Condoms and Cabbage restaurant ?

Lumbini

Anyone know how good the food and service is at this resort restaurant ? I was out running on the beach and came upon it . It looks beautiful possibly could use a little refresh as it looks a bit run down and old but that seems to be the flavor of anyplace not too long after a new place is built . I have been visiting this area of Thailand for long time and somehow missed this beautiful spot .

Ok is the word I would use. Good surroundings 'garden' views over the bay. Nice food if you stick to the Thai stuff all in all very passable, moderate prices some might say a bit pricy. But it's not a place that you would go to every night. 

All let down by the we couldn't care less service that's a shame. Tip don't go late as they will try and rush you out even before you have finished your main.

Would be nice to hear of other peeps remarks.

15 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

The food is always very good. There's about half a dozen branches including Pattaya, Bangkok Chiang Rai, Nakon racthasima (sp) and another. The restaurant is operated as an Aids charity.

Excellent food and service very good...best to make a reservation in advance.

I'm staggered they're still going as with some of the other posters here.

I recall them being all the rage 'back in the day' but then they seemed to fall out of favour (as places do) and I've not heard too much since those days bar the odd visit. 

Last time I went to a C+C (in BKK, but I understand they maintain similar standards across their branches) was admittedly a good few years ago with some of the staff from my office and a visiting client, there were a few gasps at the prices and the  typical 'you can get this way cheaper/spicier elsewhere' comments as you get when dining in an 'expensive' place with Thais....

FWIW they were very good in the past; a 'safe', clean place to take visiting clients, friends or family who might find authentic Thai food a little harsh.  

I'd agree 100% with the above post which states 'Western Friendly Thai Food'  which is bang on.

Not the place for an 'authentic' Thai food experience but the food was good, surroundings nice, ambience pleasant enough.

Archived