Emergency Vehicles

Gonzo the Face

Interesting article in the other  English Language newspaper about  clip showing a pick-up truck in CM refusing to given way to an ambulance under red light conditions. This is something that has bothered me for many years.  The lack of drivers here giving way and the lack of police doing anything about it

I reported on Thai Visa the other year that in one week I had seen 2 instances where Thai drivers cleared the road for Ambulances.

I learned to drive a car in Germany where there is no debate Flashing Blue lights you got of the road and make way, or the Police would take action.

john

15 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

I reported on Thai Visa the other year that in one week I had seen 2 instances where Thai drivers cleared the road for Ambulances.

I learned to drive a car in Germany where there is no debate Flashing Blue lights you got of the road and make way, or the Police would take action.

john

never seen it in 10 years

Thais don't get out of the way for anyone and will race you to beat the lights just because they are 'Thai'. I have observed, countless times, Thais just sit there when there is clearly an Ambulance trying to get through it's a disgrace but after all these years I just accept TiT and parking where they want, blocking ambulances and never letting people out is just a part of the Thai psyche. Irresponsibility is a national trait. 

I have ridden/driven in CM for last 15 years and Thai's still baffle me.

They can be very understanding then next driver is a 100% ass.

Mainly a government problem.

In UK as youths we where brought up on Look Right, Look Left and Only a Fool forgets the 2 second rule.

Nothing on Thai TV.

It's only within the last 4 weeks that I have sen a Car with Driving Instructor written on, I assume a Driving school.

john

I agree

This includes anyone going through a RED LIGHT

i see so much every day on my morning bike ride

They have even flashed there light at me

to tell me they are still coming through

As the saying goes  Where Are The Police When You Need Then

Along side of the eastern moat pulling tourist over for the 400 baht fine

Easy pickings