Lawless Thailand

johnj

Well with a user name like 'Savile's ghost' and a location of Pattaya I assume that you are not different!! 

I didnt say I was better than anybody. However, I've been a member on this site since 2005 and I've read thousands of stories of old Western guys being done over by younger women they met in bars. They never seem to learn. Yes its a stereotype and a generalisation but sometimes stereotypes ring true! 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, claffey said:

Well with a user name like 'Savile's ghost' and a location of Pattaya I assume that you are not different!! 

I didnt say I was better than anybody. However, I've been a member on this site since 2005 and I've read thousands of stories of old Western guys being done over by younger women they met in bars. They never seem to learn. Yes its a stereotype and a generalisation but sometimes stereotypes ring true! 

Funny how a name and location causes some people to jump to conclusions and start making assumptions about others based on no facts at all ?

Yes you did infer you were better than others and now you go off topic with a "do you know who i am type post" LOL 

1 hour ago, Savilesghost said:

Yes you did infer you were better than others and now you go off topic with a "do you know who i am type post" LOL 

Actually he can only have implied that he is better than others. Infer is something you do in response

Edited by SaintLouisBlues

2 hours ago, Savilesghost said:

Ah and the classic "my wife is different gambit"  while at the same time trying to infer somebody elses wife is not the same age or even trying to infer a  BG angle

Pathetic attempt to try and suggest your better than other people 

I trusted my western wife who was the same age, same education, same "social status, , familes socicalised together and on paper a match that should have been made in heaven, and yes i trusted her...in the beginning at least and fast forward 12 years figured out how my trust had been misplaced

Ahh....the bitter old man syndrome, there is a lot of that going around the Expat's around here, well at least you fit in nicely ;-)

49 minutes ago, ocddave said:

Ahh....the bitter old man syndrome, there is a lot of that going around the Expat's around here, well at least you fit in nicely ;-)

Funny that bet i am younger than you LOL, i still a few years before i even hit mimimum age for a retirement visa :smile:

So i am not an old man, or bitter, in fact what happened to me was the best thing that could have happened, it made me  move on to other climes, boosted my income by 40% a year and will allow me to retire in my early 50s being very financially secure, irrespective of where i choose to live 

Edited by Savilesghost

Why I prefer not to do business here, or get deeply involved with too many people.  Early on I was presented with ideas about land purchases, various business opportunities, soft money loans to extended family, etc.  All of them I let pass by, and in hindsight some would worked out fine but meh, just don't need the money, aggravation or worse......