Samsung tv remote

jcowle

There are also "universal" remotes that can be used with hundreds of differnt Tvs  really cheap now  I recently got one from Hardware house

( HUAYU universal tv remote HR-133+ID )

for a neighbour who said she had an LG tv, turned out it was a TCL tv   after quite a long search the remote was able to operate her TV

180 baht + 20 baht for batteries

Amorn in the basement of Tukcom  south Pattaya road ( normally )has a large selection of remotes.

At the night market on Theprasit  there is a section the Thais call "the dark market"  because there is no supplied electricity  there are very often people selling second hand remotes there, you can check they work by pointing the remote into the camera lens of a mobile phone  with the camera app open

when pressing buttons on remote you'll see on the phone screen that the remote LED  lights up or blinks

Also on Theprasit near the night market but other side of the road ( near the petrol station )

are 2 good electronic component shops that are worth checking for remotes

Edited by johng

6 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

A remote from Google play.

what phone/TV does that work with ?  Samsung with Samsung smart Tv via wifi ??

very few if any mobile phones have an infrared transmitter built in so how would they be able to send commands ?

Lots of replies but I would have thought that the first place to go to would be the Samsung Service Centre on Sukhumvit , near the Thepprasit crossing.

The technicians there will probably be able to fix it or they will sell or give you a new remote depending on your warranty.

I got mine Sony remote repaired at the electronics shop in the basement of TukCom. 

Don't know what the problem was, but it works again for THB 200

If you enter the shop, you'll find the repair counter on the left, just 4-5 meter past the cashier. 

As said in a previous post....don't expect staff to approach you.

what phone/TV does that work with ?  Samsung with Samsung smart Tv via wifi ??
very few if any mobile phones have an infrared transmitter built in so how would they be able to send commands ?

Mine has. See the signature. Either that or it's a magic wand [emoji41]