Leaky Phuket domestic terminal pictures go viral

webfact

Leaky Phuket domestic terminal pictures go viral

Phuket Gazette 

pkt1.jpeg          

Buckets have been placed under the leaky spots of the terminal to catch water dripping onto the walkway. Photo: Facebook page

PHUKET: -- Pictures of plastic buckets put in place to collect water leaking from the roof of Phuket International Airport were posted on social media yesterday.

A Facebook page titled Siang Prachachon Khon Phuket shared a post with the caption: “This is the condition of the walkway at Phuket International Airport. There are holes in the roof and water is leaking everywhere. We request authorities to take swift action as this is not good for Phuket’s reputation.”

Within a 24-hour period, the post had been shared, liked and commented on thousands of times.

Airport Director Monrudee Gettuphan explained that these pictures were taken from the old terminal. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Leaky-Phuket-domestic-terminal-pictures-go-viral/66117?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-01-12

25 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

Typical Thai answer,these pics were from the old terminal.so everything is ok now.the whole of this country is built with duct tape,silicone sealant and super glue.

Errr, no- he didn't say everything was OK- he explained what the problem was. Its in the old terminal which is currently being renovated to become the new DOMESTIC TERMINAL. There are bound to be issues when things are re-routed and refurbished, especially given some of the worst rainfal in the south in 30 years.

No leaky roofs in Udon ? Plenty of chippy shoulders though- off you go to la la land.

4 hours ago, The man from udon said:

The time to fix a roof is when the sun is shining (j.f.kennedy) come to think of it your a little ray of sunshine (psimbo).

Oh but, my Thai friend would say 'The Sun is out so no need to fix the leak'. Ha!

16 hours ago, thurien said:

" We request authorities to take swift action as this is not good for Phuket’s reputation"

strange...I always wondered whether Phuket has a reputation at all, and if so: what for?

Phuket, and the Phuket forum, have a reputation for collecting strange little followers who seem drawn to breathlessly devour every little event that happens here, and to make trite, and rather sad, comments expressing their dislike of the Province.

We all have places in the world we dislike, and will never again travel to, but it is a very strange character who has the need to stalk a destination in the way many posters do here.

20 hours ago, The man from udon said:

The time to fix a roof is when the sun is shining (j.f.kennedy) come to think of it your a little ray of sunshine (psimbo).

Not true. How do you find the leak?

I have always had a repairman come around during torrential rain so that the leak location can be identified.

Most leaks are nowhere near the site of the dripping as the water runs along girders first.

21 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Errr, no- he didn't say everything was OK- he explained what the problem was. Its in the old terminal which is currently being renovated to become the new DOMESTIC TERMINAL. There are bound to be issues when things are re-routed and refurbished, especially given some of the worst rainfal in the south in 30 years.

No leaky roofs in Udon ? Plenty of chippy shoulders though- off you go to la la land.

Nothing new here..........plastic buckets are the norm in Jungceylon after some rains and have been for years now!!

i have the same buckets in my kitchen in the house I rent from my Thai landlords.

they always call after a big rain storm to make sure the ceiling has not collapsed.

i send them photos of the ever growing discolored hole in the ceiling

I am not kidding. :cheesy:

I don't really care and my landlords are very nice people and the rent is really cheap and it does not rain that much in Hua Hin.

and for the record, my buckets are not pink.

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

"We can't fix the roof while it is raining, and when it is not raining, the roof doesn't need fixing"

Wonderful.............Thai logic at its best.

And for the record I have seen various receptacles in that terminal in recent years, so it is not a recent event despite what the authorities would have us believe!