cash but I'm unsure if she was successful afterwards,

I spoke to another guy at the hotel this morning and he said everyone that applied for tourist visas yesterday was refused,

I can't say for sure but it looks like they are cracking down on border run vans.

there is no crackdown on border run vans, because no company go to Savannakhet, they ask for bank statement and not cash.

SETV Savannakhet.jpg

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am surprised they did not do the visa today. In the past when they had a unscheduled closure they issued the visas on the same day of application.

they not like to work for free.

It is a Consulate and they have to fund themselves, hence they sold the useless triple entry tourist visa in the past with a validity three month. 

Edited by visarunner

22 minutes ago, visarunner said:

they not like to work for free.

It is a Consulate and they have to fund themselves, hence they sold the useless triple entry tourist visa in the past with a validity three month. 

They are a official consulate and get funding from the MFA for their operations. The only source of income for honorary consulates is from visa fees.

3 hours ago, DerekMc said:

From the reports over the last few days cash is not accepted, only bank statements

Edited by darrendsd

37 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

Yes this is correct ONLY bank statements as I was there yesterday no cash accepted even if you show 20,000 bhat they don't care.

Yet a friend was in HCMC on Monday applying for a SETV and they accepted cash as a way of the 20k, different rules at different places

7 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Yet a friend was in HCMC on Monday applying for a SETV and they accepted cash as a way of the 20k, different rules at different places

I saw a poster saying they refused to give him the pictures back even though they refused the visa. They also seem to keep the copies of everything so maybe an information gathering exercise for future reference. Who knows?

Also today at Savanakhet this morning there was many refusals for Tourist Visa ,maybe for future reference people should go elsewhere to obtain Tourist Visa as when they get refused they have to use up 1 of 2 land border crossings per year.

Until it has been reported things are not so strict there.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by paul18620