Can leave Thailand and back under 90 days single retirement visa?

First, there is nothing like a '90 days retirement visa'. The visa is called 'non immigrant O' and the 1 year extension is called 'an extension based on retirement'. As with any visa, you need a re entry visa if you leave before the visa expires. Basically if you leave the country a visa expires right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As sniffdog says, there is no such thing as a '90 days retirement visa'.

Presumably you have a Non-Immigrant O visa granted for the purpose of seeking retirement in Thailand.

When you arrive in Thailand you will be given a 90 days 'Permission to Stay' - it is not a visa.

Your Non-Immigrant O visa has then been used and (unless it is a multi-entry visa) is 'dead and gone'.

Near the end of the Permission to Stay you can apply for a 1 year Extension of Stay for Retirement.

If you wish to leave at any time during either the Permission to Stay or the Extension of Stay you will need to get a Re-Entry Permit (it also is not a visa),

this allows you to return and continue with your stay to the original date given.

If you leave without a Re-Entry Permit your Permission to Stay expires.

You start all over again getting a new Non-Immigrant Visa.  

Edited by Ginkas
  • Like 1

From the OP it sounds to me like you want to enter Thailand on a single Non-O visa with the intention to apply for a one year extension?

If so: yes as described you can leave and re-enter within the 90 days if you get a re-entry permit before you leave.

There are multi entry Non-O for travel back and forth within a year.

Max. stay 90 days each.

Where (which country/consulate) do you want to apply for your visa?

They are not issued everywhere.

We are going to entry to Thailand without any visa because our countries are under  extemption theme and going to apply for Non-O visa when we are in Thailand already. As I got we will be able to get visa for 90 days first and get another (or extension?) for a year after.  

Can we leave Thailand and back during first 90 days visa? As I know it is single visa not multi. 

1 hour ago, ST11 said:

We are going to entry to Thailand without any visa because our countries are under  extemption theme and going to apply for Non-O visa when we are in Thailand already. As I got we will be able to get visa for 90 days first and get another (or extension?) for a year after.  

Can we leave Thailand and back during first 90 days visa? As I know it is single visa not multi. 

Yes you can.

Once immigration has given you permission to stay for 90 days you can buy a re-entry permit for 1,000 baht.

You can leave anytime during the 90 days but must return before the original 90 days ends. When you re-enter you'll be given permission to stay for the remainder of the  90 days and can still qualify to apply for the extension of stay.