90 day report (post) dates

Got to do my first 90 day report on a non o/a, 90 day deadline is in about 12 days. Looks like the online option is out until further notice, so I was going to mail it, but confused about the dates. Does "up to 15 days before" mean a postal application has to made and received not less than 15 days before the 90 days are up, or within 15 days of it? Am I too late to post it now?

Also, it mentions signed copy of all pages of passport, what does this mean for postal applications? All pages, all previously stamped pages, or just pages relevant to the current report (photo page, visa page, entry stamp)?

Thanks for any clarifications.

You can mail your report up to 15 days before the report date. The important thing is that is received 7 days before the report date. The immigration website is bit vague on the date since they suggest registered mail and it might take a week or more for it to be delivered.

You could mail yours today by EMS and it would to processed. I send mine to my local office by EMS and put 40 baht worth of stamps on the return envelope so is returned by EMS.

You will need copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and your TM6 departure card. Also a completed TM47 form. Download  TM47 Form Fillable.pdf . If you had done a report before you would need to also include the receipt for your previous report receipt.

This is what immigration says on there websites (both Bangkok and National) and believe it is the safe bet - I do not mail less than 15 days early.  Yes suspect it is excessive and know people have done with less time but this is directly spelled out so not much recourse if questioned. 

((bold mine))

Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/intro1.html

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

20 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

This is what immigration says on there websites (both Bangkok and National) and believe it is the safe bet - I do not mail less than 15 days early.  Yes suspect it is excessive and know people have done with less time but this is directly spelled out so not much recourse if questioned. 

I think Bangkok immigration is the only one that is a little pedant about when they are mailed. Some people have got a note from them about mailing earlier with their report receipt.

I have been mailing mine for over a year to my local office and send them to where they arrive by the 7 days before date.

This announcement that was posted on the immigration website only mentions it must be received no later than 7 days before the report date. 90day_notification.pdf

My registered post receipt is at 77 days because New Year fell on the weekend. I assume that the 7 day grace period is for all reports but suspect that it isn't. Since it will be 30 days before I should report to them it could be an extra 200 per day and they could make the basic fine as much as 5000 too ! I haven't had the letter returned yet, 90 days today, and because I was 'late' am concerned that they might have a 'plan' to fine me so I will probably go to CW sooner than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

14 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

My registered post receipt is at 77 days because New Year fell on the weekend. I assume that the 7 day grace period is for all reports but suspect that it isn't. Since it will be 30 days before I should report to them it could be an extra 200 per day and they could make the basic fine as much as 5000 too ! I haven't had the letter returned yet, 90 days today, and because I was 'late' am concerned that they might have a 'plan' to fine me so I will probably go to CW sooner than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I assume you are saying you mailed it 13 days before the report date. They will process the report and perhaps send you note to do it earlier next time.

The 7 days after the report date is only for reporting in person not by mail.

If never heard of the them fining anybody the 200 baht a day. The standard fine for a late 90 day report is set at 2000 baht.

If you only put standard postage on the return envelope it could take two for it to get back you. You will probably get it this week.

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight, that is what any reasonable person would assume but one gets a little paranoid reading these sites. Do you remember when they started enforcing 90 day reports ? Nobody could believe it.
I shall wait of course because I affixed 10Bt. as dictated, I consider the extra postage as tax, it is an extremely efficient way of collecting tax if the government owns the postal service. I would consider paying the fine and the consequent discussion as I try to impress them with my Thai language good value for money.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can mail your report up to 15 days before the report date. The important thing is that is received 7 days before the report date. The immigration website is bit vague on the date since they suggest registered mail and it might take a week or more for it to be delivered.

You could mail yours today by EMS and it would to processed. I send mine to my local office by EMS and put 40 baht worth of stamps on the return envelope so is returned by EMS.

You will need copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and your TM6 departure card. Also a completed TM47 form. Download  TM47 Form Fillable.pdf . If you had done a report before you would need to also include the receipt for your previous report receipt.

Thanks very much, mailed it off by EMS just now. 

Update on #6 . I was rather pleased with myself this time because in reviewing the requirements I noticed 9X6.5cm. envelopes. I have in the passed managed to cram everything into an hotel envelope but the larger ones from the Post Office were easier and more proffessional looking. My self addressed letter arrived today, with the appointment slip and a form TM 47 for next time, and probably because the envelope was larger my passport photocopies. I shall try to post earlier next time.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• 3 months later...

I sent my 90 day report a couple of weeks ago by EMS ahead of Songkran (11th April) to Bangkok immigration, with a return EMS prepaid envelope. The reporting date has to be done by 27th (tomorrow), but I haven't had an acknowledgement or anything back from them. If I don't hear anything from them tomorrow, should I be concerned and go up in person, or is it nothing to worry about? 

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

I sent my 90 day report a couple of weeks ago by EMS ahead of Songkran (11th April) to Bangkok immigration, with a return EMS prepaid envelope. The reporting date has to be done by 27th (tomorrow), but I haven't had an acknowledgement or anything back from them. If I don't hear anything from them tomorrow, should I be concerned and go up in person, or is it nothing to worry about? 

If you tracked it then you will know if they received it or not.

I always take a photo of the computer screen showing delivery and signature of person accepting it.

Then I don't worry if it takes time for the slip to appear in my mail box.

Twice it hasn't and my wife phoned up and they told her the date. Both those times I had put the very cheapest stamp on the return envelope...now I put two of them on and so far so good.

If you haven't got the slip she was told that I had to report on person next time.

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

Since immigration was closed from the 13th to the 17th I think that the earliest date your report would of been process was the 18th. It can take a week or two for the return mail to get if sent  by normal mail.

Immigration states on their website to contact them in a month if you have not gotten the receipt.

If you have receipt for the EMS and proof of delivery for the report you will not be fined for late reporting.

• Like 1