Non Immigrant O Visa???

So I have a Non Immigrant O Visa with "S" listed as the number of entries in my passport.  I obtained this visa on October 10, 2016 and it was issued to me because I'm legally married to a Thai citizen and provided all he proper documents to the embassy in Kuala Lumpur.  It's my first time staying in Thailand on this type of visa and I screwed up and missed my "enter before" date of January 9, 2017.

What is my option now to avoid having to go all the way back to Kuala Lumpur or somewhere and get a new visa?  Can my mistake be fixed at the immigration office?

Not sure what you mean by " missed my "enter before" date ", presumably you are now in Thailand having entered shortly after the visa was issued?  The visa is expired now so nothing to do with that, the key thing for you is if you are now on overstay or not.  What date is stamped in your passport (admitted until)?

2 minutes ago, cneuy3 said:

It's used already and I'm in Thailand atm.  Sorry for the confusion.  My stamp still shows "admitted until"  12 Jan 2017 on both the departure card and on the actual entry stamp. 

You are now on your 2nd day of overstay at which is 500 baht per day fine for it.

You need to leave the country for another visa or to get a visa exempt entry on re-entry.

An S there means your visa is for a SIngle entry.

If you entered on that visa you have aleady made that single entry,

You should have been given a 90 day entry for your "pwrmitted ro stay stanp" when you entered.

If your was for a multi entry it should have been a M there.

A 0o day single entry visa is normally used to give you 90 days to do wht is required for an extension for a year.

For example, to establish a bank accoubt in a Thai bank in your name to meet the financial requirements for a one year extension and to give your funds the time to meet "seasoning" required

for that subsequent one year extension.

As said, You are now on overstay and will be fined 500 Baht for every day, so you need fix it as soon as possible.

Leave the country and pay the fine.

You can then return with or without a Visa.

Once you are legally in the country you can get a 60 day extension at Immigration.

Edited by Lite Beer

9 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

An S there means your visa is for a SIngle entry.

If you entered on that visa you have aleady made that single entry,

You should have been given a 90 day entry for your "pwrmitted ro stay stanp" when you entered.

If your was for a multi entry it should have been a M there.

A 0o day single entry visa is normally used to give you 90 days to do wht is required for an extension for a year.

For example, to establish a bank accoubt in a Thai bank in your name to meet the financial requirements for a one year extension and to give your funds the time to meet "seasoning" required

for that subsequent one year extension.

I've had a bank account in Thailand for years and I submitted the statement that met all financial requirements at the time with my other marriage and spouse paperwork to the embassy in Kuala Lumpur. 

I'm still a bit confused as to what I'm suppose to do now.  Are you saying my visa is expired and I have to leave and re-apply and go through that whole process again?  I understand the overstay policy and I'll leave the country asap but what's my best option atm.  I'm in Chiang Mai so was hoping I could do a border run to Mae Sai to sort this out if it cannot be sorted out at the immigration office in Chiang Mai but if that's only going to give me 15 day visa on arrival stamp then I'll have to make different plans. 

Edited by cneuy3

You have to leave the country, your visa has expired.

What did you expect you were going to be able to do with this visa?  You could have applied for an extension of stay based on marriage but missed that chance.  Only real option now is to start over.

3 minutes ago, cneuy3 said:

I've had a bank account in Thailand for years and I submitted the statement that met all financial requirements at the time with my other marriage and spouse paperwork to the embassy in Kuala Lumpur. 

I'm still a bit confused as to what I'm suppose to do now.  Are you saying my visa is expired and I have to leave and re-apply and go through that whole process again?  I understand the overstay policy and I'll leave the country asap but what's my best option atm.  I'm in Chiang Mai so was hoping I could do a border run to Mae Sai to sort this out if it cannot be sorted out at the immigration office in Chiang Mai but if that's only going to give me 15 day visa on arrival stamp then I'll have to make different plans. 

You could try applying for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at immigration on Monday. They may accept the application after paying the overstay fine.

You wife will need to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate and copies of her house book registry and ID card. Then apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration near the end of the extension.

You would not be to get a new entry at Mae Sot. They do not allow crossings for a visa exempt entry. You would have to do it at the Chiang Khong crossing to Laos. You would get a 30 day entry the 15 day entry rule was rescinded  on December 31st.

Thanks everyone.

I'll attempt your suggestion on Monday, ubonjoe, at the chiang mai immigration office.  Hopefully they'll be able to grant me an extension after paying the overstay fine. 

We provided the marriage certificate, copies of the house book, and her ID card along with my financial statement when originally applying for the visa back in October.  We still have all those on file so having those documents on hand will not be a problem.  Should I also bring an updated bank statement?  One other thing to note is we have a ~2 year old son together and his documents as well.  Would showing his documents possibly help in anyway?

I realize my procrastination in not doing this sooner and missing my date has made this a more of a stressful situation for me than this needed to be but hopefully it's not to late to fix.  Thanks again everyone for the help on this matter.

1 minute ago, cneuy3 said:

Thanks everyone.

I'll attempt your suggestion on Monday, ubonjoe, at the chiang mai immigration office.  Hopefully they'll be able to grant me an extension after paying the overstay fine. 

We provided the marriage certificate, copies of the house book, and her ID card along with my financial statement when originally applying for the visa back in October.  We still have all those on file so having those documents on hand will not be a problem.  Should I also bring an updated bank statement?  One other thing to note is we have a ~2 year old son together and his documents as well.  Would showing his documents possibly help in anyway?

I realize my procrastination in not doing this sooner and missing my date has made this a more of a stressful situation for me than this needed to be but hopefully it's not to late to fix.  Thanks again everyone for the help on this matter.

To apply for the 60 day extension you will not need financial proof.

If you had all the required documents for a one year extension you might be able to apply for it. Here is my general list of documents and etc. Marriage Extension Requirements.pdf