No Have

madmax2

On 20.1.2017 at 11:02 AM, madmax2 said:

I like a lot of older people do not like the stairs at tesco park, so i have accounts with 2 banks, BB at TL and SCB at rawai beach, which has good parking, your bank probably though they would get more business by shifting but typical of most businesses do not allow for vehicle parking only motorbikes, bad decision by the bank

Nobody goes by car to a bank.

3 hours ago, Aachen said:

Nobody goes by car to a bank.

Everyone i know who owns a vehicle of some sort uses it for most purposes including going to the bank, bikes are uses to go to the local 7/11 etc (wife only)

Of coarse if you don't own one you cannot go to the bank by car/ pickup/ commuter you have to use your motorbike even if its pouring with rain, you would not be one of these people by any chance 

I went to Krung Thai Rawai today and, for the first time in many months, both car parking spaces in front were occupied by very new, expensive looking cars. Maybe the manager has rented out the spaces to the car hire place next door. So I had to park further down just before the entrance to the loony bus park.

After getting my money from the ATM I went inside. It was deserted as usual. I spoke to the manageress. She just smiled but said nothing intelligible when I said that there was nowhere to park my pick-up outside. Usually I reverse it in to one of the empty spaces.

So I asked her if she had any plans to move back to Tesco Park and she said the rent there was too high. When I left, the two expensive cars were still there, so they probably didn't belong to customers. Maybe I'll send an email to headquarters.

Then I went to Kasikorn at Tesco Park. Had to wait five minutes to get seen as it is nearly always a fairly busy bank. Something for Krung Thai to learn? Nah, forget it.

A little off topic, but why do so many members have to go inside the branch for banking? 

The only times I have had to go inside the branch was to open my account, and then because my ATM card was expiring, and I got a new one - that's it..

I handle all my everyday banking online, and I withdraw cash from ATM's, so no need for cash over the counter.

17 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

A little off topic, but why do so many members have to go inside the branch for banking? 

The only times I have had to go inside the branch was to open my account, and then because my ATM card was expiring, and I got a new one - that's it..

I handle all my everyday banking online, and I withdraw cash from ATM's, so no need for cash over the counter.

There has been a lot of research done on this, especially as banks started moving towards online banking and the like in the late 1980s and even though it was supposed to be "what everyone wanted" it didn't quite turn out like that. To coincide with the "online move" banks started to close branches in order to help with the move to the electronic age.

Unfortunately several things happened in as much as customer satisfaction scores fell quite markedly, customers started moving their accounts to other banks which had open branches in the area and complaints increased.

However branch closures continued for many years until much more research was done and quite a few factors came into play with regards to the reasons why customers preferred to go to branches to do their banking, and they were, in no particular order: –

– Older customers preferred dealing with a person rather than a machine/faceless voice.

– There was also an element of "social interaction" in visiting a branch, not only with the branch staff, but also friends and regular customers there. Added to that was the fact that many customers knew their branch managers and felt just a little "special" in the recognition they got when speaking to them.

– Older folk also had a distrust of all things online, especially with rumours of scams and such like.

– As we all know, with online transactions, occasionally you can misspell or fail to complete some information, and the whole thing doesn't function, whereas in a branch that doesn't happen.

When you look at this, the personal touch becomes quite evident and that's one of the reasons why many banks stopped closing so many branches and indeed a few even opened those which had previously been closed.

Sorry to have gone off track, but thought you might like to know this, along with others reading the thread.

18 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

Yes, I have online banking and I use for payments.

But for cash I must go into bank as a few years back I go my ATM card skimmed for 50,000 baht, bank was no help at all in recovery so I cancelled card and prefer to show book and my passport to get cash. Plus I have the odd rebate sent to me in the form of  a baht cheque that I must lodge in the bank.

On 23/01/2017 at 0:55 AM, Old Croc said:

I have trouble getting my wheelchair on a bike.

You need one of these.

wheelchair-scooter.jpg

Or more stylish version

a-man-in-a-wheelchair-entering-a-nippi-t

Archived