yellow TamBan?

About all its good for is a substitute for certificate of residence . Also if the wife owns the house and your caught dipping the noodle , she cant  just toss you out the front door . But you might not want to stay there anyway .........

• Like 2

As above mainly have used it numerous times as proof of residence. No more little long trips and long waits for a cert of residence at immigration. Found WP worked at a few places but seems most like yellow tabien.  But the more you have the easier things get. Plus you start the ball rolling for if you want citizenship as you get a unique number which is also on ID card and now after renewal DL. All eggs in one basket job.

With yellow thabian baan you can get the pink ID card, which makes you Thaier than Thai, an ubermensch among farangs. And you get Thai prices with that pink card, has worked for me in every place I tried so far.

Edited by DrTuner
Autocorrect

11 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

With yellow thabian baan you can get the pink ID card, which makes you Thaier than Thai, an ubermensch among farangs. And you get Thai prices with that pink card, has worked for me in every place I tried so far.

Not everywhere excepts anything from a foreigner..  

Just had head man round yearly census of blue books. Handed over mrs blue book and he asked for my yellow book as well for the first time asked him why this year. He said he and all other village head men in khon kaen areas had been informed by his boss that all falang living in there villages had to be included in his figures. As he knew I had yellow book it makes it easier for him to just to put my number down on his sheets. He also says more checks are going to be made over the next year by local Amphur officials on falang living long term. Not immigration he pointed out so will have to wait and see.

• Like 2

Thank you for posting this, Deepinthailand.

I was wondering why district offices (amphoe) have since recently, judging from posts in this forum, been proactive in offering foreigners the yellow house registration book (KR.13). The report of your conversation with your village headman goes a long way to explain this.

I guess like with many bureaucratic directives it remains to be seen to what extent this directive will be followed also in other provinces. The legal requirement under the Civil Registration Act for district offices to register also foreigners has been there for ages and I perceive a trend of its implementation being intensified.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

After having the yellow house you would also qualify for a foreigners ID card (a photo ID), so called "pink card".

Both together should be enough as proof of residence.

hausbuch_umschlag.jpg

pink_card_pixelated.jpg

I got a Yellow Tabien Baan last year after jumping through numerous hoops, I got the feeling the local government officers in Khlong Sam Wa don't issue too many given the fuss they made, including having to pose with the thing for a photo-shoot with all the officers right up to the big boss. However, although we had to get my wife a new i.d card after a name change no one offered me the pink i.d card and I want one on the basis that the more you have the better and I'd like to be able to apply for citizenship or permanent residence were that remotely possible.

So please tell me what is needed to get the pink i.d. card assuming marriage already to a Thai, possessor of a yellow book, Thai driving licences and annual extension of stay?

I hesitate to give a common recipe as it still seems quite different from amphoe to amphoe.

Some posters have described that they got it a easy as me.

In my case I basically had nothing but my yellow house book and my passport and wife with her ID and tabien ban in tow (although not asked for).

The biggest hurdle are the questions about your religion, blood group and what else (forgot)?

It all seems to go to the database in addition to what is already in from the yellow book.

You might need translation help.

The picture taken, ID card printed.

I paid 60 Baht (even that seems uncertain).

Some amphoe still seem to be quite unknowing/unprepared.

In my case after a first attempt in the morning I had to come back (next day) after 15:00h (3 PM).

"Can not do before", "have to change computer".

And he indeed had to do a phone call before starting with me. :tongue:

15 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

I got a Yellow Tabien Baan last year after jumping through numerous hoops, I got the feeling the local government officers in Khlong Sam Wa don't issue too many given the fuss they made, including having to pose with the thing for a photo-shoot with all the officers right up to the big boss. However, although we had to get my wife a new i.d card after a name change no one offered me the pink i.d card and I want one on the basis that the more you have the better and I'd like to be able to apply for citizenship or permanent residence were that remotely possible.

So please tell me what is needed to get the pink i.d. card assuming marriage already to a Thai, possessor of a yellow book, Thai driving licences and annual extension of stay?

Just the yellow book, your wife in tow, with her Thai ID, and 60 baht. They may want some supporting docs, but not sure, as I went right from the yellow book counter to the Pink Thai ID counter.....and 60 baht later was done. 

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I hesitate to give a common recipe as it still seems quite different from amphoe to amphoe.

Some posters have described that they got it a easy as me.

In my case I basically had nothing but my yellow house book and my passport and wife with her ID and tabien ban in tow (although not asked for).

The biggest hurdle are the questions about your religion, blood group and what else?

It all seems to go to the database in addition to what is already in from the yellow book.

You might need translation help.

The picture taken, ID card printed.

I paid 60 Baht (even that seems uncertain).

What? Never even asked me anything, just ran me thru the Thai ID line like everyone else (Based on the yellow book we just finished obtaining)......sit, wait your turn, press each thumb on the fingerprint reader, then take a picture, then wait for them to hand you the Pink Thai ID.

Defintely religon and bloodgroup.

I checked back with my wife.

Bloodgroup I didn't know so he entered "unknown" likely.

It's a known fact that the bloodgroup is in the database and even in the chip of a Thai ID card.

So for a foreign ID card (without chip) these data are somewhat obsolete/useless and your officer was smart enough to leave that empty/void/n.a.?

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's a known fact that the bloodgroup is in the database and even in the chip of a Thai ID card.

I don't even know my own blood group....so I am sure its "unknown".

Ok guys, that's great - thank you. We'll save up 60 baht haha and go in next week with all our papers - this District Office are pretty anal about documents and papers, what I had to go through by way of apostilled and translated and legalised docs and the expense involved in getting the Yellow Book was out of this world.

When they finally couldn't think of any other copied, translated, legalised document to ask for they demanded a qualified translator be present in another interminable meeting even though my wife spoke better English having lived in the UK than did the translator. More expense! More and ever more hoops to jump through.

Well, I think I recall both those questions before, religion and blood group, they asked everything except how many moles on my ass and my shoe size! Even went into how my wife and I met, courted, fell in love, what we did in the UK etc. 3rd degree!

Easy answer - so-called "rare" blood group Rhesus O Negative circulating around the veins of a Pentecostal Christian! (Had to explain that one, gave up, call it Protestant!)

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

So for a foreign ID card (without chip) these data are somewhat obsolete/useless and your officer was smart enough to leave that empty/void/n.a.?

Yes blood group and religion (answer to that vext them "no thankyou") I am led to belive but not sure if the card is run through  a machine it reads of the magnetic strip but how and where these machines are is anyone's guess. I carry a card in wallet with all information needed in case of accident and no one with me.

I'm the same, I can say "Hello" and "Thank you" and even then cause smiles as I mix them up. I have a nice line in head nodding, with or without big smiles, and for more serious things am pretty good at mime, for example asking where is the toilet always gets them in stitches when mimed but someone always shows me whether in the Mall or a normal shop.

I'm a fat, ugly old git so it has to be that I make them laugh both at me and with me. Everyone in my village knows who I am now and they all smile at me so it works!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

I'm the same, I can say "Hello" and "Thank you" and even then cause smiles as I mix them up. I have a nice line in head nodding, with or without big smiles, and for more serious things am pretty good at mime, for example asking where is the toilet always gets them in stitches when mimed but someone always shows me whether in the Mall or a normal shop.

I'm a fat, ugly old git so it has to be that I make them laugh both at me and with me. Everyone in my village knows who I am now and they all smile at me so it works!

Yup same here....LOL I live in a gated community with guards, and most everyone knows me, they are all pleasant and smiling, but most here are educated and a good portion of them can speak English, at least enough to communicate. I only cringe over the thought of not having the wife with me when driving, and having an accident, me standing there trying to communicate with an angry Thai who may have lost face, and a police officer wanting to know who knows what, should be fun if it happens.

Edited by ocddave

Simple rule for Yellow Book.  If it is easy to get at your Amphur, go ahead and get it

But if they make you jump through a lot of hoops ask yourself is it really worth it

I own a condo in my name, a house in a company name, a car in my name and no wife

In the ten years I have been here I have had to obtain a Certificate of Residence at Jomtien Immigration on two occasions. First when I got my Thai Drivers license,  second when I registered my car.  So in my case Certificates of Residences have been an easiest route for me

I have yet to see a need for a Yellow Book since I have absolutely no interest in obtaining,  a Thai ID card,  permanent residence or citizenship 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Simple rule for Yellow Book.  If it is easy to get at your Amphur, go ahead and get it

But if they make you jump through a lot of hoops ask yourself is it really worth it

I own a condo in my name, a house in a company name, a car in my name and no wife

In the ten years I have been here I have had to obtain a Certificate of Residence at Jomtien Immigration on two occasions. First when I got my Thai Drivers license,  second when I registered my car.  So in my case Certificates of Residences have been an easiest route for me

I have yet to see a need for a Yellow Book since I have absolutely no interest in obtaining,  a Thai ID card,  permanent residence or citizenship 

Which as you so rightly said is your choice.

I have used yellow book on several occasions and ID numerous times so for me it's well worth it. I like you have no intrest in PR or citizenship. But the two things I mentioned tabien yellow and ID card help me here which is a good thing

On 13/01/2017 at 9:07 PM, cliveshep said:

Know the feeling well! :wai:

On 1/13/2017 at 7:28 PM, Maestro said:

Thank you for posting this, Deepinthailand.

I was wondering why district offices (amphoe) have since recently, judging from posts in this forum, been proactive in offering foreigners the yellow house registration book (KR.13). The report of your conversation with your village headman goes a long way to explain this.

I guess like with many bureaucratic directives it remains to be seen to what extent this directive will be followed also in other provinces. The legal requirement under the Civil Registration Act for district offices to register also foreigners has been there for ages and I perceive a trend of its implementation being intensified.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

This might get my local amphur of their arse.They wont give me one because they say i must be married,which is bs,but  i can't get past them.

11 hours ago, louse1953 said:

This might get my local amphur of their arse.They wont give me one because they say i must be married,which is bs,but  i can't get past them.

In a case like yours, I believe the best thing to do is to call the government hotline 1111 right there while you are sitting in front of the obstinate or ignorant district official, explain your situation, then hand the phone over to the official.

For your background information, there is the amended Section 38  (Thai and English) of of the Civil Registration Act (Thai)

Edited by Maestro
added links