Trump attacks civil rights leader who questioned his election win

rooster59

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He's an old man and his outrageous behavior worked to make him president.

To suggest he's EVER going to change is absurd. He has said as much! More evidence -- that mad "press" conference he just had. This is a crisis. 

Get a grip. Your life will be unaffected.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mike324 said:

I find Trump and those that support him hypocritical - Trump did not accept Obama as a legitimate president, now he can't accept the fact that people say the same about him! Amazing!

At least Trump waitied until Obama was in office before rejecting him. Lewis did not even give him a chance to get sworn in first.

Edited by Ulysses G.

14 hours ago, 3SoiDogNight said:

Your attempting to change the discussion. The discussion is about an erroneous claim started by Congressman John Lewis against President elect Donald Trump. 

Has nothing to do with their supporters.

Since you brought it up, the anti-Trump crowds has a serious disconnect with facts. They're gone so far off the deep end that they're literally running on to highways and getting ran over by cars, attacking the disabled, dragging people from their cars and all sorts of sub-human behavior. I can't recall McCain or Romney supporters doing this after they lost.

Anyhow, back on topic.

Not at all.  The topic is about Trump attacking a civil rights leader as it clearly states in the title. I was asking a question about the way your post presented a whole lot of opinion as fact.  Neither did I say anything about anti-Trump people- that was your own little off topic rant to follow up your opinion presented as fact rant.

3 hours ago, Slip said:

Not at all.  The topic is about Trump attacking a civil rights leader as it clearly states in the title. I was asking a question about the way your post presented a whole lot of opinion as fact.  Neither did I say anything about anti-Trump people- that was your own little off topic rant to follow up your opinion presented as fact rant.

You just repeated everything I said. You think Trump is just going to take his insults laying down? Trump rightfully defended himself and pointed out the flaws in Congressmen Lewis's district. Trump put that little crybaby in his place, now get over it.

9 minutes ago, 3SoiDogNight said:

You just repeated everything I said. You think Trump is just going to take his insults laying down? Trump rightfully defended himself and pointed out the flaws in Congressmen Lewis's district. Trump put that little crybaby in his place, now get over it.

trump should have accepted the criticism of a NATIONAL CIVIL RIGHTS HERO without such a childish response ... YES!

Sure he could have commented on the comment in a respectful and rational way rather than go into full man baby twitter TROLL monster attack mode.

We have every right to expect that from a DECENT president to be. trump is not that. He's a horrible man. God help us. 

Edited by Jingthing

Just now, 3SoiDogNight said:

Not sure where you are going with this at all. I didn't repeat anything you said.  I take your point about Trump defending himself, that is indeed his right.  Not sure why you threw out a lot of opinion presented as fact, that was all.  Your latest comment shows a machismo about politics/government that doesn't really belong in my opinion.  Perhaps that is why I find your posts laughable so far.

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

trump should have accepted the criticism of a NATIONAL CIVIL RIGHTS HERO without such a childish response ... YES!

Sure he could have commented on the comment in a respectful and rational way rather than go into full man baby twitter TROLL monster attack mode.

We have every right to expect that from a DECENT president to be. trump is not that. He's a horrible man. God help us. 

31 minutes ago, Slip said:

Not sure where you are going with this at all. I didn't repeat anything you said.  I take your point about Trump defending himself, that is indeed his right.  Not sure why you threw out a lot of opinion presented as fact, that was all.  Your latest comment shows a machismo about politics/government that doesn't really belong in my opinion.  Perhaps that is why I find your posts laughable so far.

You guys are cracking me up! :D

You're dancing around the obvious. Liberals have pretended that John Lewis is untouchable and everything the man says is gospel. Sure he has made great contributions to the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s but as a Congressman, he's useless.

Funny that you allow John Lewis to go on his childish rants and display his emotions and irrational fears which are not based in fact. Trump was legitimately elected President as all previous President's before him. Not sure what basis John Lewis has that makes Trump "illegitimate". Of course you take what he says at face value because he said so. . .

Trump spent less than 1 minute smacking down John Lewis. Not sure why you people are bellyaching over this. It's going to be a long 4 - 8 years for you anti-Trumpers. Get used to it, he's never been a nice guy and never will. 

Your reaction to my post is pure deflection, as was your original opinion based rant that you tried to present as fact.  Jinthing I'm sure can defend himself, especially against an unarmed opponent.

Edited by Slip

6 minutes ago, Slip said:

Your reaction to my post is pure deflection, as was your original opinion based rant that you tried to present as fact.  Jinthing I'm sure can defend himself, especially against an unarmed opponent.

You're upset because your candidate lost. We get it. 

I'm getting a kick out of your choice of words when presented with facts that are uncomfortable. 

"reaction, rants, deflection, macho-man, racist, deplorable".

Keep 'em coming. 

5 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

And your point is what?   Just an attempt to discredit the guy?    We all know that Trump and his family, like Ivanka, would NEVER take an opportunity to make a buck.    

Congressmen always need to raise money for their next campaign. That is NOT personal profit. That's the system, like it or not that they need so much money. I don't like it but no congressman stays in congress very long not doing that. 

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

They are ALL elected under a cloud, because half the country usually voted for the other guy. No excuse to refuse to honor the results of the election. Trump WON period.

Not won period. Won with ASTERICKS.

Anyway, we won't agree on that but surely you get the way trump attacked CIVIL RIGHTS HERO  Lewis (and really the great city of ATLANTA and black people in general) on twitter was atrocious and unbecoming of any decent human being, much less a man about to be president. 

Edited by Jingthing

32 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

They are ALL elected under a cloud, because half the country usually voted for the other guy. No excuse to refuse to honor the results of the election. Trump WON period.

But why would you even expect that when NO republicans honoured the results when Obama won - period  You were so pig headed you would rather let the country slip into decline than even try and run Government. The fact that now you all ask everyone to support Trump is vomit inducing hypocrisy period   (by the way why do you put a  .    after 'period '? - i need to know) 

11 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

(by the way why do you put a  .    after 'period '? - i need to know)

Probably because it is the end of a sentence. Putting a period is customary.

Don't remember Republicans boycotting Obama's inauguration, rioting after he was elected or throwing hissy fits for months before he even took office, so yes, they DID honor the results of his elections. 

35 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Probably because it is the end of a sentence. Putting a period is customary.

Don't remember Republicans boycotting Obama's inauguration, rioting after he was elected or throwing hissy fits for months before he even took office, so yes, they DID honor the results of his elections. 

They did a lot worse. They filibustered every single bill he ever tried to pass, and stopped a Government working for 8 years. It was a national disgrace and Republicans and Trump deserve every bit of lack of co-operation that can be mustered by the popular vote and their political representatives. At the Mid Terms say goodbye to the Republican party for ever.

10 hours ago, 3SoiDogNight said:

You think Trump is just going to take his insults laying down? Trump rightfully defended himself and pointed out the flaws in Congressmen Lewis's district. Trump put that little crybaby in his place, now get over it.

John Lewis has a record of dishonest attacks on Republican candidates. He compared John McCain to racist George Wallace and suggested that Mitt Romney would bring back segregation. This is what Bill Marr meant about liberals crying wolf.

He also lied about the Tea Party - claiming that they had called him the N-word when, even though 100s of phones and video captured the event, not even ONE could verify his claims.

The man is more partisan than he is truthful.

Edited by Ulysses G.

They did a lot worse. They filibustered every single bill he ever tried to pass, and stopped a Government working for 8 years. It was a national disgrace and Republicans and Trump deserve every bit of lack of co-operation that can be mustered by the popular vote and their political representatives. At the Mid Terms say goodbye to the Republican party for ever.

When Obama took office the democrats had a majority in the house and the senate and each subsequent election saw them loosing seats and their majorities in both houses. They also continued to loose seats in state governorships and state legislatures across the country during his two terms, so it seems that the American people were less than impressed. As a result I would say that your conclusion is merely a pipe dream. The country appears to be moving in the opposite direction, and the democrats are the ones becoming more strident and less consequential.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

7 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

When Obama took office the democrats had a majority in the house and the senate and each subsequent election saw them loosing seats and their majorities in both houses. They also continued to loose seats in state governorships and state legislatures across the country during his two terms, so it seems that the American people were less than impressed. As a result I would say that your conclusion is merely a pipe dream. The country appears to be moving in the opposite direction, and the democrats are the ones becoming more strident and less consequential.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Do you know how a filibuster works? So yes, by the mid terms the Americans saw nothing getting done and they had a Kenyan Muslim President in the Whitehouse - according to people like Trump and the Republican pack dogs. Time will tell. It will be lucky if anyone turns up at the inauguration at this rate. How embarrassing for US politics.