Phuket taxi driver’s licence suspended for six months

webfact

Phuket taxi driver’s licence suspended for six months

Yutthawat Lekmak

1484738142_1-org.jpg

The driver of the taxi crashed into the back of the parked truck while trying to overtake on the inside lane. Photo: Phuket Public Group

PHUKET: -- An officer from the Phuket City Police has today (Jan 18) confirmed to The Phuket News that the driver of a taxi that smashed into the back of a parked truck on Dec 14 leaving himself and two Chinese passengers injured has had his licence suspended for six months.

The officer also confirmed that in addition to the licence suspension the driver was also fined B10,000.

On Dec 14, Lt Col Surachart Thongyai of the Phuket City Police was notified of an accident at 5:40am where it was reported that a taxi had crashed into the back of an 18-wheeler truck parked on the hard shoulder of bypass road.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-taxi-driver-licence-suspended-for-six-months-60675.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-19

34 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Does anyone really believe this man will not drive a vehicle for 6 months ?

More surprising that he had a licence to suspend. He can just pop down to the motor registry and buy a new one, apparently.

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

Does anyone really believe this man will not drive a vehicle for 6 months ?

No, I do not believe that. I also think there is a reasonably high chance he will take up his job of taxi driving again, probably as soon as he is physically able to operate the controls as he recovers from his injuries.

17 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Yep! I am certain. It will definately take more time to repair that damage. LOL

Might be he is not the owner and just a paid driver. I have no doubt he will be driving again right now ... especially if he paid damages and hospital bills. 

Just now, LivinginKata said:

Might be he is not the owner and just a paid driver. I have no doubt he will be driving again right now ... especially if he paid damages and hospital bills. 

Easy fixed! Send the picture in the OP to all the taxi owners in Phuket with te text:

"Do you want your taxi to look like this? If no, do not hire this driver!"

some of the stuff on here is hilarious, stop thinking like a farang this is thailand, of course he will be on the road soon, just like all the others with no licence no insurance, its a cultural thing, "i have amulet, it not happen to me" lol