Savannakhet marriage visa

I am currently on a tourist visa and plan to go to savanakhet to get a marriage visa.

I am bringing original and copy of marriage certificate. Wife's signed photocopy of ID.

What else is needed? No financial proof is required? Does immugration at the border ever want to see 20,000 cash this this kind of visa?

You will be applying for a  non-o visa based upon marriage. Single or multiple entry.

You will need a signed copy of her house book registry as well as the ID card.

No financial proof will be needed. I have never seen a report of Mukdahan wanting to see the 20k baht when you enter there.

You will be applying for a  non-o visa based upon marriage. Single or multiple entry.
You will need a signed copy of her house book registry as well as the ID card.
No financial proof will be needed. I have never seen a report of Mukdahan wanting to see the 20k baht when you enter there.

I assume single entry is cheaper?

And multi gives me 90 days plus ability to get 60 day extension without showing financial proof?

1 minute ago, hohososo said:

I assume single entry is cheaper?
And multi gives me 90 days plus ability to get 60 day extension without showing financial proof?

The fee for a single is 2000 baht and a multiple 5000 baht.

A multiple entry visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

Any type entry can be extended for 60 days to visit your wife with no financial proof.

A multiple entry visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.
Any type entry can be extended for 60 days to visit your wife with no financial proof.

Thanks.

Do I need proof of residence? If so, what does this form look like? Is it just a letter from the wife saying I live with her?

34 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Ubon Joes is right, I have got the Multiple Entry Marriage Visa for the last two years, no financial proof needed.

I thought you needed 400k in the bank seasoned for 2 months?

Normal copies of passport, wifes ID and house book copies, origional marriage cert and copies (copies both sides on single sheet he did turn my copy over.)

A visa application form for savannakhet with two photos attached. I took an updated copy of Kor ror 2 but he didn't ask for copy. ( some have said they needed it better to be on safe side needs to be no more than 6 mths old  your wife can get at any amphur. Passport of course.

Laos visa on arrival form and photo attached. And 5000 for multi entry. 90 days and border run or 90 days and 60 days extension then border run up to you. Do a border hop the day before it expires and get 17 mths out of visa. Nothing much to do in Savanakhet can recomend pilgrims kitchen for accommodation and food. 

Edited by Deepinthailand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I thought you needed 400k in the bank seasoned for 2 months?

No, that is for the marriage extensions, you get these inside the country, when you go to another to apply, like in Savvanakhet, it is a marriage visa, a single or Muliple Entry. As far as I know, Savvanakhet is the only neighbouring consulate that does not require you to have any funds.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. Not needed for a visa at Savannakhet.

Joe, if you have a yellow tambein baan when doing an extension based on marriage does it save any paperwork or are the photos and koro song still required.

11 minutes ago, jewell49 said:

Joe, if you have a yellow tambein baan when doing an extension based on marriage does it save any paperwork or are the photos and koro song still required.

It would not reduce the paper work at all.

If you had a yellow book for a rented residence it would eliminate the need for a rental agreement and etc needed for proof of residence.

• 8 months later...

So, If I'll visit Savannakhet, I'll receive 1 year visa, but need go out from Thailand every 90 days.
If I'll do same visa in Thailand, I will get 1 year without obligation to leave every 90 days, but I need to show 400k baht,

right?

48 minutes ago, anyone said:

So, If I'll visit Savannakhet, I'll receive 1 year visa, but need go out from Thailand every 90 days.
If I'll do same visa in Thailand, I will get 1 year without obligation to leave every 90 days, but I need to show 400k baht,

right?

You would not be applying for a visa at immigration. You would apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

With an extension you do reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country to immigration,

47 minutes ago, anyone said:

right?

What you do from within Thailand is an extension of your permission to stay. There are several differences. First, you need to be on a non immigrant entry to Thailand before applying for the extension. If you are currently on a tourist entry, a "conversion" to a non immigrant entry is a required initial step (other than leaving Thailand to get a Non Imm O visa at a consulate outside Thailand). The conversion (which takes 15 days) gives you a 90-day stay in Thailand. It is towards the end of that 90 days that you apply for the one-year extension of your permission to stay. This whole process does require financial proof, yes.

6 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

I assume they will not ask for 20k cash or next flights or anything else when you leave the country and return the same day on a multi-entry NON-O based on Thai spouse (expires July 2018)?

Certainly not flights out of the country since you will be using a visa for entry.

They could ask to see the 20k baht but it would be a rarity if they did.

11 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

I assume they will not ask for 20k cash or next flights or anything else when you leave the country and return the same day on a multi-entry NON-O based on Thai spouse (expires July 2018)?

i use the same visa and have always carried 20k just in case. not once have i been asked to show. pretty sure the 20k is only for tourist visas despite what some have said on this forum. they certainly won't ask for outgoing flights.

5 hours ago, Happy enough said:

i use the same visa and have always carried 20k just in case. not once have i been asked to show. pretty sure the 20k is only for tourist visas despite what some have said on this forum. they certainly won't ask for outgoing flights.

The only place I heard of the 20K cash being required with ME Non-Imm visas, was at a few Malaysian crossings - not those entering by air.  One fellow reported being questioned on entry at an airport, but it seemed to be about proving he was "really married."  

I would carry the cash, plus copies of my marriage-docs, just in case they were having a "slow day" and the supervisor told them to fill up the detention-center with whatever they could catch on a technicality.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The only place I heard of the 20K cash being required with ME Non-Imm visas, was at a few Malaysian crossings - not those entering by air.  One fellow reported being questioned on entry at an airport, but it seemed to be about proving he was "really married."  

I would carry the cash, plus copies of my marriage-docs, just in case they were having a "slow day" and the supervisor told them to fill up the detention-center with whatever they could catch on a technicality.

agreed

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, thailandman123 said:

is it possible to extend a multiple entry marriage O (from savannakhet) for 60 days at thai immigration within thailand? i entered thailand with this visa (from savannakhet) last january and have been using entries approximately every 90 days since. 

Yes..But  if you do a boarder run just before the visa expires you will get another 90 days, THEN you can extend 60 days at immigration....Near 17 months..

Edited by transam
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

No need for agents.. The guy didnt even look at me. Looked for the marriage cert, signed copy of wife ID card and threw all property documentation back at me. Make sure you have it as you never know but were super relaxed  and well worth the travel from Phuket as malaysia getting tougher every time. 

Edited by Charlatans