Thais skipping the line

Destiny1990

8 hours ago, grollies said:

No one has yet described their Thai wife's behaviour.

Mine gets me through 90 day reporting at Sri Racha immigration in about 2 minutes.

Fill in the form then straight into the office. Always goes to the same lady, never takes a ticket. Quick hello, how are you, loads of smiles, hands over the form and passport, stamped and given straight back.

She'll often sit next to the person who's turn it is and say hello to them too.

Meanwhile, I'm stood in the background with a fixed smile cringing inwardly.

Funilly enough though she's very polite in supermarket queues.

Tell her to wait her turn like the rest of the people.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/14/2017 at 2:31 PM, Jingthing said:

Don't make excuses for these rude Thais.

When it happens, and it happens a lot, it's racism.

You don't count as much.

If you live here, you just learn to accept it.

It's the fault of both the vendor and the jumping customer.

The jumping customer obviously but a decent vendor will shut them down and serve you first. 

Maybe rude Thai's but don't be stupid and call it racism.

One wonders why you would spend such a long time living

in a racist country, even if it does have nice young men, are

they racist too?

A flame and a baiting post has been removed

EDIT

A further troll post by the same person has been removed also a post in Thai Language, this is an English Language forum. Keep this trolling up and you will be going on holiday for a while.

4 hours ago, uptheos said:

Maybe rude Thai's but don't be stupid and call it racism.

One wonders why you would spend such a long time living

in a racist country, even if it does have nice young men, are

they racist too?

Your right this fellas not looking at this from no one else's POV but his own. Thais do this to one another too all the time. 

Edited by Rc2702

• 1 month later...
On 14.1.2017 at 9:41 AM, joeyg said:

Must say, been living here about 2 years, haven't experienced that phenomenon.  Maybe I'm keeping a good distance?  :goof:

I have experienced that phonomeon with Russian: standing in line for ferry back from koh Larn, this Russian couple just pass the line. An english woman tell them to stand in line, and the Russian man want to hit her. His partner stop him and no-one else want to stop them. Also me. 

I do not like this part of Russian culture.

Very common and very familiar

seems to be a racial thing.

I love the way they completely ignore you when it happens.

i did have one tell one once to get back in line and continue to serve me, but the skipper was black, so not sure if this counts.

7\11 staff seem to have no idea who is next to be served, I abhor having people close to me, and therefore stand well back from the customer who is being served, but it seems that it just gives the locals the opportunity to walk in ahead of me. The staff seem to wear blinkers. Recently a young boy got to the counter at the same time as me, and he indicated that I should go first, I did, and then waited for him to be served, and I paid his bill, his Granny was well pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 24/01/2017 at 3:31 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Most thais do have a very correct behavior however there is a minority who do have a me comes first mentality.its probably due to a weak educational schooling and to much watching of  thai tv programs..

What about on the roads - all Thai drivers MUST be 1st, are always the most important...

The chinese are much worse than the thai in jumping qeueu's.

At the airport i was in the superlong qeueu and next to us was the qeueu for chinese without visa.

Suddenly there was a lot of yelling, a Thai immigrationofficer was yelling very loud to a chinese tourist and pushing/pointing him all the way back to the end of the qeueu. 500 people were watching it.  Don't know what he had done but sure he had pissed off the officer.

At moments like that i have to laugh very hard and point at him like my wife hadn't noticed what happened. I hope he lost face so much.

On 23/01/2017 at 8:17 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Tell her to wait her turn like the rest of the people.

OK, last visit we took a ticket and sat down to wait.

The lady behind the desk looked up, called us over and processed my annual retirement visa ahead of the queue.

Go figure.

On 3/17/2017 at 3:33 AM, grollies said:

OK, last visit we took a ticket and sat down to wait.

The lady behind the desk looked up, called us over and processed my annual retirement visa ahead of the queue.

Go figure.

Tell her there are other people in line before you who have been waiting.
If she can't figure that one out, find a new job.

Like a lot of other things here the problem likely stems from a thai superiority complex (believing you are somehow better then others). Which of course covers an underlying inferiority.

i think this is part of the class system and in the absence of a clear hierarchy in a social setting they tend need to make one.

This is done by either putting down others onto a lower ring (cutting in line) or less often by groveling and becoming more submissive (stooping lower then you for example). It seems difficult to relate as equals.

On 1/14/2017 at 2:15 AM, Tagaa said:

I can only relate my experience. Sorry if you don't agree with my experiences.

I think I have a pretty good grasp as I have lived in 3 different geographic areas of LOS & have lived in Thailand, full time, for just a few months shy of 10 years. Thai's have no manners.

Thais are all smiley & pleasant when they want something or want you to buy something they are selling. You will get lots of smiles when you are a tourist. But get out of BKK, Pattaya or Phuket and, lets say, go up country. You will have a much different experience. Thai's are xenophobic. That's one reason we have to jump through all the stupid hoops at immigration.

You would think that, after 10 years,  I would qualify for some type of visa that didn't require yearly renewal and/or 90 check ins. Nope. They really don't want you here and hope you will leave. Don't forget to leave your money behind.

By the way, I agree with joeyg...I avoid farangs as well. I'm a quite happy farang quasi hermit.

I have the exact opposite experience. I find when I get out of the tourist areas that Thais treat me like a normal person. When I'm in BKK, Pattaya, or Phuket, I feel like everyone thinks I'm just another sex tourist and treats me as such.

This is just one of those things that is always going to be annoying for foreigners and sophisticated Thais. It's not personal. It's not about degrading the foreigner or anything like that. It's just the way Thais do service on the street level. When they want something, they walk straight up to the vendor and say "Aow..., ka/krub." And then the vendor either remembers it or they ask again. Haven't you ever had a Thai ask you "Why do foreigners always wait for someone to ask em what hey want?"