No Have

madmax2

Whats wrong with businesses on Phuket, They do not seem to have a clue about keeping records of their stock and re-ordering before they run out of stock of a regularly used item

I am talking about regular used items like, chocolate, shaving foam , drugs etc

Latest episode was yesterday, i went to the bank for a cashiers check and after spending about 10 minutes signing the necessary forms was told they were out of cashiers checks and would have to come back the next day and do the whole thing again, which i have now done

These people could not survive if operating a business in a developed country, to much competition from properly run businesses  

Just now, madmax2 said:

I am used to it from shops and pharmacies but expect better service from banks

Likely there was more to 'no blank cashier cheque'.  That's just the standard Thai face saving reply when they don't know the procedure or  authorised signatory/manager not available.

1 minute ago, LivinginKata said:

Likely there was more to 'no blank cashier cheque'.  That's just the standard Thai face saving reply when they don't know the procedure or  authorised signatory/manager not available.

The manager was there he said hello i just did not respond, its his responsibility to make sure the branch does not run out of cashiers/bank checks not the staff"s

How hard is it to re-order some when down to a few days supply, to hard it seems 

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Do you feel better now? :tongue:

The only constructive thing I could add is, get used to it. 

What I can add: not only in Phuket :smile:

Not only at Tescos, not only at Makro, not only at BigC, ...

1 hour ago, madmax2 said:

The manager was there he said hello i just did not respond, its his responsibility to make sure the branch does not run out of cashiers/bank checks not the staff"s

How hard is it to re-order some when down to a few days supply, to hard it seems 

"its his responsibility to make sure the branch does not run out of cashiers/bank checks not the staff"s" - unfortunately, these are the type of people you get in management here, when promotion in the company can be bought.

Any reason why you didn't electronically transfer, via internet banking, from the comfort of your lounge room?

12 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

You really think the manager is in charge of and responsible for stock-taking? That's menial work, well below his skill-set.

The employee who's really responsible is probably at least two ranks down from him.

Its the manager who has to issue and sign the check so he should know

45 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Its the manager who has to issue and sign the check so he should know

Why would he? If he doesn't sign a check in awhile, it would be reasonable for him to think that there hasn't been much demand.

Should the manager be responsible for requisitioning pencils and staples, too?

I stand by my statement.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Why would he? If he doesn't sign a check in awhile, it would be reasonable for him to think that there hasn't been much demand.

Should the manager be responsible for requisitioning pencils and staples, too?

I stand by my statement.

He should know being the manager, its his job here or any other country

The manager of any business is responsible for the running and purchases of any small business if he/she does not employ a purchasing officer, less than 10 employees is a small business which includes most bank branches

When have you run a business, stick to your statement no problem

Issuing cashiers checks is a daily occurrence in most banks as they do not carry large amounts of cash, so there is always demand for them, otherwise they would not run out of checks 

On 1/18/2017 at 3:05 PM, madmax2 said:

Although it's not his direct responsibility, what is his responsibility is to ensure that all the processes are in place which determine that such a thing cannot happen (similar to stock control if you like) and the delegation of those tasks. And of course the occasional check by the manager to ensure that all is running smoothly IS his responsibility.

As others have said, you have to get used to it here (infuriating as it is) because it is commonplace. My local Starbucks outlet in Jungceylon regularly runs out of tea and for a month now it has been out of stock of pepper, which I sometimes like to put on a cheese croissant, and no amount of remonstrating with the staff and the manager there makes any difference whatsoever. 

32 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Although it's not his direct responsibility, what is his responsibility is to ensure that all the processes are in place which determine that such a thing cannot happen (similar to stock control if you like) and the delegation of those tasks. And of course the occasional check by the manager to ensure that all is running smoothly IS his responsibility.

As others have said, you have to get used to it here (infuriating as it is) because it is commonplace. My local Starbucks outlet in Jungceylon regularly runs out of tea and for a month now it has been out of stock of pepper, which I sometimes like to put on a cheese croissant, and no amount of remonstrating with the staff and the manager there makes any difference whatsoever. 

I used to take my own white pepper to my favourite Sunday lunch restaurant. They never had it, and still don't.  shrug .gif 

6 hours ago, madmax2 said:

I do not think you are allowed to but its located at tesco lotus park in rawai

They have checks back in stock now though

So it's not my bank then - "Krung Thai". w00t.gif 

And why on earth did they move down to the end of Vised road? Hard to park, stupid buses and VIP coaches all over the place. Crazy!  blink.gif

7 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

White pepper!

Blasphemy!

Coarse ground black pepper is the only way to go.......

Didn't realise you were a pepper snob, KB biggrin.gif  Next you'll say you don't like ice in your beer  neus.gif

I can't eat roast potatoes unless they're smothered in white pepper. Yum! licklips.gif

6 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Didn't realise you were a pepper snob, KB biggrin.gif  Next you'll say you don't like ice in your beer  neus.gif

I can't eat roast potatoes unless they're smothered in white pepper. Yum! licklips.gif

Not a snob. I prefer the term "discerning pepper gourmand".

Smother eggs, burgers, roast potatoes, roast beef and pretty much everything else that is cooked with cracked black pepper-corns.

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Not a snob. I prefer the term "discerning pepper gourmand".

Smother eggs, burgers, roast potatoes, roast beef and pretty much everything else that is cooked with cracked black pepper-corns.

Same same and onlookers often say, "do you like food with your black pepper?".

10 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

So it's not my bank then - "Krung Thai". w00t.gif 

And why on earth did they move down to the end of Vised road? Hard to park, stupid buses and VIP coaches all over the place. Crazy!  blink.gif

I like a lot of older people do not like the stairs at tesco park, so i have accounts with 2 banks, BB at TL and SCB at rawai beach, which has good parking, your bank probably though they would get more business by shifting but typical of most businesses do not allow for vehicle parking only motorbikes, bad decision by the bank

6 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

To all black pepper lovers. It changed my life.

I wish I'd known about this trick a few years ago - would've saved a lot of pain when I first prised the top off using just my thumbs.  roll_eyes.gif

7 hours ago, madmax2 said:

I like a lot of older people do not like the stairs at tesco park, so i have accounts with 2 banks, BB at TL and SCB at rawai beach, which has good parking, your bank probably though they would get more business by shifting but typical of most businesses do not allow for vehicle parking only motorbikes, bad decision by the bank

Those wooden steps are treacherous in the rain. I don't recall having that problem - falling down - in the UK. Maybe it's "1st World" vs. "Developing".

I think the next time I go to that Krung Thai branch I'll ask them when they'll be moving back to the Tesco Park. biggrin.gif

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

I wish I'd known about this trick a few years ago - would've saved a lot of pain when I first prised the top off using just my thumbs.  roll_eyes.gif

Me too, but, in my case I would have saved a lot of money. I used to go through one a month.

Now I buy a big bag of local peppercorns and refill. Saving a fortune.

That's the most painstaking demo video I've ever seen!

The guy took nearly 11 minutes to show how to boil a kettle, soak something in boiling water and use a towel to dry it off.  I actually watched it right through, fascinatingly waiting for some incredible revelation.

It may have changed some lives, it nearly ended mine!

For anyone wanting to remove a molded plastic bit from a glass jar just soak it in boiling water, don't watch the video!!!

On 19/01/2017 at 8:40 PM, xylophone said:

I agree.  It's not the manager's job to order the cheques, it's the manager's job to oversee the staff who's job it is to order more cheques, when the branch needs them.

So, the manager does share some responsibility for the branch being out of cheques. 

Archived